PDA

View Full Version : How?



GoldPhoenix
May 25th, 2007, 05:58 AM
How? Just, I must ask: "HOW?"

Gaius has been flaming and trolling and spamming. But Greg838, who's really another one who needed the banning, actually got banned --and I haven't seen him do anything that, you know, needed him to get banned yet.


Am I missing something? Did Greg post porno or something? Or has Gaius not achieved, in his 6 month spam campaign, quite what Greg could do in a few weeks?


I'm not getting this. He has around/over 9 infraction points. That should be enough to get banned.... Especially when he makes no attempt to debate; maybe he is a satirist, or maybe he's not --I don't care either way. He detracts from threads.

How many points did Greg have?

CliveStaples
May 25th, 2007, 06:06 AM
What constitutes "spam"?

I've seen many instances where Gaius will pipe in with some pious declaration about God's opinion on the matter, and people respond with charges of spam. Just because he isn't responding to your particular argument doesn't mean that his opinion on the topic can be regarded as spam.

Of course, he's one of them Christianists...

Turtleflipper
May 25th, 2007, 06:09 AM
he's one of them Christianists...

Your answer, Mr.Goldie :grin:

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Wait Greg got banned?? For what? What did he do cuss out a mod? I have not seen him do half the BS Gaius has done either.

manise
May 25th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Wait Greg got banned?? For what? What did he do cuss out a mod? I have not seen him do half the BS Gaius has done either.Was Greg "banned" or just suspended? I think it was the latter. Gaius should follow him down the same road to oblivion IMO.

GoldPhoenix
May 25th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I don't know, he got some form of banning, temporary or permanent.

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Greg had to of done something to one of the mods because I have not seen him flame anyone near as much as Gaius has. Have you guys?
I am not sure if something was done about this or if it even went through when I tried reporting it when he wrote it but I would think this would be considered flaming..

Originally Posted by Gaius
p.s. to the people that are taking "unnatural" to mean "doesnt happen"
Gay animals out of the closet? - LiveScience - MSNBC.com

make sure to follow the links so you can understand that homosexuality is needed in some extreme cases in animals which helps the species but not humans, but it is still indeed unnatural. as in not the natural thing that should happen.

now its obvious humans created by god would have a bit more of a mind to do the natural thing, rather than choose to do the unnatural thing and then point to the GAY zebra and say "see, they do it, why cant i?" ridiculous and mindless

Tomorrow Just Me will be taking dumps in park and simply point to the other dogs doing the same as justification. absolutely ridiculous. and a 5 pointed star as an icon, godless !
you need jesus

Apokalupsis
May 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Normally, I wouldn't do this, but given the frustration by the community over certain members, I thought it would help shed light...

Greg was suspended for 7 days for continued spamming, flaming and trolling despite numerous warnings. An example of Greg's work that apparently, you missed...

An example of Greg's work:

I came up with what I think is a mirthfull reason for many of the Negro's problems throughout the ages. Their dicks are too big! Could this be one of the motavations in this protracted discussion? May black brothern should note that now that they have stopped vandelizing my car and stealing its gasoline, I have quit exposing them. Are their pricks any smaller than before?

To homosexuals...

I suggest that you avoid all areas that aren't gay, and if you do go to them stay srictly in the closet, and you will take much less heat.

Overpopulation is not a problem among white people, but more gayness may be indicated among many non white groups, if they can't refrane from taking too many craps.

the list is endless, most of his rubbish has been removed. Most of his posts had nothing to do with the discussion. He kept using his posts as a personal blog to promote his ideas, and not discuss the topic at hand.

Greg was a bad debater and blatant troll Gauis is just a bad debater.

mican333
May 25th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Greg was a bad debater and blatant troll Gauis is just a bad debater.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Gauis is a blatant troll.

Or else insane.

CliveStaples
May 25th, 2007, 10:04 AM
That's not flaming. He isn't insulting anyone. He's making the point that we shouldn't engage in some activity just because it occurs in nature. Then he says that you need Jesus, which in a discussion of value systems and the role of humanity doesn't seem too out of place.

He just makes his points with no finesse, erudition, or tact.

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 10:06 AM
The first three pages gaius posted on in the homosexuality thread. I got tired of going back through the entire thread.


Originally Posted by Gaius
My pastor recently talked about this, he made it very clear that this is a personal choice for people that have simply decided to go agaisnt god and nature and that this is simply deviant behavior.
i agree, there is no point to this and those that engage in this type of behavior need to be punished in some way. they are doing nothing for us, and with the continuted low birth rates of whites in the world, this could be the end of us.muslims, hindus, chinese and hispanics are all outnumbering us more and more every day, western civilization is doomed and we can ill afford to tolerate this type of destructive behavior.

Originally Posted by Gaius
this is my opinion based on christian religion, and my opinions based on the current war on terror. ignorance has nothing to do with it. and it appears you have bad dreams of "the man" coming for you at night, or delusions of "the man" oppressing your brothers.


Originally Posted by Gaius

you choose your lifestyle because you wanted something, and just did it. its a selfish way to live, you dont care about the consequences. you just did what you wanted

dont use the word love when describing your relationship, it makes you look a bit funny, but more importantly diminishes the word itself.
use lust or something to that effect to describe this sin

Originally Posted by Gaius
p.s. to the people that are taking "unnatural" to mean "doesnt happen"
Gay animals out of the closet? - LiveScience - MSNBC.com

make sure to follow the links so you can understand that homosexuality is needed in some extreme cases in animals which helps the species but not humans, but it is still indeed unnatural. as in not the natural thing that should happen.

now its obvious humans created by god would have a bit more of a mind to do the natural thing, rather than choose to do the unnatural thing and then point to the GAY zebra and say "see, they do it, why cant i?" ridiculous and mindless

Tomorrow Just Me will be taking dumps in park and simply point to the other dogs doing the same as justification. absolutely ridiculous. and a 5 pointed star as an icon, godless !
you need jesus

To me this looks like more then bad debating skills.
<center><br><br><font color="red">_________________________________ <sub> Post Merged </sub>_________________________________</font><br><br></center>

That's not flaming. He isn't insulting anyone. He's making the point that we shouldn't engage in some activity just because it occurs in nature. Then he says that you need Jesus, which in a discussion of value systems and the role of humanity doesn't seem too out of place.

He just makes his points with no finesse, erudition, or tact.

Well what exactly is considered as an insult here at ODN? I have completely lost the meaning of insult then.

CliveStaples
May 25th, 2007, 10:09 AM
That's "flaming" to you?

What else is flaming, in your opinion?

How about: "It is my position that homosexuality is immoral."

Or: "It is my position that a homosexual physical relationship is a fundamental perversion of the love we are supposed to have for our neighbors."

Or: "It is my position that other cultures with higher birth rates will eventually outpopulate us unless we raise our birth rates to competitive levels."

Or: "It is my position that homosexuals have created the same "victim" culture that blacks have adopted."

Those are flames? Merely by expressing those views--which have the unfortunate quality of being opposed to yours--a member should be disciplined?

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM
That's "flaming" to you?

What else is flaming, in your opinion?

How about: "It is my position that homosexuality is immoral."
No


Or: "It is my position that a homosexual physical relationship is a fundamental perversion of the love we are supposed to have for our neighbors."
No

Or: "It is my position that other cultures with higher birth rates will eventually outpopulate us unless we raise our birth rates to competitive levels."
No


Or: "It is my position that homosexuals have created the same "victim" culture that blacks have adopted."
No

Those are flames? Merely by expressing those views--which have the unfortunate quality of being opposed to yours--a member should be disciplined?

No this was the main thing I was talking about..
Tomorrow Just Me will be taking dumps in park and simply point to the other dogs doing the same as justification. absolutely ridiculous. and a 5 pointed star as an icon, godless !
you need jesus
Maybe I shouldn't had bolded the entire thing there.

CliveStaples
May 25th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Tomorrow Just Me will be taking dumps in park and simply point to the other dogs doing the same as justification.

If his point is that we shouldn't do things merely because those things occur in nature, then his comparison is sound. If you use animals who engage in homosexual activity as a justification for humans to do the same, then why not use the same justification for other activities?

My problem is that you appear to be of the mind that merely by taking that position, Gaius should be disciplined.

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 10:20 AM
He did nothing to back anything he said there. When someone would put information infront of him he ignored it and just kept going the route he was on.

Wait why am I even argueing about him, nothing is going to be done about it. He isn;t getting banned or anything so forget it.

Apokalupsis
May 25th, 2007, 10:26 AM
No this was the main thing I was talking about..
Tomorrow Just Me will be taking dumps in park and simply point to the other dogs doing the same as justification. absolutely ridiculous. and a 5 pointed star as an icon, godless !
you need jesus
Maybe I shouldn't had bolded the entire thing there.
Yes, that is inappropriate, can you link to the post?

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 10:34 AM
http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/general_debate/9577-how_homosexuality_wrong-5.html

I tried to report this post when he first wrote it but wasn't sure if it went through, I was having computer problems then. And he had calmed down alittle bit after that so I stoped trying after 2 days.

Apokalupsis
May 25th, 2007, 11:15 AM
You linked the page, but not the post. It's a long thread...can you link to the specific post? Each post is numbered in the upper right corner. Click that link, then copy the url, or just tell me what # the post is.

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/general_debate/9577-how_homosexuality_wrong-5.html#post213720

This is the link to the post that is right under where that was written. That part has been deleted from the OP of gaius.
<center><br><br><font color="red">_________________________________ <sub> Post Merged </sub>_________________________________</font><br><br></center>
It is quoted several times by several different people on there.

Gaius
May 25th, 2007, 11:42 AM
i was useing that as an example of how absurb homosexual defenders' arguments are that animal behavior shows that something is natural.
just as clive said. YOU and your defenders point to ANIMAL BEHAVIOR to justify you actions.
Quite literally you are saying "animals do it too". yes and? what are you proposing? That if an animal takes a dump in the park you will join him? afterall, ANIMAL BEHAVIOR = natural. That male dog is humping that other male dog, see? now cant i as a man, go and hump another man?

the dog took a dump in the park too, as per your argument, animal behavior is natural, why not join him, and if anyone challenges you, just point to the dog.

If you dont want to be called on your RIDICULOUS arguments, dont present them, and dont let anyone defend you useing the "animals do it too!" line of pro-homosexual reasoning.

Find Jesus. and if you think "Find Jesus" is offensive, then you really really need to Find Jesus
Next thing, youll be getting mad i say god bless america

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 11:51 AM
i was useing that as an example of how absurb homosexual defenders' arguments are that animal behavior shows that something is natural.
just as clive said. YOU and your defenders point to ANIMAL BEHAVIOR to justify you actions.
Quite literally you are saying "animals do it too". yes and? what are you proposing? That if an animal takes a dump in the park you will join him? afterall, ANIMAL BEHAVIOR = natural. That male dog is humping that other male dog, see? now cant i as a man, go and hump another man?

the dog took a dump in the park too, as per your argument, animal behavior is natural, why not join him, and if anyone challenges you, just point to the dog.

If you dont want to be called on your RIDICULOUS arguments, dont present them, and dont let anyone defend you useing the "animals do it too!" line of pro-homosexual reasoning.

Find Jesus. and if you think "Find Jesus" is offensive, then you really really need to Find Jesus
Next thing, youll be getting mad i say god bless america

The difference between Clives and yours is Clive did not put my name in it like you did. Clive said "homosexuals" not "Just Me", By you saying "Just Me" using my name you made it into a personal attack.

If you want to use the animals do it business then do it in a debating fashion not a personal attack.

Gaius
May 25th, 2007, 11:54 AM
The difference between Clives and yours is Clive did not put my name in it like you did. Clive said "homosexuals" not "Just Me", By you saying "Just Me" using my name you made it into a personal attack.

If you want to use the animals do it business then do it in a debating fashion not a personal attack.

i was speaking hypothetically.
if i said. you always take dumps in the parks or have you taken dump in the park recently. Then its personal, because i say it as if you actually do it.

The way i said it, isnt a flame.

Its just like if i said "maybe i should go take a dump in the park, since all the dogs there do it" i wouldnt be flaming myself.
but if i said "i take dumps in the park all the time cuz the dogs do it too" i would be flaming myself.

make sense? ok thanks

CliveStaples
May 25th, 2007, 11:57 AM
By you saying "Just Me" using my name you made it into a personal attack.

If you want to use the animals do it business then do it in a debating fashion not a personal attack.

People use that tactic all the time. Zhavric asks "Why don't you believe in fairies under the garden if you accept claims without proof", Gaius says "You'll be taking a dump in the yard like the dogs". It illustrates his point, it is only personal insofar as he applies your own logic to you. Certainly not anything to get banned over.

Gaius
May 25th, 2007, 12:02 PM
People use that tactic all the time. Zhavric asks "Why don't you believe in fairies under the garden if you accept claims without proof", Gaius says "You'll be taking a dump in the yard like the dogs". It illustrates his point, it is only personal insofar as he applies your own logic to you. Certainly not anything to get banned over.

Excellent point. as you can see clive, with just a few posts i was able to SMASH the athiest Zhavrics arguements into oblivion. he now posts like a ghost, unable to reply to my threads or posts becuase he knows his made up facts, figures and statistics isnt even going to dent my faith.

Atheism isnt to be fought with facts and science, thats what they got, what you fight them with, is TRUTH. They dont have truth. Zhavric is now like a pet goldfish, doesnt really bother you, and isnt really entertaining. THAT is how you deal with atheists, you BREAK them with the truth. The truth of the bible

CliveStaples
May 25th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Excellent point. as you can see clive, with just a few posts i was able to SMASH the athiest Zhavrics arguements into oblivion. he now posts like a ghost, unable to reply to my threads or posts becuase he knows his made up facts, figures and statistics isnt even going to dent my faith.


Pride goeth before a fall.

You aren't going to win converts through self-aggrandizement. If you have to try to convince people that "I smashed his arguments", then you obviously didn't smash them very well.

Gaius
May 25th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Pride goeth before a fall.

You aren't going to win converts through self-aggrandizement. If you have to try to convince people that "I smashed his arguments", then you obviously didn't smash them very well.


he put me on ignore. 100 % of people that have me on ignore, are angry they couldnt win the argument.

its like a child putting his fingers in his ears, and im proud i got zhavric to do it

CliveStaples
May 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Ah, the ignore feature: the last refuge of the decidedly close-minded.

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Gaius
You guys cant seem to agree on whether justme is a guy or not. but its ok, justme is just as confused.

Originally Posted by pikatore
Plently of people are already having gay sex, and as far as I can tell, things seem to be just fine. I'd love to stick you in a gay bar, and just see how long you last trying to tell gays that.
Then this:

Originally Posted by Just Me
LOL the drag queens will tell someone " hear hold my shoes, my earrings and my hair while I beat this redneck down" lol
Next:

Originally Posted by Gaius
You are a hatefull person, i am glad i voted NO on gay marriage.
Keeping people like you out of sacred bonds with other people is good work
Then:

Originally Posted by Just Me
Ok how do you get I am a hateful person? I did not say I would do that lol...
And:

Originally Posted by Gaius
No, but you wish it to happen
Last:

Originally Posted by Just Me
What now you are a mind reader???? But you are wrong.. I do not wish harm upon anyone.. Sorry to disappoint you there...
<center><br><br><font color="red">_________________________________ <sub> Post Merged </sub>_________________________________</font><br><br></center>
You know the wording of a sentence can change the whole meaning of a sentence don't you Gaius?

Apokalupsis
May 25th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Gaius says "You'll be taking a dump in the yard like the dogs". It illustrates his point, it is only personal insofar as he applies your own logic to you. Certainly not anything to get banned over.
It isn't a bannable offense in and of itself. However, considering the fact that Gaius has received 15 actual infractions, 11 of which w/i the last 14 days, and that is in addition to all the multiple warnings he has recvd, he's walking on a very thin line.

In fact, it's caused us to re-examine our infraction/warning system.

I've since increased the expiration dates on nearly all infractions, and will decrease the infraction point threshold to be suspended.

Much of the objections about Gaius are indeed unfounded. He does present for the most part, very poor arguments. He definitely has views that many object to. Most people confuse poor argumentation and offensive positions, with spam and/or trolling. They are in error.

But this is not to say that Gaius has done no wrong. Gauis knows full well how he is violating the rules.

Gaius...if you continue at this rate, you'll have only a day or so before you are suspended from ODN. I highly recommend making a 180 if you wish to remain a member at ODN. While most suspensions are 3 - 7 days, due to the utter lack of adherence to staff advisement, I'm considering a much longer suspension. You alone are creating more work for the staff than any past member. Most people learn from their mistakes and move on to be a productive member of ODN. I need to see that from you very, very soon, else you will just move on from ODN.

mican333
May 25th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Much of the objections about Gaius are indeed unfounded. He does present for the most part, very poor arguments. He definitely has views that many object to. Most people confuse poor argumentation and offensive positions, with spam and/or trolling. They are in error.

Trolling is intentionally making inflammatory statements to cause a reaction in others. And the difference in just making bad arguments and trolling is whether the INTENTION of making those arguments is to put across your sincere point of view (however poorly you may do it) or making arguments that you don't actually believe but you figure will "stir things up".

I believe, but can't prove, that Gaius is making insincere arguments for the sake of getting people's goat and getting them into ridiculous arguments and is probably laughing to himself when people take him seriously enough to engage him in debate.

Of course no one can read his mind and prove he's doing this but I will say that I definitely think he's trolling. His arguments just do not sound sincere (and I say this of no one else on this board).

Anyway, that's my view of this.

Apokalupsis
May 25th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Trolling is intentionally making inflammatory statements to cause a reaction in others. And the difference in just making bad arguments and trolling is whether the INTENTION of making those arguments is to put across your sincere point of view (however poorly you may do it) or making arguments that you don't actually believe but you figure will "stir things up".
Yup.



I believe, but can't prove, that Gaius is making insincere arguments for the sake of getting people's goat and getting them into ridiculous arguments and is probably laughing to himself when people take him seriously enough to engage him in debate.
Then the accusation of the rule violation has no merit.



Of course no one can read his mind and prove he's doing this but I will say that I definitely think he's trolling. His arguments just do not sound sincere (and I say this of no one else on this board).

Anyway, that's my view of this.
I share a similar view. But without obvious evidence or at least reasoning, all we are left with is poor and offensive argumentation.

Most trolls flame in their posts. That's an easy way to spot them. Most of G's posts were not made in that manner. The few that were, were caught and were acted on by the staff.

The problem isn't necessarily catching the posts and violation, but a too lenient system. For years I had the infraction pt level at 10...once at 10, you were suspended for 3 days. About 6-8 months ago, I changed the pt values and increased the limit to 20.

Today I kept the point values, extended the expiration of the infractions/warnings and decreased the pt value to be suspended, down to 10.

Had it remained at 10 all along, G would have been suspended around 7 days ago.

Squatch347
May 25th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can maintain that Gaius is not a troll, none of his posts till the last two days have contained the slightest shreds of evidence or logic. There are several occasions where he maintained contrary opinions in different thread, because of who is responding.
Irregardless, sometimes its better to do what is best for the community, and I fail to see anything that Gaius has contributed to the debate. He only screams an opinion that derails the thread, he has ruined this site for me at least, and I've heard similar opinions from several other members. It is inevitable that if left to post freely that many of the members that have made this place both pleasurable and interesting will leave. Thats a lot of loss, for no evident good.

Just Me
May 25th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can maintain that Gaius is not a troll, none of his posts till the last two days have contained the slightest shreds of evidence or logic. There are several occasions where he maintained contrary opinions in different thread, because of who is responding.
Irregardless, sometimes its better to do what is best for the community, and I fail to see anything that Gaius has contributed to the debate. He only screams an opinion that derails the thread, he has ruined this site for me at least, and I've heard similar opinions from several other members. It is inevitable that if left to post freely that many of the members that have made this place both pleasurable and interesting will leave. Thats a lot of loss, for no evident good.

I agree. Even with him on ignore it does not help when he is derailing the threads and others are replying to him. It has brought alot of unnecessary tension to the threads.

mican333
May 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Then the accusation of the rule violation has no merit.

Well, maybe no technical merit, but do YOU think I'm right?

And if so, do you have the authority to rule as such or do you have to stick to a set of guidelines that says only certain written things count as trolling?

And of course if everyone agreed with me, we could all take care of this problem without any technical assistance by having everyone ignore him.

So I will say again to everyone:

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS (like Gaius). JUST IGNORE.

Xanadu Moo
May 25th, 2007, 03:09 PM
And of course if everyone agreed with me, we could all take care of this problem without any technical assistance by having everyone ignore him.

So I will say again to everyone:

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS (like Gaius). JUST IGNORE.
That would be nice, however that's just like saying DON'T ANSWER JUNK E-MAIL. JUST DELETE THEM. If everyone did that, junk e-mail would stop. Unfortunately, there are enough people out there to keep these things going.


Sometimes its better to do what is best for the community.
Amen to that, brother.


I fail to see anything that Gaius has contributed to the debate. He only screams an opinion that derails the thread, he has ruined this site for me at least, and I've heard similar opinions from several other members. It is inevitable that if left to post freely that many of the members that have made this place both pleasurable and interesting will leave.
I second this. Isn't it interesting how Gaius is being granted all these levels of protection all for the sanctity of his membership here, while the rest of us who are trying to contribute positively to ODN are getting the brunt of his shenanigans, and having a much worse time here than he is? He's like a graffiti artist, making a mockery of ODN's structures. When do we say enough is enough? When three or four ODN regulars leave for good? And all to hang onto a quasi-troll who can't quite be pegged as a bona fide troll yet? All over a technicality? Like you said, Apok, the mods are spending way too much time on this guy. Dump him like a rock.

Maybe if every time he posted, about twenty different people said, "Shut up, Gaius! Go back into your cave!" then that might rain on his parade a little and prompt him to cut it out.

And it's not going to end with Gaius. We need to crack down on these people before they get going. There should be a certain level of decorum required at ODN, with a near zero tolerance level. You talka like a twelve-year-old, you no posta here until you can talk older.

And what's to stop Gaius from just creating another account? Apok, can future accounts from the same IP and similar IP locations be blocked?

Slipnish
May 25th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Excellent point. as you can see clive, with just a few posts i was able to SMASH the athiest Zhavrics arguements into oblivion. he now posts like a ghost, unable to reply to my threads or posts becuase he knows his made up facts, figures and statistics isnt even going to dent my faith.

Atheism isnt to be fought with facts and science, thats what they got, what you fight them with, is TRUTH. They dont have truth. Zhavric is now like a pet goldfish, doesnt really bother you, and isnt really entertaining. THAT is how you deal with atheists, you BREAK them with the truth. The truth of the bible

http://www.fabiatou.com/uploaded_images/omfg-779425.jpg

That is the funniest bit of outright, blatently stupid thing I have EVER seen posted on here...

YOU smashed an argument of Zhav's? He posts like "a ghost"!?!?!?!?!!!

Dude... He's got you on ignore.

I seriously doubt your ability to smash any rational argument, much less one of Zhav's. Not for any theistic reasoning, but because I've seen you both post...

Dude...

You are SO PWNzORED!!11!!one!11one!1 Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!
<center><br><br><font color="red">_________________________________ <sub> Post Merged </sub>_________________________________</font><br><br></center>
Feed the troll. He'll crack and get banned.

God bless.

Apokalupsis
May 25th, 2007, 04:14 PM
And what's to stop Gaius from just creating another account? Apok, can future accounts from the same IP and similar IP locations be blocked?
Yes.

wanxtrmBANNED
May 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
If his point is that we shouldn't do things merely because those things occur in nature, then his comparison is sound. If you use animals who engage in homosexual activity as a justification for humans to do the same, then why not use the same justification for other activities?

My problem is that you appear to be of the mind that merely by taking that position, Gaius should be disciplined.
Clive his wording on those threads, was extremely inflammatory and wrong, to even think you agree at all is not really very "christian" now is it?

pikatore
May 25th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Atheism isnt to be fought with facts and science, thats what they got, what you fight them with, is TRUTH.

THAT is how you deal with atheists, you BREAK them with the truth. The truth of the bible

...?!

I think you've already 'broken' something, but I don't think it's an atheist...

wanxtrmBANNED
May 25th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Ah, the ignore feature: the last refuge of the decidedly close-minded.

So KB is close minded than? He has had me on ignore for over a year, and of course (not knowing why) you also refuse to respond to myself. So in effect what you are saying is ?


Seriously you in a previous thread wanted to skin every liberal alive over the actions of a few, the liberals on this site were able to finally convince you that it is not a liberal problem but an extremist problem. You are now saying its ok if the extremist is a christian?

Squatch347
May 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Ok, here is a thought; if pika and I agree about Gaius, and lets be clear that I believe we agree on nothing else (still love ya pik man!) than shouldn't that show you that he is obviously playing both sides of debates?

Slipnish
May 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
i was useing that as an example of how absurb homosexual defenders' arguments are that animal behavior shows that something is natural.

It failed.


just as clive said. YOU and your defenders point to ANIMAL BEHAVIOR to justify you actions.
Quite literally you are saying "animals do it too". yes and? what are you proposing? That if an animal takes a dump in the park you will join him? afterall, ANIMAL BEHAVIOR = natural. That male dog is humping that other male dog, see? now cant i as a man, go and hump another man?

No. That is a strawman version of the animal defense. The point is, homosexuality is typically promulgated as an "unnatural act" by those who find it offensive.

To show that such an act is actually FOUND in nature, seems to be a pretty fair rebuttal. However, when this point is brought up, people tend to start going off topic and say, Yeah, but dogs do...whatever too.

The topic isn't about the animals, but about the ACT being found in NATURE. If wild animals aren't a part of the NATURAL world, you might have an argument...well, someone else might. I doubt you will see the difference.


the dog took a dump in the park too, as per your argument, animal behavior is natural, why not join him, and if anyone challenges you, just point to the dog.

Like it or not, in nature, we do defecate and urinate in the woods. I've done it when given no alternative.

Again, your argument falls flat.

No one is using it as total justification FOR homosexuality, just the bit YOU bring up by saying it is "Unnatural".


If you dont want to be called on your RIDICULOUS arguments, dont present them, and dont let anyone defend you useing the "animals do it too!" line of pro-homosexual reasoning.

BWAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hello pot! This is kettle! Are you still black? Over!

Man oh man. You are a genuine piece of work.

Animals do do it. Get over it.


Find Jesus. and if you think "Find Jesus" is offensive, then you really really need to Find Jesus
Next thing, youll be getting mad i say god bless america

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i306/slipnish/hahajesus.jpg

I find your ideas offensive, your concepts ill formed, and your grasp of debate only slightly better than a bruised mollusc...

pikatore
May 25th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Ok, here is a thought; if pika and I agree about Gaius, and lets be clear that I believe we agree on nothing else (still love ya pik man!) than shouldn't that show you that he is obviously playing both sides of debates?

Only god knows mate...

Gaius
May 25th, 2007, 08:01 PM
This is clearly anti-christian outrage
Someone sees a christian quoting the bible, spreading the faith, talking about protecting america, democracy, freedom and christianity.
Suddenly all hell breaks loose, everyone from atheists to liberals (actually lets be honest, its mostly atheists and liberals) are screaming bloody murder that a christian is allowed to speak his or her mind.

Well this isnt school boys and girls, you cant force religion out of debate.

If youre an atheist or liberal or homosexual, use ignore like the brave zhav/justme or wannabextreme. or like squatch, who spread freedom and democracy to those thirsty for it, only to come back and be confused by a fellow christians posts.

although no matter what, i harbor no ill will to those who havent found jesus, but i will not be silenced.
NONE of my current violations are for anything other than simple off topic comments, not flames or personal attacks. Ok maybe one, but that was very mild. i think i called someone liberal turd. but come on. thats just funny.

Just Me
May 26th, 2007, 06:17 AM
This is clearly anti-christian outrage
Someone sees a christian quoting the bible, spreading the faith, talking about protecting america, democracy, freedom and christianity.
Suddenly all hell breaks loose, everyone from atheists to liberals (actually lets be honest, its mostly atheists and liberals) are screaming bloody murder that a christian is allowed to speak his or her mind.
Do you see any of us complaining about any of the other Christians here? No you do not.


Well this isnt school boys and girls, you cant force religion out of debate.
So does this mean you are finally going to start having a logical debate instead of derailing every thread?

If youre an atheist or liberal or homosexual, use ignore like the brave zhav/justme or wannabextreme. or like squatch, who spread freedom and democracy to those thirsty for it, only to come back and be confused by a fellow christians posts.
lol

although no matter what, i harbor no ill will to those who havent found jesus, but i will not be silenced.
religion does not belong in every single debate. It would even be different if you used the religion in a debatable fashion. Instead you just tell people they need to "find Jesus".

NONE of my current violations are for anything other than simple off topic comments, not flames or personal attacks. Ok maybe one, but that was very mild. i think i called someone liberal turd. but come on. thats just funny.
Only funny to simple minds.

GoldPhoenix
May 31st, 2007, 11:38 AM
Uh, a 6 day banning.... What the hell Apok?

Gaius
May 31st, 2007, 12:00 PM
you should probably take this to PM's.
Seems you have issues with the administration on this website.

Xanadu Moo
May 31st, 2007, 12:02 PM
Uh, a 6 day banning.... What the hell Apok?
Maybe his parole board was a little lenient on him. This isn't looking too good, is it? This is like having the federal government put up an 800-mile wall between the U.S. and Mexico, but that it's only 3 feet high!

Another interesting thing, GP, is that Gaius has posted a whopping 15 times in the last two hours apparently his first two hours back. He's very effectively spreading his good cheer all around ODN. I think someone who gets suspended twice should have a five-post limit per day for the first couple weeks back.

At the rate of 15 posts every two hours, and if he spent five hours a day at ODN, he'd have 37 a day, or about 180 in a work week, or 1000 in two months. I've been here almost three years and I'm a little over 2000. Considering the source, I'd say we could bring Gaius up on littering charges if nothing else.

Gaius
May 31st, 2007, 12:08 PM
Maybe his parole board was a little lenient on him. This isn't looking too good, is it? This is like having the federal government put up an 800-mile wall between the U.S. and Mexico, but that it's only 3 feet high!

I dont think there should be a wall just on the border, i think all illegal immigrants and legal immigrantion should be stopped.

Guess who ill be sending back first xanadu ? oh im j/k you look like him

wanxtrmBANNED
May 31st, 2007, 12:32 PM
you should probably take this to PM's.
Seems you have issues with the administration on this website.

You have no footing to actually tell anyone what to do, given your pitiful record.

GoldPhoenix
May 31st, 2007, 12:35 PM
This message is hidden because Gaius is on your ignore list.


What's that Gaius? You think people still care about your opinions?


Don't worry, we don't.

Mr. Hyde
May 31st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Well this isnt school boys and girls, you cant force religion out of debate.

Dude, I'm as ardent believer as some of more noteworthy theists on this site, but you don't see me, or them, rambling on in each and every ****ing thread about my faith and how I've got the holy ghost up my coat tails.

If the debate doesn't concern religion (in other words, ANY thread OUTSIDE the RELIGION FORUM) then religion has no place in that debate. So to sum it up, unless you're in the religion forum posting in a religious debate, shut it the **** on up. Hell, I'm a fierce believer and even I'm getting sick of seeing "Find Jesus" like it's a ****in easter egg hunt for Christ.

pikatore
May 31st, 2007, 03:58 PM
I wonder if it will ever be bad enough to actually DRIVE Christians to another religion.

GoldPhoenix
May 31st, 2007, 03:58 PM
You know what the best part of ignoring Gaius is, Hyde?

If you scroll up or down fast enough, you don't even notice that he posted.

Xanadu Moo
June 1st, 2007, 08:13 AM
You know what the best part of ignoring Gaius is, Hyde?

If you scroll up or down fast enough, you don't even notice that he posted.
Who's Gaius? Isn't he merely a vicious rumor?

Gaius
June 1st, 2007, 12:10 PM
If my face was ugly and it looked like my teeth were deformed, i probably wouldnt smile.

Just saying.

Squatch347
June 1st, 2007, 01:28 PM
Well the forum was nice again, but now hes back, there goes the neighborhood.

Xanadu Moo
June 1st, 2007, 01:37 PM
Well the forum was nice again, but now hes back, there goes the neighborhood.
On the first day he was released from prison, he had 35 (count 'em) posts, which was yesterday. At least we had our five-day vacation. Maybe we'll get one of those every six months or so. Let me know when it's safe to come out again. I'll be hibernating.

Turtleflipper
June 1st, 2007, 01:42 PM
On the first day he was released from prison, he had 35 (count 'em) posts, which was yesterday. At least we had our five-day vacation. Maybe we'll get one of those every six months or so. Let me know when it's safe to come out again. I'll be hibernating.

Every day I discover you have more traits in common with bears then I originally thought.
Anyways, come on and stay. Don't hide under a rock when the going gets ruff (just the way your mother likes it eh trebeck? lol)

Just Me
June 2nd, 2007, 03:50 AM
It said under his name "I've been given a time out".
His last activity was yesterday.. Another break of peace for us.

GoldPhoenix
June 2nd, 2007, 05:45 AM
Well, I'm glad he's back to banning. Congrats to Apok.


Who's Gaius? Isn't he merely a vicious rumor?

You mean like an urban legend?



This message is hidden because Gaius is on your ignore list.


What's that Gaius? You like urban legends, too?

The best thing about urban legends, Gaius, is that they don't talk back.

Apokalupsis
June 2nd, 2007, 06:51 AM
Gaius didn't learn his lesson despite the numerous pms, warnings and infractions. W/i 24 hrs of coming back, he flamed again, the system auto-suspended him (see...told ya it was tweaked real goooood now).

And seeing as how...

1) He just doesn't seem capable of complying with ODN policies...
2) Doesn't seem interested in abiding by staff instructions/warnings...
3) Continues to take up more time and energy for the staff than any other member in the history of ODN...
4) Has not brought any positive influence or activity to ODN, instead, all negative...
5) Truly needs to work on his communication skills...
6) The community as a whole has been "disrupted" by his participation...

It was decided to perma ban him.

It's possible that he comes back temporarily due to the system typically unsuspending those it suspends, we'll manually make the changes ourselves when he does. I'll refer him to another community.

Just Me
June 2nd, 2007, 07:02 AM
Thank you, Apok.

Xanadu Moo
June 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'm lovin' it... I'm lovin' it...

And he said, "Be free, be free!!!"

http://www.watcherswatch.com/pics/happyfeet.gif

http://www.nationalentertainment.co.uk/assets/images/fireworks/fireworks2.jpg

catch22
June 2nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
I'll refer him to another community.

You don't mean a penal colony do you?:grin:

wanxtrmBANNED
June 3rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
Are kisses in order? Ok a big big big big HUG, at least!

Squatch347
June 3rd, 2007, 02:44 PM
Awesome! Thanks Apok!

Trendem
June 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
It's possible that he comes back temporarily due to the system typically unsuspending those it suspends, we'll manually make the changes ourselves when he does. I'll refer him to another community.
Thinking of sabotaging a rival debate site Apok? :afro:

(j/k)

Apokalupsis
June 3rd, 2007, 08:53 PM
Well, V seems to take those that ODN "rejects". That's historically been the case. That's fine by me. ;)

Squatch347
June 3rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
I forsee another thread of this type opening about Alpha soon, lots of strong evidence saying he is Gaius under a new name.

Apokalupsis
June 3rd, 2007, 09:06 PM
The IP's are different.

Squatch347
June 3rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
True, but he is using proxy server (hence why none of his links work). And he has made some obvious references, like the CNN evidence (weak) and the "IEDed you" reference which was a sparing match between myself and Gaius early on. Clearly though it is interesting that he is trying to cite stuff, but so was gaius right before he uh left. I'm not proposing anything, just found it interesting.

Alpha
June 3rd, 2007, 09:34 PM
True, but he is using proxy server (hence why none of his links work). And he has made some obvious references, like the CNN evidence (weak) and the "IEDed you" reference which was a sparing match between myself and Gaius early on. Clearly though it is interesting that he is trying to cite stuff, but so was gaius right before he uh left. I'm not proposing anything, just found it interesting.

the links will be typed up now.
Less QQ squatch and more conservative talking points for me to take down.

Im purposely imitating gaius in small ways, seems like fun. the site has like 10 regulars, beggers cant be choosers

wanxtrmBANNED
June 3rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
the links will be typed up now.
Less QQ squatch and more conservative talking points for me to take down.

Im purposely imitating gaius in small ways, seems like fun. the site has like 10 regulars, beggers cant be choosers

Interesting that he is saying and doing the exact same things that gaius was. Amazing that a so called adult cannot take the hint and leave. For the record Apok and others I too have access to numerous Proxies and wonderful programs that switch IPs left and right.


And he is stating exactly what, and how gaius did, this is gaius. He will now go on ignore.

Alpha
June 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Interesting that he is saying and doing the exact same things that gaius was. Amazing that a so called adult cannot take the hint and leave. For the record Apok and others I too have access to numerous Proxies and wonderful programs that switch IPs left and right.


And he is stating exactly what, and how gaius did, this is gaius. He will now go on ignore.

anyone can read exactly what anyone else said on this forum. its called search

i will now ask you to QQ more, stop destroying this website by keeping it a chatroom of 10 people

Squatch347
June 3rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
Wait, again with the QQ, I didn't get that term the first time you said it.

wanxtrmBANNED
June 3rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
anyone can read exactly what anyone else said on this forum. its called search

i will now ask you to QQ more, stop destroying this website by keeping it a chatroom of 10 people

The problem is this PM was privately sent to Gaius You quoted it back to me as if it were your own story, sorry bro you lose.




Look, i had back surgery lately and my brother is deployed to iraq and he may die for my freedom of speech......and oil

Squatch347
June 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
You are absolutely right, wanna, ignore it is, have a good night Gaius.

Alpha
June 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Wait, again with the QQ, I didn't get that term the first time you said it.

check urban dictionary
apparantly its "crying eyes"
you say it to someone who is whining about something.
like you and wanna

Squatch347
June 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
This message is hidden because Alpha is on your ignore list. Sorry, what? You'll have to speak up.

wanxtrmBANNED
June 3rd, 2007, 09:51 PM
check urban dictionary
apparantly its "crying eyes"
you say it to someone who is whining about something.
like you and wanna

Goodbye.

Alpha
June 3rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
The IP's are different.

Case Closed

Mr. Hyde
June 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
Alpha is clearly Gaius.

Due some information Wanna floated me, the "QQ" reference, posting style, and the fact that in a reported post he referred to Squatch as "Sarge" which was something only Gaius did, I'm standing on the position that this is without question Gaius reborn.

wanxtrmBANNED
June 3rd, 2007, 11:57 PM
For the record I downloaded an Anonymizer last night, to change my IP and keep it changing.

Check my IP apok, it should be different now.

lol

Just Me
June 4th, 2007, 03:39 AM
I wander if he wiill get the hint now since he has been given a timeout on this name??

Trendem
June 4th, 2007, 04:30 AM
What a pity, and he seemed to be starting to talk coherently in his new incarnation too...

Turtleflipper
June 4th, 2007, 04:42 AM
It'd be kinda weird if you ran into him on the street now wouldn't it? You'd just not know what you say.

Xanadu Moo
June 4th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Im purposely imitating gaius in small ways, seems like fun. the site has like 10 regulars, beggers cant be choosers
Based on sheer logic alone, and without even viewing the IPs, we could surmise from just this one post that it was almost certainly Gaius. The timing is way too coincidental, as well as the typing style to confirm it. So if we've had a troll for the past few months who is sent away, and then all of a sudden a "new" member comes on the scene wanting to be an innocent Gaius impersonator. About a 95% chance it's either Gaius or someone who is in cahoots with Gaius and knows him personally.

Apokalupsis
June 4th, 2007, 07:37 AM
I can ban as many IP's as he can come up with. :) It's interesting how "deranged" banned people can be and how much ODN affects their personal life so much that they can't think of anything else other than figuring out a way to create a new account (vs finding a more suitable community for them). The problem for them is, it takes me far less time to ban them than it does for them to create an account.

wanxtrmBANNED
June 4th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I can ban as many IP's as he can come up with. :) It's interesting how "deranged" banned people can be and how much ODN affects their personal life so much that they can't think of anything else other than figuring out a way to create a new account (vs finding a more suitable community for them). The problem for them is, it takes me far less time to ban them than it does for them to create an account.

I know that I hook ODN up to my IV every morning. And than find it hard to take out every night. In fact I was seeing a therapist (Im lying it was 3 different ones, on top of the meds) regarding my ODN addiction! hhaha No joke, oh well I do like it here!

mican333
June 4th, 2007, 09:42 AM
It was decided to perma ban him.


Thanks, Apok.

I wouldn't thanked you earlier, but I've been away for a while.

pikatore
June 6th, 2007, 04:14 AM
MAN that guy was annoying.

catch22
June 12th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Heeee's Back

wanxtrmBANNED
June 13th, 2007, 12:52 AM
LOL In answer to the opening line, he fell into a rut and cant get out!

Zhavric
June 13th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Well, V seems to take those that ODN "rejects". That's historically been the case. That's fine by me. ;)

Have you looked over there, lately? I guess part of being an Aussie is doing things upside down & backwards...

pikatore
June 13th, 2007, 05:37 PM
well, V seems to clean out it's trolls pretty thoroughly, cause I haven't noticed anything, apart from a few blip on the radar that were banned after two or three posts