PDA

View Full Version : Anniversay of the bombing of Nagasaki

tothelastdrop
August 10th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I love stories like this, christians killing other christians, while being blessed by other christians.

Havent had this much fun since I heard about the christian iraqi population being attacked, cleansed and kicked out of their own country thanks to the US invasion.

We neednt mention the palestinian christians that have all but vanished thanks to christian backed israeli actions against the palestinians.

The Bombing of Nagasaki August 9, 1945: The Untold Story by Gary G. Kohls (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/kohls8.html)

Now it turned out, in the mystery of good and evil, that St. Mary’s Cathedral was one of the landmarks that the Bock’s Car bombardier had been briefed on, and looking through his bomb site over Nagasaki that day, he identified the cathedral and ordered the drop.

At 11:02 am, Nagasaki Christianity was boiled, evaporated and carbonized in a scorching, radioactive fireball. The persecuted, vibrant, faithful, surviving center of Japanese Christianity had become ground zero.

And what the Japanese Imperial government could not do in over 200 years of persecution, American Christians did in 9 seconds. The entire worshipping community of Nagasaki was wiped out.

mmmmm mmmmm good

chadn737
August 10th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Not a very sensible argument at all.

The cathedral is a landmark...hence something easily identified. Its role in the bombings have aboslutely nothing to do with religion.

Keep on twisting the truth bud.

tothelastdrop
August 10th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Now it turned out, in the mystery of good and evil, that St. Mary’s Cathedral was one of the landmarks that the Bock’s Car bombardier had been briefed on, and looking through his bomb site over Nagasaki that day, he identified the cathedral and ordered the drop.

At 11:02 am, Nagasaki Christianity was boiled, evaporated and carbonized in a scorching, radioactive fireball. The persecuted, vibrant, faithful, surviving center of Japanese Christianity had become ground zero.

And what the Japanese Imperial government could not do in over 200 years of persecution, American Christians did in 9 seconds. The entire worshipping community of Nagasaki was wiped out.

American Christians after being blessed by the chaplains, bombed a christian site, and annihilated the japanese christians in the city.

Im saying good riddance, and thats how it should be.
If there is a "truth" im twisting, much like your arguments on this site after, let me know

Turtleflipper
August 10th, 2007, 02:50 PM
^
It is rare we get a liberal troll (I don't know why), but I am pretty sure you qualify.

Germans used the Thames for London, Americans used the church. I can't even begin to imagine the thought process that lead to you to another conclusion.

wanxtrmBANNED
August 10th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Absolute crap thread, useless and pointless.

chadn737
August 10th, 2007, 03:18 PM
If there is a "truth" im twisting, much like your arguments on this site after, let me know

Twisting the truth means/includes taking true fact our of context in order paint a picture of the situation that is not at all intended.

It was never the US intention to target Japanese Christians.

Rather Nagasaki (an important Japanese naval base...hence an important military target) was actually the secondary target. The primary target was Kokura, however due to cloud cover the pilots were forced to attack Nagasaki.

Furthermore Nagasaki was not a highly developed city like Hiroshima. Most of the buildings were simple, wooden, not at all modern. This means few significant landmarks.

Thanks for adding to the good opinion we have of atheists/agnostics. You have done well in demonstrating your true nature.

tothelastdrop
August 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Im just glad that american christians had no problem at all in annihilating the japanese christians. I commend them for it.

CliveStaples
August 11th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Im just glad that american christians had no problem at all in annihilating the japanese christians. I commend them for it.

Is your point that Christians are hypocritical for killing other Christians? I've never heard of a special exemption for Christians from the right to kill in self-defense or in the defense of others in the Bible. Do you have a verse that supports such a claim?

FruitandNut
August 11th, 2007, 10:44 PM
It was not a deliberate Christian targetting Christian - as in, 'oh, those are Christian Japs, let's go bomb the heck out of them' - unlike a lot of the Muslim on Muslim stuff that goes on around the globe!

tothelastdrop - needs to address his (dis)ability to reason.

Squatch347
August 13th, 2007, 06:27 PM
^
It is rare we get a liberal troll (I don't know why), but I am pretty sure you qualify.

Germans used the Thames for London, Americans used the church. I can't even begin to imagine the thought process that lead to you to another conclusion.

Wait, what was gaius then? jk, trolls are a political category all themselves. What an idiotic thread.

Vercingetorix
August 15th, 2007, 07:21 AM

American Christians after being blessed by the chaplains, bombed a christian site, and annihilated the japanese christians in the city.

You kinda lost me after you said "Now it turned out" could you please explain?

margitanne
January 12th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Three points:
-I guess you are saying that the only group of people who should be fighting for their countries are non-religious people?
-Is it better that American Christians dropped an a-bomb on a Buddhist community because they believe different things?
-And actually, Nagasaki’s worshipping community wasn’t destroyed. It still exists complete with a new Urakami Cathedral.

princefigs
March 27th, 2008, 07:14 PM

So are you suggesting that we should not attack a country because of a particular religious group happens to be there?

I wish that other countries had that view towards America....

hell, we could not possibly be attacked....