PDA

View Full Version : William Hung?

Anywien
July 14th, 2004, 10:55 PM
I was just wondering if anybody thinks William Hung deserves his recording contract. I don't.

Dionysus
July 14th, 2004, 11:20 PM
I can find no error in your conclusion.

Anywien
July 14th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Why is he so popular? Do people know? Why did he get the record deal in the first place?

Dionysus
July 15th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Why is he so popular? Do people know? Why did he get the record deal in the first place?

Herd Mentality

Anywien
July 15th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Why can't I get a record deal? :( I can't sing either.

Dionysus
July 15th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Why can't I get a record deal? :( I can't sing either.

You're not ugly or un-gifted. Sorry.

Anywien
July 15th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Well I have bad teeth, and I can't dance....Am I close?

HappyLady
July 15th, 2004, 02:30 AM
I was just wondering if anybody thinks William Hung deserves his recording contract. I don't.

A lot of people with no talent get recording contracts or famous. Look at Britney Spears...but at least she's hot. Shania Twain...oh yeah...she's hot, too.

Hmmm...let me think...are they any famous ugly people with no talent?

I guess William Hung defies nature. But, in his defense, I think he got his record contract for having the courage to put himself out there...even if had no talent to be there.

Anywien
July 15th, 2004, 02:45 AM
But look at all the other people who audition who have no talent. They have the courage to audition, and go for it, but none of them get record deals, do they?

HappyLady
July 15th, 2004, 02:48 AM
But look at all the other people who audition who have no talent. They have the courage to audition, and go for it, but none of them get record deals, do they?

I think, though, that William Hung got the record deal because he was an extreme D-O-R-K. A lot of people auditioned who were dorky with no talent, but really...he was the dorkiest. (Though I think Scat Girl was a close second.) Sometimes being on the extreme end...even if it is the opposite end of what is desirable, will yield results.

tinkerbell
July 15th, 2004, 05:43 AM
I think it was his attitude..He stood out.He was happy to be alive, happy with himself.That's so rare.There is a innocence about him.
I find the most likeable people in the world can become the most successful.Others want to see them beat the odds and end up where they want to be.He makes people smile.He seems innocent..and sometimes oblivious.

Everyone has a quality that makes them stand out..Even if it's just attitude.If a person can embrace what's best about them, the rest of the world will see it as well.

William is goofy, he's everyones inner dork.He's the voice that whispers "you can't do that, your not good enough."
He decided to ignore that voice or has no time or energy to create one.Kuddos!! We like him because secretly there are things we know we are just not cut out to be, because that's what the world tells us..He has the courage to believe he has something special.

Sadly the fame will not last for too long in the arena of song..But hopefully his attitude will never change and he will be able to look fondly back on it as one of the small but oh so fun rides of his life.

William even has his own set of ring tones for cells..

Telex
July 15th, 2004, 07:54 AM
was just wondering if anybody thinks William Hung deserves his recording contract. I don't
Getting a record contract has nothing to do with whether the artist "deserves" it or not. Labels sign artists to make money. Hung made money. The end.

ShadowKnight
July 15th, 2004, 09:10 AM
If he makes it, i'm going to buy his CDs. Go WILLAIM HUNG! GO AND BEAT BRITNEY DOWN!

I guess William Hung defies nature.

lol

Zenstone
July 16th, 2004, 06:46 PM
I have a few Chinese friends who find him quite embarrasing.

HappyLady
July 16th, 2004, 07:58 PM
I have a few Chinese friends who find him quite embarrasing.

Well, he does help to fulfill that Asian naive simpleton stereotype. I know Asians a minority in America, but they are highly underrepresented in the media when compared to other minorities, such as black or Hispanic. The only show I see with Asians on it is that one on Spike TV late at night and it's an import. (The one with the lame obstacle courses and voice overs.) Now that they do get some kind of representation with this Well Hung phenomenon, it happens to be continuing the stereotype trend rather than breaking it.

Anywien
July 18th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Maybe that's why he's popular, because he's so funny to watch.