PDA

View Full Version : Screwed encoding

Trendem
November 26th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Recently I have been getting pages of screwy coding, for example when I click on a link to a post or try to post a reply. Is this just me or is anyone else experiencing the same?

ladyphoenix
November 26th, 2007, 05:00 AM
Perhaps you could give us a screenshot? Or a clearer definition of what happens that's screwy?

I've noticed that if I don't let a page load completely before I try to do something else, or if it errors out and doesn't finish loading, I have times where I click a link (to reply or something) and nothing happens... But that was always fixed with a refresh...

FruitandNut
November 26th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Trendy - I have experienced such scr*wed up coding, I reckon that in some cases the encryption gets corrupted or hacked into.

Zhavric
November 26th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Recently I have been getting pages of screwy coding,

DEMONS, I CAST THEE OUT!!

*ahem*

No. I haven't seen anything like that.

ladyphoenix
November 26th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Trendy, aside from a slightly more detailed description of what you're getting, I would also be interested in knowing which browser you're using, and whether or not you're working from a server that has proxy filters and/or other security in place that might be more strenuous than everyday internet users...

Trendem
November 26th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I'm using Firefox on my personal laptop... I'm not using a proxy server. I've not had this problem before, and nothing has changed on my end.

I'll try to reproduce the screwy code the next time I encounter it.

Ivan
November 26th, 2007, 08:14 AM
I have attempted to edit postings in the past and will lose the entire edit due to a warning that I am not authorized to edit my post. It seems that I am signed off after a few minutes when I am either replying to a post or editing a post. Most annoying!

ladyphoenix
November 26th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Ivan, there's a reason for that.

First, you're automatically bumped if you have not had a page load in 15 minutes. That means you haven't clicked a link or refreshed a page on the site in 15 minutes.

Second, the only reason I can imagine why you would be bumped and then told you have to log in is that you haven't clicked the "Remember Me" option when logging in. If you're using a public computer, by all means, do NOT click that option. But if you're using a private computer it saves a huge headache down the road.

The only thing I can say is that you might do well to get into the habit of doing what so many of us in your situation have done, and that is copy and paste everything to a notepad file and save it to your desktop before you go trying to submit. ;) Whatever may cause that error, or whatever, this would SURELY fix the headache that problem causes for you.