PDA

View Full Version : driving in chicago

CC
August 3rd, 2004, 12:32 PM
I just spent the last few days officiating at a National tournament in chigao. What a nightmare trying to keep up with those cabs while i was driving a full-size van! I learned you don't use a turn signal until you have already cut off anohter driver, then you flsh it just to be cheeky............gonna be busy, debate on everyone, sorry if I've missed any post asked toward me.................:O)

KneeLess
August 3rd, 2004, 08:46 PM
Now that cyberclown is gone we can spring our trap, muhaha!

Meng Bomin
August 3rd, 2004, 08:52 PM
Actually I was recently in Chicago. Now I'm in Iowa. I'm touring colleges.

Now that cyberclown is gone we can spring our trap, muhaha!Is that kind of like how Fyshhed was (unsuccessfully) trying to plot with Aristotle Bot to terminate me, but instead of terminating me, he terminated Aristotle Bot (actually the upgrade did)?

mrs_innocent
August 4th, 2004, 12:38 AM
I learned you don't use a turn signal until you have already cut off anohter driver, then you flsh it just to be cheeky

Ugh...I hate bad drivers!!! :mad: It's a pretty common thread with the people here. And god help you if it's raining!!! Okay, done venting now... :D

Glad you made it okay, though!

FruitandNut
August 4th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Its not just on your side of the pond that driving can be a nightmare, it is often like that over here as well. Nowadays you not only face local eccentric driving, but also some pretty hair raising, exotic, culturally and temperamentally based manouveres and habits of 'Johnny-come-lately'.

Withnail
August 6th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Please, FruitandNut, don't compare Chicago driving to driving over there. At least here in Chicago we drive on the RIGHT side of the road! :p

CyberClown, I hope you had an opportunity to drive on Lake Shore Drive while you were here. Driving on the expressways is similar to riding a gauntlet, but Lake Shore is a great way to see the city.

CC
August 6th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Actually one of the places I went to (I did not get to go to Buddy Guy's Legends....I was out voted) was Navy Pier.....Lake Shore drive (what little of it I was actually on) was like driving by an ocean....the sears tower is so tall that from inside my van and still 4 blocks away from it I could not see the top of it......:O)

FruitandNut
August 10th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Please, FruitandNut, don't compare Chicago driving to driving over there. At least here in Chicago we drive on the RIGHT side of the road! :p

CyberClown, I hope you had an opportunity to drive on Lake Shore Drive while you were here. Driving on the expressways is similar to riding a gauntlet, but Lake Shore is a great way to see the city.

Tell you a little tale about the right side of the road. Soldiers and freemen would pass on the left, in order that the right hand is free to cross draw and wield a sword. When countries were subjugated or subservient they would be made to pass on the right.

I rest my case Mi'lud.

Withnail
August 10th, 2004, 09:20 AM
I see your point, F&N. I have always found it difficult to weild my sword while driving (I am right handed). It would be much easier if the driver were on the right hand side, then I'd be free to hack and slash with my sword arm out the driver's window.
As it stands now I either use some hired Swordsman to ride shotgun, whilst passing on the left, or I am forced to park and become a Dragoon.