PDA

View Full Version : Help! My forum posts got deleted!!!

Riceball
January 5th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Good day, everyone. I'm new to this forum in the sense that I have only used this account recently. I've made a few posts to various threads here in ODN a few days ago, only to find that they have all been deleted.

I also remember hitting the edit button on most of the posts (not filling in the "reason" field), because of a few typos that were in need of being corrected. I'm saying this just in case any of my posts got deleted because of not filling in the "reason" field. Was it because of the power outage, perhaps? Or did I anything offensive in my posts?

Lol, I almost feel like crying right now. I know I may seem like overreacting but I spent quite an amount of time gathering all my thoughts together and condensing them into a perfectly coherent paragraph on those posts, and it's saddening to see that they're all gone. :(

I hope this issue gets resolved soon. Can somebody please tell me why?

Dela Cruz
January 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM
The most likely reason is that your posts were lost when the website switched to a new server a few days ago. You can find the announcement here:

http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/announcements/13205-sited_moved_wiki_back_online.html

It's very unfortunate that that happened to you, hopefully you can "regroup" and post again. Welcome to ODN. :afro:

Riceball
January 5th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Aww ... so does that mean that my posts can't be recovered? :(

Dela Cruz
January 5th, 2008, 11:16 AM
You can ask Apok, he's the only one who knows for sure. But sadly I think that your posts probably can't be recovered.