PDA

View Full Version : Infractions / 30 Day Expiration

Apokalupsis
February 8th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Here's a list of our current infractions and their "value" in "infraction points". If a member gets 10 points within a 30 day window, the member is suspended until the points expire.

Also, we've increased the expiration for infraction points from 10 to 30 days. The infraction name is followed by the # of points it will create. The infraction expires 30 days from the date it is given unless noted otherwise.
First Link Warz Violation : 1
Inappropriate Language : 1
Spamming : 1
Plagiarism : 1
Inappropriate Initial User Name : 1
Misuse of Reputation system : 1
Challenging of staff decisions outside Site Feedback : 2
Simple Flaming : 2
Refusal to follow staff instructions : 3
Moderate flaming : 3
Spamming after prior warning : 3
Link warz after prior warning : 3
Extensively insulting PMs to members : 4
Trolling : 5
Insulting / Disrespectful PMs to ODN staff : 5
Extensive flaming in a single post : 5
Advertising/Soliciting (in a post/pm) : 5
Posting of inappropriate sites : 9
Threats to Members or the Community : 10 (Never Expires)
Advertising/Soliciting (in a post/pm and Not an active member) : 10 (Never Expires)

southernbelle
February 8th, 2008, 12:29 PM
wait...I don't understand what these mean.....

# First Link Warz Violation : 1

Inappropriate Initial User Name : 1

Link warz after prior warning : 3

Apokalupsis
February 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
See our rules page on the issue of "Link Warz".

The other issue is when a member creates an account with an inappropriate user name (vulgar, racist, etc...).

southernbelle
February 8th, 2008, 01:18 PM
oh. thanks for clearing that up..I thought it meant if I called Lp..Pl. Haha.

LeeshaForeverr
March 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I just want to be clear on this so i know for sure it is what I am thinking

For misuse of reputation is that something like giving someone negative rep because you were given neg. rep?

dbogjohnson
March 14th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Trolling : 5
whats that?????

LeeshaForeverr
March 14th, 2008, 08:22 AM
whats that?????

I was wondering that too actually

YamiB.
March 14th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Trolling is acting in a way to purposely incite anger and attacks against yourself.

LeeshaForeverr
March 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Trolling is acting in a way to purposely incite anger and attacks against yourself.

ok, thank you, thats what I was thinking:afro:thanks for clarifying

ladyphoenix
March 14th, 2008, 08:48 AM
The definition of trolling, straight from our rules:

Trolling - Deliberately posting an offensive or contentious message with the specific intent of provoking flames or causing an annoyance to the community is not tolerated here. "Trolls" will be warned then suspended if it continues.

http://www.onlinedebate.net/index.php?page=odnrules

princefigs
March 14th, 2008, 02:21 PM
i would submit that Ibby is a troll then...hell, over 90% of all the threads that I see him post in are trying to fulfill the definition of trolling.

=]

LeeshaForeverr
March 14th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah and ive seen you telling someone to kill themselves, you are constantly rude to people all over this site if they disagree with you.

princefigs
March 14th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Actually, I have not told anyone to kill themselves.....I am rude only to those that are rude to me first. Like now, I will be rude to you. Of your 172 posts you have, I suspect that less than 15 of them are actually coherent and well thought out works on your end. I have yet to see one single post of yours that is worth the time it takes to read.

LeeshaForeverr
March 14th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Wow Zhavic, your normal lack of anything intelligent to say or ability to actually reply to a topic and surpassed by this post.

Excellent job.

Now go strangle yourself

now tell me you didnt tel someone to kill themselves, I found that in your Prove You Exist thread.

princefigs
March 14th, 2008, 06:42 PM
N, I did not....I told him to go strangle himself.....you cannot strangle yourself to death, when you pass out, you start breathing again.

Yet another one of your weak posts....number 173 of them....

Here is a challenge for you, intelligently contribute to a topic, then come and talk to me.

LeeshaForeverr
March 14th, 2008, 06:50 PM
There is still a way you can strangle yourself and die from it. It isnt hard to figure it out, my sister deals with suicides a lot, and my dad deals with attempted suicides. My sister is a cop, my dad is a doctor, I also use to be extremely suicidal so I know of plenty of ways where I could kill myself, a couple by strangleing myself, all you would have to do is tie it around your neck tight enough or even tie the ends to a chair or anything really you can tie it around.

Harrison383
March 14th, 2008, 06:59 PM
PF, I wish there was a way I could RSS your activities. Your ability to completely de-rail a thread to the point of sheer lunacy is just outright hilarious.

princefigs
March 14th, 2008, 07:02 PM
why thank you, frog person....I am nearly blushing

Trendem
March 14th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Cut it out, leesha and princefigs. Especially you, princefigs - accusing another member of trolling 90% of the time is akin to a flame.

princefigs
March 14th, 2008, 07:38 PM
so....claiming that someone is trolling....means you are flaming them.....wow....

LeeshaForeverr
March 14th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Misuse of Reputation system

can someone please explain that one a little more, is it giving someone a negative rep just becasue you were given a negative? Or is it giving a negative just because you dont like the person?

Trendem
March 15th, 2008, 06:05 AM
can someone please explain that one a little more, is it giving someone a negative rep just becasue you were given a negative? Or is it giving a negative just because you dont like the person?
"Misuse of reputation system" basically means what it says - using the reputation system in a way it was not meant to be used. Revenge repping (giving someone a neg rep because they gave you one) is one of the ways you can misuse the system.

While giving people neg reps just because you don't like them is against the spirit of the reputation system as well, in general it is hard to ascertain whether a rep was wrongly given, and as such mods usually don't act against such reps unless it is a clear case of abuse.

LeeshaForeverr
March 15th, 2008, 06:20 AM
ok, thanks, ive noticed that squatch gave adolescent a negative rep just because he was given neg. rep, it pretty much says so in the reason given.

Squatch347
March 15th, 2008, 07:17 PM
ok, thanks, ive noticed that squatch gave adolescent a negative rep just because he was given neg. rep, it pretty much says so in the reason given.

Thats not at all what I did, my neg rep was a complaint of his incorrect use of the rep system.

LeeshaForeverr
March 15th, 2008, 07:18 PM
He didnt misuse it at all.

LeeshaForeverr
March 15th, 2008, 07:19 PM
He said he mistakenly gave you the negative, he meant to give you a positive, you can go back to the chat (Gay Marriage,Gay Adoption) and see for yourself.

chadn737
March 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Thats enough of this conversation.

LeeshaForeverr
March 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I was done with that anyways :)
Sorry, i just get irritated when it comes to ignorance and sometimes I forget that I am not supposed to argure, I am working on it, so again I am sorry for it.