PDA

View Full Version : John McCain's Courageous Service video.

KevinBrowning
June 21st, 2008, 04:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQsckD9trn4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQsckD9trn4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Even those who support Obama should be interested and impressed by this video. The footage of him being interrogated soon after capture is striking.

I think the argument that he refused to be released to America simply because it would have harmed his career possibilities is ridiculous. If he had chosen to go free, he possibly still could have been a politician if he had emphasized his service and admitted accepting release as a mistake.

Regardless, he could have just made a living with some more ordinary job, and it would have been much preferable to years of torture. The undeniable truth is that he chose to stay because of his sense of honor and loyalty to his brothers in arms.

Much has been made of his temper resulting from post-traumatic stress disorder, but I think it's quite understandable in light of this video.

southernbelle
June 21st, 2008, 08:59 PM
I think the argument that he refused to be released to America simply because it would have harmed his career possibilities is ridiculous. If he had chosen to go free, he possibly still could have been a politician if he had emphasized his service and admitted accepting release as a mistake.

Of course he could have! Heck....wasn't there a man who refused to serve in the military during Vietnam....instead, choosing to flee the country....what was his name???? Oh yeah...Bill Clinton.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have EVER heard. Why would any man, woman or human being choose to stay in a prison for two years being tortured than go free just to save his or her career? He stayed for his beliefs.

I totally agree with Mrs McCain. I don't believe that ANY body should be president and Commander in Chief of our military unless they have served themselves. It's ridiculous to assign someone a job when they have NO clue what is going on....or what something is about. It's like giving an employee of McDonald's a CEO position of a fortune five hundred company. Doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the video, Kevin!

catch22
June 22nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
Of course he could have! Heck....wasn't there a man who refused to serve in the military during Vietnam....instead, choosing to flee the country....what was his name???? Oh yeah...Bill Clinton.

Again the right overlooks the log in their own eye while pointing out the speck in the left. We are in the midst of a 8 years under a man who "served" in the military. Bush's combat experiences are roughly the same as those of Clinton.

southernbelle
June 22nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
Again the right overlooks the log in their own eye while pointing out the speck in the left. We are in the midst of a 8 years under a man who "served" in the military. Bush's combat experiences are roughly the same as those of Clinton.

hey, Bush may not have had combat experience...but, at least he saw the inner workings of the military. He knew how things run...he had military experience. The military isn't just about what goes on during combat and war times. Obama and Clinton have NO military experience. I was infuriated (even when in junior high) when Clinton got elected. He had NO business being in charge of a military that he refused to serve with. And Obama doesn't either. If you can't serve your country...why should we give you control of our country?

GoldPhoenix
June 22nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
And yet he did not do a poor job, now did he?

And George Bush, who had a few years of "experience" in the military... Yeah, he's doing a bang up job.

southernbelle
June 22nd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Clinton.....didn't do a bad job???? PLEASE! What DID he do?

As for Bush...yeah, he might not be doing THE best job...but, I admire him for still standing up for his beliefs in a country that throws him under the train. It can't be easy to do a job and just live life knowing that a great deal of people think you are an idiot and berate you constantly.

Slipnish
June 22nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Clinton.....didn't do a bad job???? PLEASE! What DID he do?

As for Bush...yeah, he might not be doing THE best job...but, I admire him for still standing up for his beliefs in a country that throws him under the train. It can't be easy to do a job and just live life knowing that a great deal of people think you are an idiot and berate you constantly.

Bush isn't being thrown under the train, belle. He's having the traintrack rebuilt and modified at the tax payers expense to run through his house and over his bed.

We don't think he's an idiot, we know he's an idiot. He was very fortunate to have good political handlers who got him where he is.

KevinBrowning
June 22nd, 2008, 08:57 PM
We don't think he's an idiot, we know he's an idiot.

How? Because he started a war you disagree with? Because he misspeaks in public sometimes? How come I can think Clinton was a bad president without thinking he's an idiot? Do liberals always have to equate disagreement with stupidity? Kind of elitist.