PDA

View Full Version : Aliens are gods?

Oh snap
August 6th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Ever think maybe the aliens are the gods?

Maybe the sightings of them are just them checking up on us?

Maybe the abductions are them checking our progress?

I just thought about this one day and i haven't seen this before...

Snoop
August 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
If aliens are gods, then we are all gods because we are aliens too - to them that is.

Oh snap
August 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM
If aliens are gods, then we are all gods because we are aliens too - to them that is.

Well you aren't them so how would you know?

what if we are their creation?

Snoop
August 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
what if we are their creation?That would mean they created us - nothing more and nothing less.

Oh snap
August 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
That would mean they created us - nothing more and nothing less.

and they check on us by visiting us and abducting us too

mican333
August 6th, 2008, 12:36 PM

It could be true. As in:

Perhaps powerful alien beings have been on this planet before and were worshiped as God and perhaps many of our religious myths are based on these beings.

Or perhaps we, the human race, were created by aliens to some extent - like maybe an advanced race guided our evolution in ways that we are unaware of or perhaps genetically engineered the first humans and put us on this planet.

2001 (book and movie) display an intelligence so beyond our conception that it doesn't have recognizable form and gives the idea that if an alien race is so advanced as to have god-like power over us, then it would be seen as God.

BTW, I'm not positing any of this as fact - it's just stuff that's fun to chew on.

Wolf Myth
August 6th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Yes, it is possible aliens created us, but is it possible they created the universe? Perhaps they originally existed outside our space-time and now inhabit it? Hmm, but then it's just as likely that any creature in the universe (even ladybugs) are gods.

Oh snap
August 6th, 2008, 02:21 PM
ever think maybe we are like an alien game show? they just threw a bunch of animals on a planet and watch what happens?

Snoop
August 6th, 2008, 05:49 PM
There was a TV documentary about five years ago which explored this very notion of aliens being gods. Cloning may be the key:

Alien Gods is a one hour documentary that explores the theory that life on Earth may have been created by Extraterrestrials. It is a documentary that explores the ever popular UFO issue, but with twist. Alien Gods starts with the examination of ancient artifacts and religious manuscripts for some sign of evidence that can prove alien intervention. In addition, Alien Gods explores the religious cults that firmly believe this theory. Within this documentary is an intimate interview with "Rael," the leader of the Raelian Movement, who has recently claimed the creation of the first human clone. Rael discusses his beliefs on cloning and speaks of how he visited an alien planet with the Elohim, who he believes are the creators of all life on Earth. Written by Will Raee (http://www.imdb.com/SearchPlotWriters?Will%20Raee) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353171/plotsummary

Bridgette Lace
August 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM
First of all, I just need to say that I cannot think "alien" without thinking "anal probe", which is exactly why I prefer not to think of them at all. This idea of aliens creating us was really popular with me when I was like five, so naturally, it's probably true.

{Off topic:} Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis? Apparently they're using that as an explanation for "abductions". It's happened to me about twenty times, though I've never thought I was being abducted, it's the most terrifying feeling in the world, so I could see where it might really be aliens messing with us (;

Oh snap
August 6th, 2008, 08:56 PM
hehe anal probes =) anyway you mean that since you liked the idea when you were 5 you think its true?

Bridgette Lace
August 6th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hey, five-year-olds can be smart, okay? I think I may have had a clearer mind before it was polluted by cult-- I mean, church stuff :coolsmiley:

Oh snap
August 6th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Hey, five-year-olds can be smart, okay? I think I may have had a clearer mind before it was polluted by cult-- I mean, church stuff :coolsmiley:

Haha churches get pretty weird these days

ChuckThePotato
August 6th, 2008, 10:11 PM

I would have to believe that the aliens have ever visited us to consider that.

Zorak
August 6th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Yes, Aliens are Gods. Gods who traveled millions of light years from a civilization so advanced that we are as likely to comprehend them as an earthworm is likely to comprehend us. We are just a fleeting whim in the unfathomably imaginative curiosity of a vast hyper-intelligent, colonial society that thinks as one, acts as one, with infinite power to comprehend. Perhaps we were created to settle some vague uncertainty or to serve some small purpose to their needs. They are gods who traveled those many miles to fertilize our planet and seed it with life, only to return much later to probe our privates and crash their feeble plastic ships in the Desert of New Mexico. O.k., the last part is a little fishy, but I'd give the rest a "maybe".

http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

chosen2nd
October 21st, 2008, 12:56 PM
lets say for one minute aliens are real then why dont they show themselfs to everyone.if there is other inteligent life forms out there and they visit us they would have to be at least 1 million years more advanced. and say they come here why is it they always pick stupid redneck farmers as test subjects. wouldnt they have picked the smartest people of all time to study.

cds69
October 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM
I refuse to beleive it. To beleive that aliens are gods is to beleive that trailer park inhabitants are "the chosen ones".

Aspoestertjie
October 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM

What aliens? Do they exist?

What sightings? Please support. :)

Abductions??? When, where and how? Please, please do elaborate and please support. :)

I am confused. You just thought about aliens and you have not seen one before.... or You just thought about abduction.... man I am confused Snap?

Anway, to give you my personal POV on this...

I don't believe there is such a thing like aliens. And if there is proof of such a thing, I really would love to see it. :)

HotPancakes
October 21st, 2008, 04:29 PM
The theory you suggest could be elaborated on more, but all and all it could be debated.

ALIENS - This word is only a point of view. I would prefer to call them "life forms", but for the sake of this debate topic I'll stick with "aliens."

Foremost -- depending on whether you believe in God or not --, there isn't a valid reason to why "aliens" can't exist if we do. While the "odds" are shy for life to be present -- considering the hundreds of temperature variables, and the different resources available on certain planets --, you must consider the vast amount of galaxies in the universe, and for that, the even vaster amount of solar systems. The odds are in favor of more than one planet of life.

Secondly, for these aliens to "create" us, they would have to be incredibly advanced creatures. It is fairly safe to say that we are most likely the only intelligent life forms in our solar system (although if they are smart enough to "create" us, then they are undoubtedly smart enough to hide from us.) For them to be able to reach us fast enough, they would have to not only travel near the speed of light, but they might be better off "bending" space and time. This principal is off-topic, and is a truly fascinating theory, so for this scramble I'll leave it absent.

A more likely scenario for myself would be that the "aliens" merely stumbled upon us during a "space-adventure." It would then be likely that they would choose to investigate. Although with the technology they possess, you think they would be sneakier.

Your thoughts are entirely possible, but I would like to hear a more in-depth explanation!

Allocutus
October 23rd, 2008, 04:51 AM
Aspo,

There have been many more claimed sightings of Aliens than those of God. In fact I don't believe the Bible has a single sighting of God. There have been some burning bushes though.

Aspoestertjie
October 23rd, 2008, 04:54 AM
Aspo,

There have been many more claimed sightings of Aliens than those of God. In fact I don't believe the Bible has a single sighting of God. There have been some burning bushes though.

Allocutus...bring it on. :evil:

This is not about God, this is about aliens. ;):

Allocutus
October 23rd, 2008, 05:03 AM
Allocutus...bring it on. :evil:

This is not about God, this is about aliens. ;):

Fine, Aliens then :knuppel2:

As it happens, I've run this argument before. It was in the context of the Raelians. Raelians are a religious group who believe that Aliens came to Earth, tinkered with some DNA and such and created all life on Earth. There are, as with everything, many variations of this but that's (I believe) the broad principle. I understand that this is the type of Alien this thread is mostly concerned with. I will post some of what I said in that other debate.

So, assuming that Aliens from far far away once visited this planet and created life here, are they Gods?

Some will say "no, they were not omnipotent". Well, gods do not have to be omnipotent. Just consider Roman mythology, Greek mythology, Ancient Egyptian gods. Gods that could kill one another, hurt one another, imprison one another. Were they omnipotent beings? Clearly not.

Gods are usually defined as "supernatural". But what does that mean? "...pertains to entities, events or powers regarded as beyond nature, in that they lack a clear scientific explanation. " (http://en.wikipedia.org...).
"LACK OF CLEAR SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION". Do we have clear scientific explanation for a being that can genetically engineer DNA to the point of creating every single living thing on Earth? I suggest we do not. We will not for a long time to come. Bear in mind that a number of new species are discovered EVERY DAY. What about the Bible? What about God parting the Sea so that Moses and his mates could ride through it? Is that supernatural? Surely, if we could have a large enough hairdryer it would not be. The Flood? A very very large pump and showerhead would, in my submission, do the trick. Just where does natural end and supernatural begin? Are those aliens really not gods? I suggest that they in fact are.