PDA

View Full Version : Biden Hiden?

Ivan
October 21st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Biden hasn't given a press conference in over a month? Could it be that the Obama campaign is hiding him? I wonder why.

He could be a Republican plant!

Palin, by contrast, "...has answered questions from her national press corps on three separate occasions. On Saturday, she held another plane availability, and on Sunday, she offered an impromptu press conference on the tarmac upon landing in Colorado Springs. A few minutes later, she answered even more questions from reporters during an off-the-record stop at a local ice cream shop."
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/20/politics/fromtheroad/entry4531447.shtml

Biden has become a liability to the Obama campaign.

Snoop
October 21st, 2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah and Obama's grandma conveniently got sick in Hawaii - now he's hiding too.

Have no fear, Howard Dean is near.

Just Me
October 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Wait a second... You are complaining that Biden is hiding when just recently McCains camp just let Palin out of her box?

LiberalTruth
October 21st, 2008, 02:48 PM
Biden hasn't given a press conference in over a month? Could it be that the Obama campaign is hiding him? I wonder why.

He could be a Republican plant!

Palin, by contrast, "...has answered questions from her national press corps on three separate occasions. On Saturday, she held another plane availability, and on Sunday, she offered an impromptu press conference on the tarmac upon landing in Colorado Springs. A few minutes later, she answered even more questions from reporters during an off-the-record stop at a local ice cream shop."
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/20/politics/fromtheroad/entry4531447.shtml

Funny how you didn't talk about this when Palin might as well have been in an underground bunker with her tutors before the first interviews with the press. Perhaps you just haven't been listening, because Biden is always talking. And when I say always, I really mean always. To the point where it's annoying.

If Biden is a liability, Palin bankrupted the McCain campaign.

Ivan
October 21st, 2008, 03:52 PM
Wait a second... You are complaining that Biden is hiding when just recently McCains camp just let Palin out of her box?

I am not complaining. I am making an observation that the Obama campaign has placed Biden in a low profile. He has not held a press conference in over a month; has not answered questions from the media for nearly a month.

It is because he is a liability. Every time he opens his mouth he gets in trouble.

Snoop
October 21st, 2008, 03:55 PM
While Biden has kept his mouth shut for a month Obama has increased his lead in the polls. Brilliant strategy if you ask me.

Ivan
October 21st, 2008, 04:04 PM
Funny how you didn't talk about this when Palin might as well have been in an underground bunker with her tutors before the first interviews with the press.

It was not an issue when Palin went underground. And she went undergound so shore up her weaknesses.

Perhaps you just haven't been listening, because Biden is always talking. And when I say always, I really mean always. To the point where it's annoying.

Perhaps you didn't comprehend what was said in the OP. Biden has not had a press conference in over a month. He is talking all the time to small groups where it is presumed the press will not be present and not be recording.

I am making the point that Palin has been increasingly accessable in the last several weeks and even more so in the last several days while Biden has been less accessable and less visable.

Biden, even when not talking to the press, tends to cause trouble for Obama.

Palin seems to be increasingly comfortable in front of the cameras.

Palin is an asset to the McCain campaign.

Biden is a liability to the Obama campaign.
<center><br><br><font color="red">_________________________________ <sub> Post Merged </sub>_________________________________</font><br><br></center>

While Biden has kept his mouth shut for a month Obama has increased his lead in the polls. Brilliant strategy if you ask me.

Perhaps.

Just Me
October 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM
Who's leading right now, Obama or McCain?

Snoop
October 21st, 2008, 04:12 PM
Who's leading right now, Obama or McCain?Try this for starters: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=&q=presidential+polls

Ivan
October 21st, 2008, 04:13 PM
Who's leading right now, Obama or McCain?

The clock is ticking. The polls are tightening.

Just Me
October 21st, 2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks Snoop....

Well according to one site, it looks like Obama is doing something right and McCain is doing something very wrong....

A new national poll shows more than half of registered voters like Senator Obama. That's the highest rating ever for a first-time presidential candidate in the poll's 28-year history. And at the same time, Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin has the worst favorability rating for a first time VP candidate but do presidential polls mean anything?

The latest New York Times/CBS Poll shows Obama with a 53-percent favorable rating compared with 36-percent for Senator McCain.
National Poll (http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S626856.shtml?cat=565)

While In Ohio it is much closer..

The RealClearPolitics average currently shows Obama leading John McCain by 2.8% in the all important Buckeye state.
Ohio Poll (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1128501/ohio_presidential_polls_continue_to.html)

So if 'hiding' Biden is what they are doing, it sure seems to be working it their favor, for now anyways..

KingOfTheEast
October 21st, 2008, 07:00 PM
I think the fact that Palin is sort of a new addition to the Republican means more people want to hear about her. Biden is a Washington insider and his resume can be easily viewed. Let's be real now. Are the media [and their viewers] more interested in reporting/hearing Biden speak and spew out words he shouldn't say, or would they rather see the 'energetic' and 'attractive' Palin of who everyone is really still only getting to understand more and more? Everything she's done recently involved some sort of criticism and controversy in some way. I think the fact that Biden isn't as involved in the media shows at least in some sense that they acknowledge the possibility that his words will likely end up becoming the top story news and end up hurting the ticket in a way. So maybe they figured, the more Palin speaks, the higher chance that she will be the one who sparks controversy. And to their surprise, it's been working...

Ibelsd
October 22nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
Biden just popped his head out... now we know why he is kept in a small box.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/10/20/biden-obama-will-fumble-first-crisis/

Apparently, Biden noted something I had been stating for several months. Countries will test an Obama presidency in much the same way JFK was tested by the Russians. That part isn't surprising or a terrible admission. Biden didn't just stop there. He continued.

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where [the crisis] might originate. And [Obama is] gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

Huh???? So, Obama, a guy that Biden had repeatedly noted was a guy who wasn't not ready to be President is now asking for us to cut Obama a break? Well, I am sure the Obama fans will find some wonderful way to spin this. Seriously, though, for Obama fans, does this instill confidence in you?

Just Me
October 22nd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Maybe Biden should had kept 'hiden' a few more weeks :grin:

I can't wait to see the spin on this one...

But y'know both are going to need 'our' help...

Ivan
October 22nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
Biden just popped his head out... now we know why he is kept in a small box.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/10/20/biden-obama-will-fumble-first-crisis/

Bidens statement was made to a small group that was supposed to be without press coverage. He thought he was speaking off the record. As is often the case, the truth is revealed when the cadidates think no one is listening.

Huh???? So, Obama, a guy that Biden had repeatedly noted was a guy who wasn't not ready to be President is now asking for us to cut Obama a break? Well, I am sure the Obama fans will find some wonderful way to spin this. Seriously, though, for Obama fans, does this instill confidence in you?

Excellent point, but it really matter little to Obama supporters.