PDA

View Full Version : Intro

distilledlaugh
October 28th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Hey everyone,

I joined the other day after some moderate lurking over the last year or so. I became interested in debate after getting completely hooked on the Canadian elections, but I've always been opinionated. And hey, what better place to duke it out over opinions then online with strangers?

A bit more about me: I'm a grad student in Toronto and I'm in the process of writing my thesis about some environmental management stuff, so this site will serve well for procrastinatory purposes :grin:.

Jamie
October 28th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Welcome!

Aspoestertjie
October 28th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Welcome Distilled, hope you will enjoy ODN. :)

Just Me
October 28th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Welcome to what I have found as one of the two most addictive sites online :)

Sigfried
October 28th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Welcome :)

Bobson52
October 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Welcome to my Canadian Friend.

Dr Gonzo
October 28th, 2008, 07:42 PM
McCain or Obama?

Bobson desperately wants to know.

distilledlaugh
October 30th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Who or who?

I'm actually a bit frustrated by the focus American politics get in Canada! During the Canadian elections people would discuss Obama vs. McCain and dismiss the Canadian elections are boring and insignificant. Sure, Canada is full of windy windbag, boring leaders, but I'm a nationalist in the sense that our elections are more important than our neighbours' - despite the implications the American elections have on Canada (and the rest of the world).

I haven't really been following the American elections closely, but because I don't agree with the Straussian Neoconservative tactics used by Republicans to justify war, I can't support that party... even if McCain claims not to be the same as Bush.

Oh yeah, and Obama just seems like a cool guy.

Dr Gonzo
October 30th, 2008, 10:23 AM
...and Bobson is still alone...

GoldPhoenix
October 30th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I think he may damn well be the only conservative in all of Canada.

KevinBrowning
October 30th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Welcome.