PDA

View Full Version : Boycott!

Whistlepig
November 22nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
I know this is old news, but I never took it seriously before.

If everything in their video is true, HOLY DAYM!!! I'm never eating KFC again.

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/

Not that I'm some kind of softy PETA vegetarian or anything, but farmers should at least attempt to reduce the suffering of chickens. This is cruelty for profit, the ultimate evil of greed.

Tarja
November 22nd, 2008, 06:00 PM
I wonder why these idiots target KFC and not McDonalds. Our chicken comes from the EXACT same supplier, yet for reason the chickens are treated better on their way to Macca's than the ones destined for KFC?

You think this only happens with the KFC people? My mum used to work in a chicken factory, where the chickens are given growth hormones, electrocuted and drowned, then packed up and sent to various businesses. These cranks should perhaps target these factories first before they start making ******** accusations against KFC.

I would not take anything PETA claims seriously. They are a bunch of crazy loons.

Whistlepig
November 22nd, 2008, 08:09 PM
I wonder why these idiots target KFC and not McDonalds. Our chicken comes from the EXACT same supplier, yet for reason the chickens are treated better on their way to Macca's than the ones destined for KFC?

You think this only happens with the KFC people? My mum used to work in a chicken factory, where the chickens are given growth hormones, electrocuted and drowned, then packed up and sent to various businesses. These cranks should perhaps target these factories first before they start making ******** accusations against KFC.

I would not take anything PETA claims seriously. They are a bunch of crazy loons.

I figured that, but it doesn't make KFC any less evil. I guess I'm not eating anything now unless I research where it comes from. I always knew food animals were commonly abused, but it kind of stayed in the back of my mind and I was apathetic about it. No more.

I'd convert vegetarian, but the ones I know are skinny. And they're pansies.

EVERYBODY: IF YOU EAT CHICKENS YOU ARE EVIL :afro:

Dela Cruz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
I wonder why these idiots target KFC and not McDonalds.

Uhh...

http://www.goveg.com/corp_mccruelty.asp

The rationale for PETA targeting KFC rather than the chicken factory where your mom works is simple: KFC is responsible for the death and abuse chickens on a vastly larger scale than some individual factory; it's clearly more sensible and efficient to target the companies which are the most major meat consumers.

These cranks should perhaps target these factories first before they start making ******** accusations against KFC.

And your reasoning for this is...? Seriously, at least try to cloak your incredibly weak argument with something resembling logic and/or facts. Don't just randomly call people "loons" "cranks" and accusations "********".

Tarja
November 23rd, 2008, 02:23 AM
Uhh...

http://www.goveg.com/corp_mccruelty.asp

Mmm, didn't know that site existed. I have just never heard of PETA publicly condemning McDonalds though, just KFC. Perhaps KFC 'abuses' it's chickens on a greater scale.

And your reasoning for this is...? Seriously, at least try to cloak your incredibly weak argument with something resembling logic and/or facts. Don't just randomly call people "loons" "cranks" and accusations "********".

How can I take PETA seriously when they believe that it is cruel to bees to eat honey, cruel to milk a cow, and they throw red paint over people who choose to wear fur? That is assault, yet I have never heard of charges being filed against these PETA people or their supporters. They are entitled to their beliefs, but they do not have the right to insult others for the choices they make. There is a right way to get the message across, and PETA are not doing that correctly, IMO.

Aspoestertjie
November 23rd, 2008, 02:44 AM
EVERYBODY: IF YOU EAT CHICKENS YOU ARE EVIL :afro:

And I like being evil. :evil:

Seriously, to tell a South African to stop eating meat is like telling an Eskimo to stop eating fish.

You just can't.

I don't eat a lot of KFC, but when I do I at least want to enjoy it. I many times wonder how many of these PETA people are actually vegetarians. It will be interesting to see that.

Dela Cruz
November 23rd, 2008, 05:57 AM
How can I take PETA seriously when they believe that it is cruel to bees to eat honey, cruel to milk a cow, and they throw red paint over people who choose to wear fur? That is assault, yet I have never heard of charges being filed against these PETA people or their supporters.

You can take them seriously despite that sillyness because it only forms a small part of their general message and goal.

They are entitled to their beliefs, but they do not have the right to insult others for the choices they make.

Um..

These cranks should perhaps target these factories first before they start making ******** accusations against KFC.

Is there any particular reason why you are allowed to "insult others for the choices they make" but PETA is not?

Whistlepig
November 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
And I like being evil. :evil:

Seriously, to tell a South African to stop eating meat is like telling an Eskimo to stop eating fish.

You just can't.

I don't eat a lot of KFC, but when I do I at least want to enjoy it. I many times wonder how many of these PETA people are actually vegetarians. It will be interesting to see that.

An expected reply to which no remedy exists but death.

How can I take PETA seriously when they believe that it is cruel to bees to eat honey, cruel to milk a cow, and they throw red paint over people who choose to wear fur? That is assault, yet I have never heard of charges being filed against these PETA people or their supporters. They are entitled to their beliefs, but they do not have the right to insult others for the choices they make. There is a right way to get the message across, and PETA are not doing that correctly, IMO.

It is assault as defined by the law, but the law is far from a philosophical ideal. Law is a necessary evil that sometimes infringes on the lives of those who do not need it. If all humans were inherently good, law would be unnecessary.

One might argue that throwing a chicken into boiling water is assualt. If I was a chicken, I would consider it so. This is the stance that PETA has taken, empathy. If chickens were intelligent enough, I'm sure they would go farther than to just throw paint on idiots.

Dr Gonzo
November 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Tarja, I take it you work for KFC in some capacity?

Tarja
November 23rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Tarja, I take it you work for KFC in some capacity?

No, I work at Macca's, but I do like KFC - more than I do McDonalds.