PDA

View Full Version : Home Schooling

Meng Bomin
November 1st, 2004, 07:47 AM
I am on the fence on this issue. I think that home schooling can be great in some instances but a complete failure in others. What are your opinions on this matter? Does anyone have first-hand experience home schooling or dealing with home schooled children?

Fyshhed
November 1st, 2004, 09:07 AM
I am on the fence on this issue. I think that home schooling can be great in some instances but a complete failure in others. What are your opinions on this matter? Does anyone have first-hand experience home schooling or dealing with home schooled children?
No experience, but I might suggest you get yourself some parents/tutor(s) who are capable of understanding the material that you need, capable of teaching it, credited to get you the resume to get into college, and able to successfully train you to be ready for college in your particular field (or at least direct transition to the workplace for non-college students.)

mog
November 1st, 2004, 09:54 AM
Even the Royals don't home school anymore - it deprives a child of a 'normal' societal upbringing. I doubt things like joining a sport club can even come close to making up for 13 years or so of lost interaction.

Although having said that, I saw the other day Prince Harry got in a biff outside a nightclub. Obviously he must have picked up that kind of behaviour off those Eton College riff raff.

KneeLess
November 1st, 2004, 12:22 PM
Unless the schools system that you want the child to goto is so horribly inable to teach a child anything, the child should be sent to school, either public or private. And like what Fyshhed said, the parents or tutors really need to be well versed in all matters mathematical and scientifical (because english and history are just so easy...). :)

Inquisitor
November 2nd, 2004, 05:56 AM
I have looked into current school system and it horrifies me. I am afraid that home schooling is the only option.

To send a child to school where teachers are homosexuals, where snitching is encouraged, where there is no trace of decency is to turn a child into morally deformed individual.

The most important factor hgowever is that a school is a tool for conditioning. It supresses individuality and freedom of thought. What schools teach about history is nothing but lies.

So in short, despite all it's disadvantages, home schooling looks like the only option for me. It's expensive ( I would have to hire tutors for some subjects), yet my child's soul worth it.

P.S. If you don't care about soul, there is nothing wrong with schools.

Zhavric
November 2nd, 2004, 06:30 AM
To send a child to school where teachers are homosexuals,

So much for privacy. In Inqy's world, every teacher has to disclose everything that he or she does outside the classroom. After all, every person who interacts with a child should be a saint.

Please.

where snitching is encouraged, where there is no trace of decency is to turn a child into morally deformed individual.

"Snitching"? Please.

In Inqy's world, kids are lookouts for one another when they're up to no good. Rather than being decent and telling the truth, they're encouraged to lie to their peers, parents, and teachers to cover for the wrongdoing of others. This mockery of human interaction is what Inqy apparently considers "integrity".

The most important factor hgowever is that a school is a tool for conditioning. It supresses individuality and freedom of thought. What schools teach about history is nothing but lies.

Kinda like churches. They condition / supress individuality / freedom of thought. Also, Churches have been conditioning / surpressing for a LOT longer and are much better at it. No need for all that fancy thinking...

So in short, despite all it's disadvantages, home schooling looks like the only option for me. It's expensive ( I would have to hire tutors for some subjects), yet my child's soul worth it.

More illogical drivel.

Vorketh
November 2nd, 2004, 09:32 AM
I have looked into current school system and it horrifies me. I am afraid that home schooling is the only option.

To send a child to school where teachers are homosexuals, where snitching is encouraged, where there is no trace of decency is to turn a child into morally deformed individual.

I guess Venus has pretty bad public schools huh - must be because your offensive, ignorantly stated arguments are the cause for all the toxicity over there. I mean, I guess if on your planet they order textbooks from Earth, they really wouldn't be all that valid over there. Can I ask you a question? How do you get access to Earth's internet if you're not here?

Please, Inqy, if someone asks a serious question, don't give them crap for an answer. It seems to me like you've been conditioned to think the insanities you do - you prove this daily by showing your ignorance on many topics, such as science, religion, history, and social issues. I strongly believe ODN is not for you.

AuspiciousFist
November 2nd, 2004, 01:52 PM
The most important factor hgowever is that a school is a tool for conditioning. It supresses individuality and freedom of thought. What schools teach about history is nothing but lies

interacting with other kids and talking to them tends to open their minds to different ideas, plus, teachers don't dare say anything about politics or religion, if they want to keep their job.

"what schools teach about history is nothing but lies"? Give me a break.

I suppose you know what really happend...

The most important factor hgowever is that a school is a tool for conditioning.

that seems like exactly what you want for your kid, only you'll be doing it personally.

Inquisitor
November 3rd, 2004, 01:25 AM
So much for privacy. In Inqy's world, every teacher has to disclose everything that he or she does outside the classroom. After all, every person who interacts with a child should be a saint.

He shouldn't be a saint, neither should he be a pervert.

In Inqy's world, kids are lookouts for one another when they're up to no good. Rather than being decent and telling the truth, they're encouraged to lie to their peers, parents, and teachers to cover for the wrongdoing of others. This mockery of human interaction is what Inqy apparently considers "integrity".

real life example. My friends son got in fight with some other kids in school. After that he was subjected to endless lectures about how wrong and violent he was to stand up for himself. They ( teachers, principal) suggested that he should have run and complained.
This in my books called snitching.

Kinda like churches. They condition / supress individuality / freedom of thought. Also, Churches have been conditioning / surpressing for a LOT longer and are much better at it. No need for all that fancy thinking...

Judging by people posting here, churches failed compared to schools and media.

that seems like exactly what you want for your kid, only you'll be doing it personally.

Exactly. There are things like: conditioning my child, having sex with my wife and spending my money that I prefer to do myself. If you want to delegate these things, it's up to you.

Vorketh
November 3rd, 2004, 04:06 AM
Judging by people posting here, churches failed compared to schools and media.

Because church has failed to support itself factually, and we people who are capable of free and individual thought have seen through the programming nature of religion. So yes, maybe you're right, but not with the tone you have.

I am talking about such things as worshiping of jews camouflaged as study of holocaust.

PLEASE! Have you been in an American school? No? Then don't complain to me about them. In all my public schooling education, the holocaust took up maybe two weeks out of the 13 years in public school. If you call that worship, you are a greater idiot than I could ever have imagined you. Go worship your hatred as you already do. Go harbor your insane beliefs. Go feel like you should be the savior to the world by opening our eyes to your "truth". While you're out doing things, remember that Jesus never drove a car, I'm sure he'd be so upset about all the polution and death they cause, so maybe you should go stand in front of traffic and hold up a sign telling the people this until you get hit. What? Am I offending you? No more than your ignorance and falsehoods have insulted the intelligence of the rest of us by having you in our presence.

Exactly. There are things like: conditioning my child, having sex with my wife and spending my money that I prefer to do myself. If you want to delegate these things, it's up to you.
As a last cut, I pity your wife and your child for having a demonic, hating, ignorant, religious zealot for a father - may they be spared your insanity.