PDA

View Full Version : Quick Reply

ladyphoenix
June 1st, 2009, 09:31 AM
All,

I've reenabled the quick reply feature on the forums. Please let me know if any of you experience double-posting (the posting of the same thing two times in a row). I haven't experienced it in my several tests.

I'd also like to caution you against making numerous replies in a row. If you intend to reply to more than one post in a row, please use the multi-quote feature to make your replies one single post, or go back and edit your post if you need to post again within a 24 hour period in the same thread. The auto-merge double-post feature is still currently disabled.

Thanks!
LP

Apokalupsis
June 1st, 2009, 09:34 AM
Just experienced it. Had to delete one of them.

ladyphoenix
June 1st, 2009, 09:51 AM
Hahahahaha, ok. Back to the drawing board!!

Turning it back off. :) Thanks!!

Dionysus
June 1st, 2009, 01:01 PM
Don't know if this helps you at all LP, but here's what Kier over at vBulletin says about this problem (or one like it at least):
This happens when the browser does not receive confirmation of post success before the javascript timeout states that an error has occurred.

There is really nothing that can be done to fix this problem, but it can be worked around to some degree.

I have changed the default timeout to 29.5 seconds (just a fraction shorter than the standard PHP timeout) and made all the AJAX calls reference a single vB_Default_Timeout variable, which is set up in vbulletin_global.js.

This means that if people want to override the default 29.5 seconds to suit their own server, they can do so by adding a new line of Javascript in their headinclude template to redefine the value of vB_Default_Timeout.