PDA

View Full Version : Me: Firefly

Firefly
June 30th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Hi everybody,

I think you've figured out that I like Firefly. Die hard browncoat is what I am. The reason is, well, I believe in the messages it conveys and the story coincidentally applies to my life.
It'll probably show through my posts. If you don't know about it, go watch it.

[Okay, that will be the only time I'll purposely promote it. Forgive me. ]

And I also apologize in advance for firefly expressions like shiny. I'll try to refrain from swearing in chinese though.:afro:

Looking forward to being a part of this community (and hoping you guys don't mind a flan)
Toodles

GoldPhoenix
June 30th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Joss Whedon is God. I used to think he was the only one, true Prophet, but I now see the inescapable truth of his deity nature.

Welcome aboard.

Aspoestertjie
July 1st, 2009, 08:18 AM
I like fireflies too, but those that really is flying around in a garden. :)

Somehow I get the feeling you are talking about something totally different.

Forgive me. Women like me, living in Africa, don't have TVs.

Just Me
July 1st, 2009, 11:12 AM
Welcome to ODN.. Hope you enjoy it here as much as 99.9% of us do :)

Just a lil warning.. There's some here who you will learn to over look.. I'm sure it will not take you long to figure those members out ;):

But the majority of us here are really good members.

Again, hope you enjoy :)

Swindall
July 1st, 2009, 12:53 PM
Welcome to ODN.

Squatch347
July 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Welcome to ODN

ladyphoenix
July 3rd, 2009, 05:15 AM
Forgive me. Women like me, living in Africa, don't have TVs.And yet amazingly, you have computers. Strange world, eh?

Welcome, Firefly. Loved the show myself. Was very upset that it didn't go longer. :)

Aspoestertjie
July 3rd, 2009, 08:49 AM
And yet amazingly, you have computers. Strange world, eh?

Yes, it works with parafien. :)

Comtesse
July 3rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Lol, wonder where MT is with his WELCOME TO THE THUNDER DOME thing...

Erutangis
September 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Die hard browncoat is what I am. The reason is, well, I believe in the messages it conveys and the story coincidentally applies to my life.

I would be interested in knowing what these messages are, and how exactly you find them applicable to you.

(When I think of what lessons I learned from Firefly, "The Bible is fuzzy on the subject of kneecaps" comes to mind. :grin:)

Talthas
September 6th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Glad to have you aboard. Haven't watched the series myself but I've heard glowing reviews about both it and Serenity. I'm going to have to check it out one of these days.

bradfeaker
September 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Welcome Firefly - I am new around here too...it is a good place! And Firefly rocks (and Serenity). Have fun - I am ;-):