PDA

View Full Version : US men want foreign wives

Spartacus
January 24th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Throughout US history American men have looked beyond the US borders for wives.

Whether it was mail-order brides on the frontier, War Brides from Europe and Asia or todays' American men going to Eastern Europe, Asia and elsewhere. American men have a history of going offshore when looking for a bride.

Why do you think this is?

What does this say about American women...and men?

Please let's not delve into better lifestyles, green cards etc., Yes some foreign women are just looking for an easy ticket to the US -- but American men (thanks to Hollywood) have long been considered a "good catch" as a husband by millions of foreign women for many decades -- even when immigration was a lot easier. In your response, please focus on non-material reasons.

I will start things off by saying that I have decided my next wife will probably not be an American woman. Additionally I have a good friend who regularly visits Asia and the Pacific Islands meeting prospective brides he has found on-line. He is no loser either. He is an attorney who once made a good living as a "Topless Waiter" at bachlorette parties and night clubs catering to heterosexual women. He has American women all over him -- but when it comes to marriage material -- heand I both of us with a failed marriage under our belts, are both convinced our next wives will be from another country other than the US.

We just prefer the classic woman with classic feminin ways. American women we find are in general: spoiled, demanding, unappreciative and do not know how men want to be treated -- but are very keen on letting men know how they want to be treated.

Ok I opened a pandora's box here...

I wam very interested in reading what American men and women think of this...I would also like to learn from non-Americans if this phenomenon exists in your country. DO men in your country regularly go outside their borders to find a wife? Not sex tours mind you -- but a wife.

Fyshhed
January 24th, 2005, 09:12 AM
There are still unraveling consequences to the womens' rights movements. It's been forever the case that men had your mentality: essentially wanting to "wear the pants" in a relationship, and women only recently have won their own pants. It's been about a century, perhaps a little less, since this has begun happening, and it certainly is still happening. With the social equivocation of men and women, there is a very delicate balance to be made between these two very different genders, and the conflicts of ambition, establishment, and opinion that they have.

Trying to get a foreign woman seems to me like trying to go the "easy way out" of regressing to an older mentality. Of course it might be justified if your previous wife was more ambitious than yourself or harbored conflicting opinions. You also might just not be compatible with people of similar mentality as yourself. I think I would prefer an American woman as my wife, but I certainly recognize that it's a lot of hard work trying to build a strong and lasting relationship with such a volatile and unpredictable being. ;)

Zhavric
January 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Everyone wants to feel special and important. What better way to do that than to marry a women who's never been to America and "show her around"? While the man's intentions may be 100% altruistic, there is still a touch of "without me, you'd be completely lost here". A non-American wife is...

1) More likely to be happy with less. From what I can tell, the American modow of "more, more, more!" is unique to America. After living in a hovel, a two or three bedroom house in the suburbs with an SUV in the driveway... well, that may be more wealth than an entire vilage (depending on where one comes from).

2) Less likely to cheat. With a shaky handle on the language, the perception is that the woman needs the man to be involved in more of her affairs and therefor has less opportunity to sleep around.

3) More loyal. American women know how to contact lawyers are not intimidated by the American legal system as a forighner might be.

These are all, obviously, stereotypes and I am positive there are exceptions.

A note on Russian mail order brides: most of them are considered "strange". I had a friend at OSU who was an international studies major. She visited Siberia and toured around Russia during a summer break. We will call her "Laura". Laura was about 22 at the time. Physically I would describe her as slightly overweight... Fat may have been accurate, but only in the sense of someone who had just entered the realm of obesity and was only a few pounds away from being "average". Anyway, Laura was considered a freak in Siberia. She was a freak because she was over the age of 19 and not married. Apparently, in that area of the world, if you're not married by 19, there's something very wrong with you. Also, they thought of her has being absolutely gravid. Morbidly obese. Kinda makes you wonder about the mail-order brides. Most of them seem older than their teens.

Liemmaster
January 24th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Hah, well I may be a little young to offer my opinions but I will do so anyways :). I consider myself vietnamese full and full, however if you want to get technical, I'm mostly vietnamese with some chinese and french mixed in (maybe that's why I'm so radical). That being said, my parents, while they haven't disspersuaded me from dating "American", have said that I once I get out of college and all that I should go home to Vietnam to find a wife. The rational I"m assuming, is that because Vietnamese women, having been born and raised in a harsh environment aka Communism are more traditional and as my mom puts it "not as frivilous" which I take to mean that vietnamese women aren't concerned with going shopping and what not. [Switching to battle form "Hopeless Romantic" Naivety is engaged and ready to go! Switch from "Cynical Hypocrite" to "Hopeless Romantic" complete.] All of that being said, as long as I have a loving relationship with my spouse, I don't care where she's from.

Spartacus
January 24th, 2005, 09:24 AM
A note on Russian mail order brides: most of them are considered "strange". I had a friend at OSU who was an international studies major. She visited Siberia and toured around Russia during a summer break. We will call her "Laura". Laura was about 22 at the time. Physically I would describe her as slightly overweight... Fat may have been accurate, but only in the sense of someone who had just entered the realm of obesity and was only a few pounds away from being "average". Anyway, Laura was considered a freak in Siberia. She was a freak because she was over the age of 19 and not married. Apparently, in that area of the world, if you're not married by 19, there's something very wrong with you. Also, they thought of her has being absolutely gravid. Morbidly obese. Kinda makes you wonder about the mail-order brides. Most of them seem older than their teens.

I have the pleasure of having met and known several Russian women here in the US:

1.) RUssian women divorce.
2.) Most here in the US have university degrees, are very smart
3.) ALcoholism is an extrememly bad problem among Russian men.

Many of the Russian women under the age of 40 who want to marry an American are divorced, have a college degree and one or two children. Yes they want a better life -- who doesn't -- but many want a man who will treat them well. Their odds of finding such a man are better with American men than it is with RUssian men.

ALso -- Russian food is very lean. Their diet has very little fat -- and they do not have the overabndance like we do here in the US. An overweight woman under the age of 50 is very hard to find in Russia -- and often has a medical reason why she is.

Spartacus
January 24th, 2005, 09:31 AM
All of that being said, as long as I have a loving relationship with my spouse, I don't care where she's from.

Yeah I used to think that too.

Take it from someone who has been there -- Love is not enough for a marriage. I'm with your parents on this one frankly. After college take a few months off and go find a bride in Viet Nam. Long term I think you will be happier. Your mother is very wise and I agree with her assessment of American women.

Most American women have no idea what sacrifice, suffering and dedication truly are.

Liemmaster
January 24th, 2005, 09:35 AM

Take it from someone who has been there -- Love is not enough for a marriage. I'm with your parents on this one frankly. After college take a few months off and go find a bride in Viet Nam. Long term I think you will be happier. Your mother is very wise and I agree with her assessment of American women.

Most American women have no idea what sacrifice, suffering and dedication truly are.

Doh, score one for the Cynical Hypocrite :\. I guess being happy now and then facing later hardships isn't worth it then?

Zhavric
January 24th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I have the pleasure of having met and known several Russian women here in the US:

1.) RUssian women divorce.
2.) Most here in the US have university degrees, are very smart
3.) ALcoholism is an extrememly bad problem among Russian men.

Many of the Russian women under the age of 40 who want to marry an American are divorced, have a college degree and one or two children. Yes they want a better life -- who doesn't -- but many want a man who will treat them well. Their odds of finding such a man are better with American men than it is with RUssian men.

ALso -- Russian food is very lean. Their diet has very little fat -- and they do not have the overabndance like we do here in the US. An overweight woman under the age of 50 is very hard to find in Russia -- and often has a medical reason why she is.

Emphasis mine. I think we're on the same page. Laura hung out with a crowd mostly her own age (22) or slightly younger.

Spartacus
January 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Everyone wants to feel special and important. What better way to do that than to marry a women who's never been to America and "show her around"? While the man's intentions may be 100% altruistic, there is still a touch of "without me, you'd be completely lost here". A non-American wife is...

1) More likely to be happy with less. From what I can tell, the American modow of "more, more, more!" is unique to America. After living in a hovel, a two or three bedroom house in the suburbs with an SUV in the driveway... well, that may be more wealth than an entire vilage (depending on where one comes from).

2) Less likely to cheat. With a shaky handle on the language, the perception is that the woman needs the man to be involved in more of her affairs and therefor has less opportunity to sleep around.

3) More loyal. American women know how to contact lawyers are not intimidated by the American legal system as a forighner might be.

These are all, obviously, stereotypes and I am positive there are exceptions.

Yes they are horrible stereotypes. No American man should consider marrying a foreign Bride unless there is a pre-nuptual agreement entered into here in the US. I also would not recommend it to a man who might want children unless he has strong connections and speaks the lnaguage of the country his bride is from-- what happens if after 9 years and 3 children your foreign bride wants to go home and take the children with?

For American men 35 and older willing to marry a woman with one or two children -- there are many foreign women who would be very happy to explore a possible marriage. And one does not even need to travel outside the US to find one. Oh and when you find a foreign woman here -- they are anything but the shy, waifs your stereotypes depict.

It takes a lot of guts, smarts and determinitaion to leave your home country and start fresh here in the US. As these wopmen exemplify though -- just because a woman is tough, smart and determined -- doe not mean she has to take on the personna of many American women. Many of these foreign women know how to mainatin their feminity and still get what they want from men -- without being friviolous, *****y or slutty -- just charming.

Spartacus
January 24th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Doh, score one for the Cynical Hypocrite :\. I guess being happy now and then facing later hardships isn't worth it then?

Don't get me wrong -- American women are a lot of fun. In general they are pretty loose, You never know what they want, what they are thinking or if they are telling you the whole story. :red:

DO not confuse long term compatability with imfatuation and lust.

American women though I think do not have a lot of common sense.

An American single mom is much more likely to invite a romantic interest into her home, meet the children and have sex and sleep with him in her home -- than most foreign women. What American women do I think is just ridiculous and causes great harm to the children

Zhavric
January 24th, 2005, 09:46 AM
You started by talking about mail order brides from Russia or war brides from asia or Europe back from WWII... women who had never left their country or who had not been exposed to that much of America. But now...

Oh and when you find a foreign woman here -- they are anything but the shy, waifs your stereotypes depict.

If you find a foreign woman here, chances are she's not so foreign :P

Spartacus
January 24th, 2005, 09:54 AM
If you find a foreign woman here, chances are she's not so foreign :P

Oh on the contrary....

Language, cultural, social and politic issues still come into play. I think you are operating on the assumption that all foreign women who marry an American want to be US citizens. Many do not. Many of these foreign women are still very patriotic and proud of their heritage and native countries.

You know there are a lot of American men who have retired to Mexico and other Latin American countries with their wives who came from those countries. In fact if you want to retire in Latin America that is probably the best way to do it.

An American who marries a Mexican has the rights of citizenship in Mexico and can own property, etc. Living expense are very cheap and one can live very well on very little by US standards.

Zhavric
January 24th, 2005, 09:57 AM
It seemed as though you started your thread by talking about women who hadn't been to America and hadn't been "westernized" or Americanized... but then you jumped to talking about women who had been here, who did know about American culture and laws, etc. Just seemed like you're up to your old tricks. Love ya, man. |)|

Spartacus
January 24th, 2005, 10:35 AM
It seemed as though you started your thread by talking about women who hadn't been to America and hadn't been "westernized" or Americanized... but then you jumped to talking about women who had been here, who did know about American culture and laws, etc. Just seemed like you're up to your old tricks. Love ya, man. |)|

Well...the title is American men want foreign wives.

A woman who is in the US on a Visa is by definition a foreign woman. Whther an American man goes overseas or finds a foreign here does not make a whole lot of difference. The man is still prferring a foreign women to American women.

I think all I have done is blown apart some stereotypes you and others might have as to why foreign women want American husbands. It is cliche and very wrong-headed to think a foreign woman only wants an American husband so she can get a green card and have her application for citizenship expeditied.

There are very serious interpersonal issues in play here. Most foreign women I know who have married American men are quick to point out how American men are so very different (usually in a good way) from the men in their home country.

I find it ironic actually that the feminization of American manhood (men knowing how to cook, clean, take care of children, not making all the major decisions in the family) has led to many American men wanting foreign wives so they can turn back the clock a little -- and the foreign wives loving the fact that their American man is so "different" from men in their home country because they know how to cook, clean, care for children etc..

It is also a wrongheaded stereotype that men who seek out foreign women just can't deal with a strong American woman. Many American men I think find doreign women attractive because they are in fact much stronger than American women. American women when compared to foreign women tend to come off as spoiled, frivilous and pushy.

chadn737
January 24th, 2005, 11:55 PM
So Spart, should we consider your theme song to be American Woman?

Heres an interesting article Im sure you will connect with:
(My apologies to the American Women at ODN)

http://niceguy.dearingfilm.com/MarryAmerican.php

American Women and Marriage: a Sacred Vow. (Why I Will NEVER Marry an American Woman.)

The idea of marrying an American woman literally terrifies me.

Can I not handle having sex with one person for the rest of my life? Am I incapable of settling-down? Am I afraid of commitment? Well, no... not exactly. It's because marrying an American woman is most likely prepping your marriage for failure.

It's a sad fact that in America, more than 60% of marriages end in divorce. Even more sad is that roughly 75% of divorces are initiated by the woman over the man's objections (the remaining 25% are either mutually-agreed divorces or divorces initiated by the husband over the woman's objections; those two categories are about half and half within that remaining 25%). These are all conservative numbers, by the way; they've been rounded-down for the sake of simplicity. So, if 60% of marriages end in divorce, and 75% of those are initiated by the woman, we can do the math to combine these percentages: (.75(.6)) x 100 = 45.

There is at least a 45% chance that whenever a man gets married to an American woman, the woman will want to divorce him at some point. You have better chances at surviving Russian roulette!

Furthermore, a man is nine times more likely to commit suicide in the two years following a divorce than the average male. Russian roulette, indeed. American females literally become man-destroyers.

The biggest disincentive for marriage lies within the women themselves. The numbers reveal that they are family-wreckers. Marrying an American woman is a risky activity for us guys. What do American women want more: a husband or a house full of fancy appliances? They often act as if they think their appliances are worth more than the useless human lumps they're currently saddled with.

Think about it: there is a more than two in five chance that an American woman is incapable of mustering the love and commitment needed to make a marriage work! The numbers show they make lousy wives and they don't even think their marriage vows mean very much. Why marry one? Honestly now- why the flaming hell should you even consider marrying one?! Would you ever stick your hand in a garbage disposal if there's a more than two-in-five chance that someone will suddenly hit the 'on' switch?? It's putting your face in the fire! It's asking for trouble, plain and simple. Marrying an American chick is probably one of the worst things you could ever do with your life. Just do a simple cost/benefit analysis; that's what the numbers show!

Women often plan their divorces in advance; the husband always seems to be the last to know and many men say they are stunned when the bomb suddenly drops. Many had no idea the marriage was even in trouble... Naturally, the assumption for everyone is that men must be boneheads to not pick-up on the subtle cues that their marriage is in trouble. But is it really because men are insensitive, unfeeling idiots or is it because women are simply quite good at being secretive in their machinations? Despite the fact that women claim it is men who can't communicate, many women deliberately lie to their husbands about the state of their marriage until the last minute.

In a reply to a readers' response way back in the past, I once described getting the girl in the end not as a victory, but as a booby-prize or a defeat wrapped inside a victory. Well, here is one of the grandest ironies of the American female: if you are the type of man who can put-up with her bull**** and win her in the end (and fall in love with her and marry her) then there's a very good chance that she will want to cut the marriage short(!)

I can only conclude that marrying an American woman is nothing more than poisoned candy! She will only be with you as long as she can get pleasure or utility out of you. And whenever it strikes her fancy, she will drop-kick you to the curb after she's done. And even then, some of these divorcees will smugly sneer that it is men who 'can't commit'.

Perhaps the reason why they claim men can't commit is because women find it pretty darn easy to get-out of commitments in the way that somebody might change a pair of socks? But nay, nay- it must be the man who is at fault. If she divorces her husband, then it was because the man was the problem and certainly not the person who actually contacted her lawyer to request divorce papers.

It's Sacred Vow Time...

Today, I am formally declaring a sacred vow. I might've hinted this in the past, and I don't think I've ever actually formally said it until now... but here goes. Let it be heard now and forever: I will never allow any American woman to ever marry me!

That's right. Here and now, I'm officially writing-off the entire American female populace as being a group which is unfit for the commitment of marriage. Chances are, they just aren't capable of holding a marriage together. Chances are, they are inept when it comes to fulfilling their marriage vows. Odds are, they lack the basic human skill of recognizing their partner's unfulfilled needs. They are, in short, unsalvageable human beings. Yes, I've suggested something along those lines many times before, but I'd always left-open the possibility that maybe by some miracle there might be some American woman out there who doesn't suck. (And yes, there indeed might be one or two American women out there who don't suck.) But those statistics... and they're from rounded-down numbers! *Shiver.* I'd much rather pursue a lower-risk woman. A woman who actually takes marriage seriously. It's just too risky a proposition.

American females just do not offer satisfactory or stable relationships!!

It's a shame, because I know I'd make a great husband one day. I want a successful marriage, and there is a more than sixty-percent chance that the act of marrying an American woman will guarantee my marriage will not be successful... and furthermore, there will be a more than two-in-five chance that no matter how committed I am to the relationship, the woman will still try to bail-out on me at some point. Between her career aspirations, her need for independence and the fact that the average female American likes to regard males as uselessly redundant anyway- there is simply no room for a stable marriage within that kind of conflicted psyche.

Yes, some countries have even higher divorce rates than those in the U.S. Some countries in the former Soviet Union have divorce rates in the high 60th percentiles... most of those countries, however, have experienced extreme levels of economic strife, social dislocation, political turmoil and heightened levels of crime. Naturally, there are many reasons to explain why families are under stress in places like the Ukraine and Belarus. But America is a society with a relatively functioning economy where public services aren't breaking-down left and right and where lawlessness isn't rampant... In short, women in the U.S. have no extreme circumstances that would put their families under such a huge amount of stress. So why are American women breaking-up their families in such numbers?

I'm certain there are perfectly legitimate reasons for a woman to want to leave her husband... but is the man always necessarily the problem? I don't think anyone can ever get an honest answer as to why women divorce- women don't know how they reach their own conclusions half the time! But you can be sure that whatever her reasons, she will justify her divorce with X number of accusations; she will always have an excuse handy. She's feeling trapped in an unhappy relationship perhaps, or not enough of her needs were being met by her husband, or her husband spends too much time at work...
Or sometimes women marry because they just want to have kids. Once the kids are raised, the man is of no further use and can be safely discarded. He's extraneous, as far as she's concerned.

And you'll notice: whenever a divorced woman talks about her ex-husband, it's always unequivocally his fault that she decided to terminate the relationship. Her overweening belief in her own righteousness will start to bleed-through quite clearly. She will be able to gab on and on about whose fault it was (and it's never her). This all goes back to the whole issue of females despising accountability. Women would rather believe the flimsiest of manufactured excuses than even think that they might have had some responsibility for their divorces.

Think about it: even if the woman planned the divorce, initiated it and carried it out, never does any responsibility for planning, initiating or carrying-out the decision ever fall on her shoulders. Or in some cases, she might make-up complete fabrications about the man abusing her and the kids; I know for a fact that some of the more crooked divorce lawyers secretly encourage their clients to do this. The man must always be the evildoer, and she the victim who needs help and sympathy. Not once will she admit things like: 'I found another man I liked more' or 'I was bored with the relationship.' Nay, it must be her no-good ex-husband's fault. That's how she terminates the marriage with a squeaky-clean conscience. They can not pity their ex-husbands; indeed their ex-husbands must always be the most horrible pigs on the planet. We don't want these poor women feeling guilty, do we?

To make matters worse, the legal system gives the woman a financial incentive when she divorces. There are a huge number of greedy, opportunistic lawyers in America who earn their daily bread by stripping ex-husbands of their wealth. After your divorce, a huge hunk of your property and future earnings is basically considered up for grabs. And don't ever get behind in your monthly payments: over the last few years the federal government has been relentlessly chasing 'deadbeat dads' with a vengeance. Within marriage and outside of marriage, men are just walking wallets.

And worst of all, many men find that after divorce they will lose contact with their children while still being obliged to support their ex-wives financially. About 85% of the children of divorce end-up in the custody of their mothers... and the few children in the custody of their fathers only became so after the father had spent thousands of dollars on legal fees trying to prove why they should be given custody. (In Journal of Marriage and the Family, J. A. Seltzer published a 1991 study called "Relationships between Fathers and Children Who Live Apart" which found that a third of children had seen their non-resident parent at most once in the previous year.) Doesn't this arrangement count as a type of involuntary servitude? Having a percentage of your income stripped-away from you to subsidize somebody else sounds a lot like a form of forced financial bondage, doesn't it? (And perhaps this is a question for law students, but doesn't the 13th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution say: "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except for punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States..."? So, is being an ex-husband supposed to be a crime now?)

So, to sum-up: by marrying an American woman, there will be a more than 45% chance that, against your will, your marriage will end and you will lose contact with your kids... on top of it, you will be hounded by lawyers and required to support your (former) family financially. You've gotta be an idiot to take that kind of risk!!

If love is blind, the American marriage has lost all five senses

As for you American guys: if you're a guy who gets personal satisfaction from making your woman happy, you've probably noticed that American women aren't happy for long, no matter what you do for them. (Have you ever been accused by your girlfriend of not showing enough affection when you've actually been exhausting yourself in a vain attempt to please her?) They'll always have another unquenched demand lying around. They always want you to buy them another useless and expensive gift... and they end-up dumping you because of what you can't give them.
But naturally, you want the best girl you can get because you know you're a great person and you really have a sincere desire to to build a lasting and true relationship. If an American girl ever rejects you, be grateful she did it before you were married. Hell, she'd rather be with Mr. Asshole anyway. I say: if that's what she wants, let her be with Mr. Asshole!

It's not a big secret that women have a huge amount of ability to command extralegal power and entitlements in the United States. In fact, it is women who set the general rules and conditions of the system of dating, mating and marriage that you must follow (their sex cartel, for starters). One of the things that women need to perpetuate this arrangement is a hardworking yet quiescent and disposable population of males to follow their self-serving rules. So, why be quiescent?

Divorce law is a system which is ruthless beyond the capacity of any single individual's resistance; it is a mean system designed to chew you-up and spit you out for the woman's exclusive benefit. You can't out-mean their system, don't even try. But you can out-think it, and there is safety in numbers. One of the things that you can do to make life uncomfortable for predatory women is not be quiescent before marriage. There are lots of ways of doing that; even just asking pointed questions to the woman you're dating can have an effect.

But my main point is, one way to not be quiescent is to think about some numbers: American women represent 5% of the global population of women. Chances are, they're at the bottom 5% in terms of quality because they're probably sexist, self-centered and demanding as hell... and they will divorce you at least 45% of the time you marry them, guaranteed. With odds like that, you can't go wrong by looking abroad! Are you lowering your standards or selling-out? Absolutely not! By looking abroad, you're merely widening your search for the finest woman you can possibly find. It allows you to make better decisions.

Or, if you're a real gambler and you're willing to risk marrying an American chick, at the very least insist on a prenuptial agreement and talk to a lawyer about what other divorce laws you should be aware of, for Gods' sake. If your fiancée refuses to sign a prenup like mine did, then you'll get an idea of why she's marrying you.

You have the ability to say 'no' to the folderol that female Americans have set-up for you to swallow. And believe me, it is true folderol. You should always question their bull**** and refuse to accept their bull****. And you can take comfort in the fact that you can just say 'no' and just walk away. Whatever an American woman might claim about herself, remember: she is probably unfit to be your wife.

Withnail
January 25th, 2005, 11:17 AM
I would have to say I'm for American made. They might not last as long, and can be high maintenence, but why should we import from other countries when we don't have too? I admit, some foreign models are sleek and sexy. And the faster the better, it's hard not to find that attractive.
I also like the size of the American models. We are a big country, and this is mirrored by larger sizes available here. Why get some tiny little expesive thing when you can get a big comfortable ride? These are great for children too, more kids=more size. These CAN be cash guzzlers, but I always choose comfort over economy.
There is ONE great thing about buying foriegn, and thats their second hand value. You can usually get one used pretty cheaply. Even if its been around the block a few times they can be in decent shape. Parts can be a problem however, if something gets out of whack.
When making the decision, one invariably has to consider how long a life you expect to get from your investment. It's usually impossible to keep the same one for longer than 10 years, unless it's a classic. And then, you are probably a collector anyway.
I still say BUY AMERICAN. And I plan to, one day. Untill then I'll continue to use public transportation and ride by bicycle.

KevinBrowning
January 25th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I notice no American women (or any women) have responded yet. I get the feeling they will not appreciate that article, whether it is true or not.

Spartacus
January 25th, 2005, 03:48 PM
So Spart, should we consider your theme song to be American Woman?

The Gues Who tune "American Woman" rings so true...

American WOman
Listen what I say
American Woman
I said get away....

Liemmaster
January 25th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I would have to say I'm for American made. They might not last as long, and can be high maintenence, but why should we import from other countries when we don't have too? I admit, some foreign models are sleek and sexy. And the faster the better, it's hard not to find that attractive.
I also like the size of the American models. We are a big country, and this is mirrored by larger sizes available here. Why get some tiny little expesive thing when you can get a big comfortable ride? These are great for children too, more kids=more size. These CAN be cash guzzlers, but I always choose comfort over economy.
There is ONE great thing about buying foriegn, and thats their second hand value. You can usually get one used pretty cheaply. Even if its been around the block a few times they can be in decent shape. Parts can be a problem however, if something gets out of whack.
When making the decision, one invariably has to consider how long a life you expect to get from your investment. It's usually impossible to keep the same one for longer than 10 years, unless it's a classic. And then, you are probably a collector anyway.
I still say BUY AMERICAN. And I plan to, one day. Untill then I'll continue to use public transportation and ride by bicycle.

Props to Withnail for somehow transgressing from Women to Cars and yet still maintaining some kind of sense in a dark perverted way.

FruitandNut
January 25th, 2005, 06:12 PM
I find this topic quite amusing and am reminded of a tale told to me by an old timer I once worked with. He was a pilot in the RAF and flew Mosquitoes twin engined fighter-bomber (the wooden wonder that could take either 4x 20mm. cannon plus 4x .303 machineguns in the nose, or 4-6,000 pounds of bombs in a bombay as far as the Ruhr or Berlin [about the same as a four engined 10-15 crewed B17]). His speciality was target marking using an unarmed version that could outfly virtually anything else. He said guns just got you into trouble - speed got you out of it.

He commented how while lots of 'Yanks' were scr*wing around with British women over here (while their menfolk were off fighting Jerry), he was training over in Canada and having 3 and 7 day passes to go into the States with some of his buddies and kind of even things up. He said as soon as the American chicks saw his pilot's wings 'their apparel seemed to gravitate the floor'. He rated the American girls very highly as they seemed so 'understanding' of a young pilot's needs!

Fyshhed
January 25th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I find this topic quite amusing and am reminded of a tale told to me by an old timer I once worked with. He was a pilot in the RAF and flew Mosquitoes twin engined fighter-bomber (the wooden wonder that could take either 4x 20mm. cannon plus 4x .303 machineguns in the nose, or 4-6,000 pounds of bombs in a bombay as far as the Ruhr or Berlin [about the same as a four engined 10-15 crewed B17]). His speciality was target marking using an unarmed version that could outfly virtually anything else. He said guns just got you into trouble - speed got you out of it.

He commented how while lots of 'Yanks' were scr*wing around with British women over here (while their menfolk were off fighting Jerry), he was training over in Canada and having 3 and 7 day passes to go into the States with some of his buddies and kind of even things up. He said as soon as the American chicks saw his pilot's wings 'their apparel seemed to gravitate the floor'. He rated the American girls very highly as they seemed so 'understanding' of a young pilot's needs!
It was his accent.

Spartacus
January 26th, 2005, 02:04 AM

Oh and American chicks just go crazy over foreign accents -- whether they be British French or whatever...

Funny thing is I had some buddies do a temporary duty as observers on some Astralian maneuvers in Australia. They said the women there just went ape-like crazy for yanks no matter how handsome or ugly they were. The frequent comment was that Aussie men were just drunken brutes compared to the yanks who treated the ladies -- like ladies.

Anyway -- My point was not about the sexual attraction of foreign nationals -- but the phenomoan of looking for a foreign person as a spouse. IS this uniquely American? Quite frankly it is and has been -- not that uncommon here in the States for more than 100 years.

HappyLady
January 26th, 2005, 06:16 AM

I'm going to respond before I read other posts. I don't know that I will help American women out here, but I can understand why American men look elsewhere. When I first got together with my fiance, I was using his computer one day and noticed he had some links to "Russian Brides" and that kind of thing. We were only "dating" and I asked him if he was looking for a Russian wife and he said that he had actually been communicating with one woman. She was beautiful, prettier than me, in my opinion and she wanted a ticket over here in the worst way. She would have been loyal, too.

I asked him what the allure was and he said, "Russian women are more appreciative of what a man can provide for them than an American woman is. American women are selfish." Of course, his marriage to a woman who had a corporate career that led to a lot of travelling that led to a two year affair was coming to an end. But honestly, I agree. Thankfully, I explained to him that I understood that and that, while I'm an intelligent and independent woman, my values are traditional. I believe it is a woman's duty, not to a man, but to her children, to allow men to lead the family. I don't believe that an "equal relationship" is the most successful and I prefer to be a little submissive and let the man call the shots.

To me, being a good wife and mother are the most important endeavors in my life. And everyone here knows I'm not stupid. Yes, I want a career. I want to be successful and maybe even a little famous. But if I wanted that right now, I shouldn't have opted for a family first. I recognize that I can't have them both at the same time. When a woman takes on being a wife and mother, I think she needs to accept that she needs to let someone else have some control of her so that she can do what needs to be done to fulfill her obligations that she CHOSE.

Of course, I'm not saying men should just be controlling jerks either. I think in a marital relationship the man should be 51 to 60% in control and the woman should get about 40 to 49%. Any more than that, and you've got too much in the extremes. If you think about it, big corporations don't function with TWO presidents. There is a president and a vice president and that is exactly how I think a family should work, too. The president gets the final say, but he certainly respects and needs the input of the vice president to do his job well.

American woman think any kind of submission is beneath them. Or even why they consider it "submission." I look at it like I bequeath the privelege to my husband because I trust that he won't make choices that will hurt me. I trust that he can handle some aspects of the family so that I can devote my time and energy to other equally important endeavors. I don't really understand where women came up with the idea that being a mother means you don't have to make sacrifices in more selfish endeavors. It is what defines a mother. Before you are a mother or wife, you are president of your own domain. But when you get married, you buy into a bigger corporation and if you want to run the Child Development Center, you can't be the President, too. I think if American women want to be the president of the family, then they shouldn't have one. Being president means you compromise parenthood to a certain degree because you HAVE to be the financial contributor.

There is no way to be a financial contributor without compromising the time and energy you give to your kids because you HAVE to go outside the family unit to get the money. When a person makes the choice to go outside the family, then the family isn't getting it's needs met. I think it is the primary problem with America today. Women want it ALL. But what they don't realize is if they try to have it all, they have compromised all of their priorities and end up having very little. Foreign women believe that having what is considered a little to American women IS having it all. I tend to agree with them.

HappyLady
January 26th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Oh, and don't get me wrong. I don't think we should revert to Leave It to Beaver. I don't think June should just be content to sit at home baking cookies and making quilts while Ward gets to go out on the golf course and to the bar with his buddies all the time with no questions asked.

I think it is a partnered effort to make certain EACH member of the family...husband, wife, and children...are having their needs met. If the wife is feeling isolated or like she is being taken advantage of, the husband needs to make her problems a priority on the list so that his little "company" continues to run smoothly. And vice versa. If his wife isn't happy, and if his kids aren't happy, then he isn't a very good president and the vice president has every right to kick his ass out of office for a new and better one. The president also reserves the right to fire his vice president's butt, too.

But we don't enter into wars willy nilly, nor should we enter into divorces that way either. But I think there would be a lot less divorce if power was delegated in more productive ways. ;-)

Meng Bomin
January 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I can't say much to the attitudes in this thread, though I can see where there would be differences in the attidudes of foreigners and domestic women (just as there most likely are for men).

However, I do disagree with the article that chad posted, mainly because it overgeneralizes. First, it seems to assume that when a woman cuts off a marriage, it is for almost no reason at all. This was clearly not the case in my parents' divorce. My father had started his own business and thus was away for quite some time. This was not the problem. The problem is that he was irresponsible with his business: he would do work for clients and then forget to send bills. He also tried to make his business grow to quickly and he did not properly deal with employees that were not getting their jobs done. On top of that, he had begun a habit of playing a MMORPG that probably was interfering with work. On top of that, he is not a very good parent. When my brothers and I go to his apartment, he spends most of his time playing World of Warcraft and gives little attention to us. So, the statistics don't tell much about the reasons for divorce.

Snoop
January 26th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Might as well chime in - I wouldn't care where my wife was from. Assuming we could communicate our love, why would it matter? Maybe an ego thing for some. I would consider marrying an alien if I knew that one existed. All wives are foreign anyway.

Spartacus
January 29th, 2005, 01:07 AM
But we don't enter into wars willy nilly, nor should we enter into divorces that way either. But I think there would be a lot less divorce if power was delegated in more productive ways. ;-)
I think a marriage should an even exchange. In a traditional marriage with the man working and the woman taking care of the kids and the home -- roles need to be defined based on the partners' individual strengths.

If the woman is better with the money she should be in charge even if the man brings home the check. However large decisions need to be made together. I do not think it is an issue of submissiveness so much as true partnering and respecting each other.

The thing is in many foreign cultures the man is the boss and there are no questions as to who is in charge. When women from these cultures come to know an American man -- even one wh might be considered a little dominat in our society -- they feel like they found a Prince Charming.

An interesting note: For US men who live in the North, looking for a wife from South America or Asia can be a bit tricky -- what if the woman just can not take the bitter cold winters. Some people just can not stand it. Looking for a wife from Russia...well you know she can handle the cold.

FruitandNut
January 29th, 2005, 01:20 AM
It was his accent.

As both you and Spart intimate, women (and guys) get allured by anything different, its often mistaken for 'exotic'.

'The grass is greener .... '

ps. On seeing his pilot's wings they assumed he was a Battle of Britain hero (the 'smell' of a blooded hero is a real turn on for a lot of chicks).
He did not enlighten them and tell them that the nearest that he got to the aerial battlefieds of the South of England was Lincolnshire. He did once spot a V1 flying bomb while further north and immediately dived under the bed he was on!

HL - I have seen 'Baywatch' and think you American chicks are cute with great assets.

KevinBrowning
January 29th, 2005, 09:23 AM
HL - I have seen 'Baywatch' and think you American chicks are cute with great assets.

Haha, unfortunately not all of the women here look like Pamela Anderson, or any of the others on that show, if one has problems with her for looking too fake.

Spartacus
January 29th, 2005, 12:19 PM
'The grass is greener .... '

Here is a non-pornographic site that is worth checking out to get a better picture on this phenomenon.

I found the part where they list Russian women fiond the least interesting as far as meeting men.

Looks like they wants yanks, cannucks and men from Western Europe only.

www.chanceforlove.com

Sounds like it would be a very interesting vacation for a single man. Corresposnd with some interesting women for a few months then travel to Russia, spend a week meeting these women, have an apartment, car and driver, and translator -- all for $200-300 day plus airfare. Kazan Russia looks absolutely gorgeous -- untouched by the ravages of WWII.

FruitandNut
January 29th, 2005, 12:41 PM
There are many Eastern European (and other) women who wish to have a meal ticket to the West, particularly places like the US, Canada, Australia and the UK. We even get regular offers on our local newspaper's 'Lonely Hearts' page.

Spartacus
January 29th, 2005, 12:48 PM
There are many Eastern European (and other) women who wish to have a meal ticket to the West, particularly places like the US, Canada, Australia and the UK. We even get regular offers on our local newspaper's 'Lonely Hearts' page.

Yep, got to watch out for those...I don't think one can fault a woman for wanting to improve her life though...so long as she is honest. The US is cracking down on such mail order brides, doing background checks to see if they are really single, etc.

Persoanlly I think if anyone were serious about such an arrangement, before marrying her, bring her to your country and offer her $1,000 and tell her she can do whatever she wants. If she still stays with you great. If she takes the money and goes -- well then you got off cheap.

Pibs
April 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Just skimmed through this after seeing the 'similar threads' thing - firstly I have to agree with the long article posted - works the same with most British women too but not quite so bad.

Me, I married a foriegner. A cute little thing from SE Asia.

Truly feminine, truly sexy, funsomes, actually has an opinion and the ability to express it. Quite awesome after most Western women and their devotion to soap operas and male hating.

By the way she's a university lecturer, speaks 3 languages including English that's better than my own and she's 2 years younger than me, so shove any stereotypes where they belong.

Was she after a ticket to the UK? Nope, asked me to move to Borneo with her, which I did, gladly. I'd follow her to virtually anywhere - except America.

P.

Slipnish
April 18th, 2006, 06:41 PM
If my current relationship were to go bottoms up, I'd either move to Asia and find some little rural farm girl with traditional values, or move to Utah and join some male dominated cult...

To hell with social convention and being in a 50-50 sharing relationship...

Next time I'm gonna do it my way, and if it doesn't work out, then I'll know it really is my fault and not just something I am always told.

Like the other day, "Honey, remember when you started the Black Death in midieval Europe?"

Sheesh!

sylouette
April 18th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Me, I married a foriegner. A cute little thing from SE Asia.

Well they do say love is blind. :P But yeah, I'd say 'cute' is probably the appropriate word to use.

Truly feminine, truly sexy, funsomes, actually has an opinion and the ability to express it. Quite awesome after most Western women and their devotion to soap operas and male hating.

What......you've had like probably ONE western woman to compare her to??? :wtf: Your consistent generalization amongst women makes me want to http://www.smnnews.com/board/images/smilies/puke.gif

Noooo, of all the millions of American women......NONE of us are sexy, fun, truly feminine, or have an opinion and the ability to express it. :insane: OH! And, of course, we alllllll are man haters.

Pfft. Please.

By the way she's a university lecturer, speaks 3 languages including English that's better than my own and she's 2 years younger than me, so shove any stereotypes where they belong.

OH BOY! The cream of the crop!!!

Was she after a ticket to the UK? Nope, asked me to move to Borneo with her, which I did, gladly. I'd follow her to virtually anywhere - except America.

American men usually like foreign women because they 'abide by the man rules' moreso than American women do. They aren't ones to complain about having to run after their man and pick up after them all the time.

I think that the only reason a man would move to the foreign country instead of visa versa would be that it's much less expensive and if the woman is established with an education and a half decent job, it allows the man to stay home while his wife does all the work outside AND inside the home.

http://www.ethanwiner.com/Smiley%20Land/Acc04.gif

Pibs
April 18th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Don't go for the farm girls, or the city slickers, aim for a small town with a tourist industry of sorts and check out the girls working in that industry. They'll speak much better English (farm girls may not speak any) fewer religious hangups and won't be over-awed simply cos you're white.

Wifey keeps me on a firm leash when visiting 'kampung' (villages) as even the girl's parents seems to consider me "interesting".

"Would you like to meet my daugher?"
"Sure"
"We'll arrange for her to fly back from Miri.."
"er.. she's not here?"
"Very soon, couple of days, no more, very nice girl.."

and beware of the description "good worker" - means she's built like an outhouse and can out-plow the local wildebeast...

P.

sylouette
April 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Don't go for the farm girls, or the city slickers, aim for a small town with a tourist industry of sorts and check out the girls working in that industry. They'll speak much better English (farm girls may not speak any) fewer religious hangups and won't be over-awed simply cos you're white.

Oh, okay.....so now you're not only a activist for women hating......but an activist for woman hunting too. :hmm: :tup:

Wifey keeps me on a firm leash when visiting 'kampung' (villages) as even the girl's parents seems to consider me "interesting".

I would say 'interesting' isn't the word.....

"Egotistical" isn't quite the word but it comes to mind

see also ARROGANT

see also POMPOUS

see also WINDBAG

Mr. Hyde
April 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM
In short, give it up already, I'm married :P

P.

And she's involved. ;)

I don't see a difference in Domestic or Foreign women. Women are women. Some are cool. Some suck. Some need a tree to fall on them and give them VD. Same with guys. Some are cool. Some suck. Some need a tree to fall on them and give them VD.

Pibs
April 18th, 2006, 09:25 PM
1. you don't catch VD from trees. Seriously, whoever told you that was kidding.

2. You haven't travelled much.

P.

Purelyironic
April 18th, 2006, 11:19 PM
I am only 19, but as of yet, i have only found 1 American girl I would ever even consider marrying.

The few foreign woman from Venezuala and other south american countries that I have met thus far, i have found to be extreamly attractive.

My wife hunt will begin at around age 24-26. That is, after i have graduated with a 4 year degree and settled in a job. After reading that article and relating it to my personal experiences with American girls I may just look abroad.

GoldPhoenix
April 19th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Throughout US history American men have looked beyond the US borders for wives.

Whether it was mail-order brides on the frontier, War Brides from Europe and Asia or todays' American men going to Eastern Europe, Asia and elsewhere. American men have a history of going offshore when looking for a bride.

Please let's not delve into better lifestyles, green cards etc., Yes some foreign women are just looking for an easy ticket to the US -- but American men (thanks to Hollywood) have long been considered a "good catch" as a husband by millions of foreign women for many decades -- even when immigration was a lot easier. In your response, please focus on non-material reasons.

I will start things off by saying that I have decided my next wife will probably not be an American woman. Additionally I have a good friend who regularly visits Asia and the Pacific Islands meeting prospective brides he has found on-line. He is no loser either. He is an attorney who once made a good living as a "Topless Waiter" at bachlorette parties and night clubs catering to heterosexual women. He has American women all over him -- but when it comes to marriage material -- heand I both of us with a failed marriage under our belts, are both convinced our next wives will be from another country other than the US.

We just prefer the classic woman with classic feminin ways. American women we find are in general: spoiled, demanding, unappreciative and do not know how men want to be treated -- but are very keen on letting men know how they want to be treated.

Ok I opened a pandora's box here...

I wam very interested in reading what American men and women think of this...I would also like to learn from non-Americans if this phenomenon exists in your country. DO men in your country regularly go outside their borders to find a wife? Not sex tours mind you -- but a wife.

You made a hasty generalization that all American women are like that. I do not think that they all are.

As for what do I think about foreign women? I think some can be secretly attractive and quite sudductive in their own exotic ways.

For instance, I was very attracted to a Filipino girl at my school once. She was very pretty.

None-the-less, I do not feel I could have an actual relationship with them. I prefer women who are confident in themselves. I think a feminist would make a far better wife than a southern girl any day. I want to be with this person because they are who they are, not because they will attend to my every need or because they will have sex with me whenever I want it. Although, men do need sex a bit moe than women do (Atleast, that's the way the media displays the facts).

southernbelle
April 19th, 2006, 02:11 PM
okay, I agree with Syl....Being married to the military, you see ALOT of American men married to foreign women. One neighbor we had was married to a nice, Korean woman..we told him that our daughter was our little souvenir from Korea (where she was conceived) and he said his wife was his. I thought it was cute. I think this goes hand in hand with the chivalry thread. American woman are very independant, head strong and most are materialistically driven. While foreign women, mostly Asian..are humble, helpful, have TONS of respect for their husbands, are happy with anything you give them, and perfectly happy to be stay at home wife's and mothers.

Snoop
April 19th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Here's an article about foreign sexual habits for slightly older people (40 to 80). Austria seems the happiest - vunderbah! and Japan seems the unhappiest - sayonara!:

Sexual Equality May Bring Better Sex
04.19.06, 12:00 AM ET

WEDNESDAY, April 19 (HealthDay News) -- Equality between men and women may boost sex lives, U.S. researchers report.
A team at the University of Chicago surveyed about 27,500 people, ages 40 to 80, in 29 countries.
The study found that couples who live in Western countries and who have gender equality were most likely to report being satisfied with their sex lives. In contrast, people in countries where men have a dominant status over women -- such as East Asia and the Middle East -- reported less satisfaction with the physical and emotional quality of their sex lives.
Sexual satisfaction was highest in four countries -- Austria, the United States, Spain, and Canada -- and lowest in Japan and Taiwan. Countries such as Turkey, Egypt and Algeria ranked in the middle.
The findings from the "Global Study of Sexual Attitudes and Behaviors" appear in the April issue of the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior.
"Male-centered cultures where sexual behavior is more oriented toward procreation tend to discount the importance of sexual pleasure for women," lead author Edward Laumann, the George Herbert Meade Distinguished Service Professor in Sociology at the University of Chicago, said in a prepared statement.
But in relationships based on equality, couples are more likely to have sexual habits that meet both partners' needs, he noted.
The study findings include:

In Western nations, two-thirds of men and women reported satisfaction with their sexual relationships and 80 percent said they were satisfied with their ability to have sex. About half of men and one third of women said sex was extremely or very important in their lives.
In East Asian countries, about one quarter of men and women said they were satisfied with their sex lives, while two-thirds of the men and half of the women reported satisfaction with their ability to have sex. Twenty-eight percent of men and 12 percent of women said sex was important to them.
In the Middle East, 50 percent of men and 38 percent of women said they had satisfying sex lives and about 70 percent said they were satisfied with their ability to have sex. Sixty percent of men and 37 percent of women said sex was important to them.More information
The U.S. National Institute on Aging has more about sexuality in later life (http://www.niapublications.org/agepages/sexuality.asp).

http://www.forbes.com/forbeslife/health/feeds/hscout/2006/04/19/hscout532203.html

Personally, if you ask me, all wives are foreign.

tinkerbell
April 19th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I am American & I think I am as classic and as feminine as they come...Well I don't act all silly around bugs, but I know how to care for my husband, and I understand the importance of making him look good. In turn he does the same for me. I do not want or desire to be independent..I want to depend on my husband and I want him to know he can depend on me.
Mail order is mail order.It's usually overstock or second rate.I've never been someone that could buy clothing or shoes without trying them on first..I have a quirky figure that goes right along with my quirky outlook. When I FINALLY buy anything, I love it and wear it until it is thread bare, then it becomes PJ's for another 5 years at least..I'm just loyal like that, If I love something, I dont let it go. Now seeing how I go about purchasing trivial nonsense such as clothing and shoes, think about how seriously I took picking a mate. I would much rather be single than be with someone that I settled for or settled for me. Or even worse, out of convenience or loneliness ..
People picking someone to love from a picture want nothing more than the Kodak picture of happiness..That's just not love.Love is hard and dirty..Sure if you are amazingly lucky or blessed such a marriage may grow into the real thing, but it is a HUGE gamble with the soul..Not to mention IMO men looking for the foreign bride "dream" are not really lookin for that soul searching, get down and dirty love. They are looking for easy, for a second mother to take care of them and follow them like an imp strokin their broken and insecure ego 24 hours a day. Hey, if that is what they want..PULEASSSE take those poor Russian & Asian women, save the REAL men with the ability to provide real companionship for the ladies that need real love and connections from their mate. Anywho I like the idea of mail order,it weeds out the losers, emotionally flawed & the abusive...These are usually the same type of men that also collect assault weapons :)

Snoop
April 19th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Anywho I like the idea of mail order,it usually weeds out the losers, emotionally flawed and or worse the abusers.I got my wife through the internet - match.com (don't ask) - seriously, it can work. If you are both lousy spellers, fart alot, smoke, etc., then you're a perfect match.

tinkerbell
April 19th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Internet dating is not the same as checking out young girls in 3rd world countries to bring over and marry.

GoldPhoenix
April 19th, 2006, 02:59 PM
To each his own, Snoop.

I (mostly) concur with tinkerbell.

tinkerbell
April 19th, 2006, 03:34 PM

Take it from someone who has been there -- Love is not enough for a marriage.

Yes,you are right..It takes tons of work and patience..If you don't have the power to make that happen in 1 marriage, why do you think you will have the ability to provide that in a second...Oh yes, because you are looking for someone that is weak and will worship you...

The same can be said for most American men as well...Americans in general are selfish, that is why you and men like you think mail order will be easier and make you so happy.

sylouette
April 19th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Sexual satisfaction was highest in four countries -- Austria, the United States, Spain, and Canada

YAH BABY!!! I have four sisters and a couple French Canadian girlfriends and each and every one of us rank sex high as a priority in a relationship and want the best of it that we can get and give. There's very little we won't do to satisfy our partner's sexual desires and seem to require more satisfaction ourselves than a lot of other American born women I know. In other words, it's never enough. It must just be in our blood. :devil: :boogie:

As far as mail-order brides. I agree with sTINKer.....weed out those men that
need women that allow them to be in control. :tup:

FruitandNut
April 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
I like having someone I can have a reasonable conversation and debate with between rounds of sex. Give me an educated reasonably opinionated gal anytime.

GoldPhoenix
April 21st, 2006, 05:37 AM
Hahaha... Very nice, Fruit.

disinterested
April 21st, 2006, 05:47 AM
If I were an American man I'd want a foreign wife who could speak and spell English correctly. I mean, unraveling....it's unravelLing with a double "l".

ZracEcarZ
May 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM
It seems a large part of the "problem", is that american women are not given clearly defined roles as opposed to foreign women. what women here are told and shown as what they should strive for, isn't nec consistent with what men actually want, or worse not entirely self-consistent.
The "fact" that I should like a woman with qualities, X, Y, and Z, while appealing to my reason, or politically correct sense of fairness, doesn't nec make it so. So women who are told, XYZ, these are important, and then realize they are not really what a man wants, are justifiably a little upset, and a little confused

If You want ice cream and I bring you liver, are you going to eat the liver and like it? What if we both agree you should want liver and it is "better" for you??? Or will you just find someone who'll give you ice cream?????

Pibs
May 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Give me an educated reasonably opinionated gal anytime.

I've got one but I'm hanging onto her :)

Race car blokey, nice first post. I think it applies just as much to men, who are told we must be this way, that way and a touch of some other way but then find what actually melts a woman's heart is just being masculine as normal.

P.

sylouette
May 28th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I've got one but I'm hanging onto her :)

Oh goody.

*one down*

Race car blokey, nice first post. I think it applies just as much to men, who are told we must be this way, that way and a touch of some other way but then find what actually melts a woman's heart is just being masculine as normal.

I think what melts a woman's heart is a man that just tries to be himself. :tup:

Turtleflipper
May 28th, 2006, 08:09 PM
And I think what melts a women's heart is prolonged expousre to lethal doises of radiation.

:) What a wacky, mixed up world we live in.

robertus
October 19th, 2006, 01:50 PM
oh heil that to serve us spartacus or heil that alexander. Not all the us men wants foreign wifes but the mom is just saying yes to people. this addiction of us men to foreign wifes is current ratio of how could a person be left behind in a sense of casuality management. what are they good at? none that all this matter and to be cruel, but to be most attractive to us men and women. there are stability there foreign wifes. don't you agree? robertus