PDA

View Full Version : First Official Poetry Contest!

Iluvatar
February 6th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Yes, the day you've all been waiting for, the first official poetry contest! It shall be run as follows:

1)Submission:
-I will create a thread for submitting poems, don't do it here.
-Anyone at all is welcome to submit poems. You don't have to have been active in the writing club.
-You may submit up to 2 poems
-Any length (within reason, no 15 page poems please)
-Any poem may be submitted. You can submit poems that you've already posted here, or new ones.
-Feel free to comment on your submissions, but be warned, your poems will have to stand on their own, and when they are reposted in the voting thread, they will not have that commentary.
-Submission is from today until Thursday night.

2)Top 5:
-A top 5 will be chosen by a panel of 3 judges (see #3).
-We will then vote in a poll from the top 5 for the winner.
-Note, the judges do NOT pick the final winner, that's for the general public to decide. :D

3)Judges:
-A panel of 3 judges will be chosen. 1 will be myself, the other two will be chosen at random from the people who have been active in this forum so far.
-We will discuss the top 5 via PM, the final decision being mine.

I will post any information on the contest in this thread, including the selection of the judges.

FruitandNut
February 6th, 2005, 03:46 PM
And the closing date and time?

Iluvatar
February 6th, 2005, 04:17 PM
I'm debating those. It's open as of now, I guess I'll close it on thursday night. I'll add that to the main post.

Iluvatar
February 7th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Ok, the potential judges, based on participation in the writing club are...
Fyshed
Fruit and Nut
SnoopCitySid

I'll pick two by coin-flip, and Pm the judges in a bit (should they choose to accept the honor).

Snoop
February 7th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Ok, the potential judges, based on participation in the writing club are...
Fyshed
Fruit and Nut
SnoopCitySid

I'll pick two by coin-flip, and Pm the judges in a bit (should they choose to accept the honor).
There are two poems posted on the wrong thread (in Announcements) you might want to move them. Thanks for including me in the coin flip /\

Iluvatar
February 7th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the tip, I moved one, and the other was reposted by it's owner.

Iluvatar
February 8th, 2005, 02:19 AM
And the two Judges were coin flipped as Fyshed and Fruit&Nut.