PDA

View Full Version : Insert Title

Iluvatar
February 7th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Well, I saw Fysh's submission to the poetry contest, and I was reminded of this old poem. I wrote this in grade school, and used it every time I needed a poem for an assignment. Fun stuff. :D

Insert Title

I am writing a poem,
On tuesday it is due,
This poem will be exquisite,
(Itís topic? Iíve no clue).

Iím drawing a mental blank,
(Itís rather hard to draw),
A perfect mix of black and black,
An endless gaping maw.

I send a query for a word,
My brain gives no reply,
Inspiration's far away,
But find it, I must try.

Like an explorer in this void,
I search through my brain,
Searching for a lonely light,
Through the mist and rain.

I cannot write a word,
though writting is quite vital,
all I haveís a name,
Iíll call it {Insert Title}

Snoop
February 7th, 2005, 04:27 PM
This explains you progression through life. A grade schooler with that talent just had to become a writer.

Iluvatar
February 7th, 2005, 04:33 PM
:)

So...when was I a writer?

Fyshhed
February 7th, 2005, 06:03 PM
I wish I still had the poem in this situation, but in 11th grade I decided to elevate myself from English to English Honors (F&N eat your heart out!). But, to do this I had to really impress the teacher with my first few assignments. Incidentally one of them was a poem that was intented to gauge the class's poetic talents. I wrote an extensive, page long one in I believe iambic heptameter in ABAB BCBC CDCD ABBA BCCB and so on for a whole page on how pathetic and miserable that class was and why I should get to be in honors. The next class I found myself in ended with (H) ;)

Snoop
February 7th, 2005, 06:06 PM
:)

So...when was I a writer?

Good question. I would say from somewhere near that point on .....

Iluvatar
February 8th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Man, I got into honors easily. All you have to do is show up after school, write an essay, and your in. As long as you wrote anything at all decent, they would accept you. Your might have been a slightly more exclusive Honors Class. :)