PDA

View Full Version : A Royal Euthanasia!

FruitandNut
April 10th, 2005, 01:35 AM
While Harold Shipman earned a stay in a British mental institution for the criminally insane, King George V's doctor earned a peerage and the gratitude of The (London) Times!

http://www.david-boyle.co.uk/shipman.htm

Is there such a thing as justice or equality in this world?

Snoop
April 10th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Is there such a thing as justice or equality in this world?

Let me try and tackle this enormous question - but first I have to ask "is beauty in the eyes of the beholder?" If you answered yes, then you may have a clue to the answers you seek.

Equality is an oxymorin in this sense. No two people have the same sensory perception.

Justice is sometimes percieved and sometimes forced. That doesn't make the justice any more palatable. We (as a society) are governed by the government. When they make decisions regarding equality, those decisions are not always promoting equality (consider affirmative action).

As far as euthanasia - each case is unique. I remember Dr. Kervorkian, the "Angel of Death" and the furor he instigated. It's mostly illegal - I think.

FruitandNut
April 10th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Quite, Snoopy you old coon hound, justice and equality are perceptual, and human perception is limited and often flawed. You are barking up the right tree, unlike many of your four-footed cousins!