PDA

View Full Version : Tarintino!

DeviantNorm
April 29th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I love Tarintino films...

It started with Dusk Til Dawn....then I saw Pulp Fiction, the Kill Bill movies and Hero...

Somethine about the interchanging cowboy and asian themes, mingled with Disco beats and 50's paraphinalia...gotta love it.

What say you?

mrs_innocent
April 29th, 2005, 08:00 PM
...resisting the urge to correct spelling...

/resistance

TarAntino ;)

And don't forget Reservoir Dogs...

Apokalupsis
April 29th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Res Dogs was the first Tarantino flick I saw. He also directed a skit in Four Rooms (the last one in the movie, which happens to also be the best).

Mr. Hyde
April 29th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Resevoir Dogs was the BEST!! And what about Jackie Brown? Also, From Dusk till Dawn was a Robert Rodriguez movie, not a Tarantino flick. And I think Tarantino also wrote the story for Natural Born Killers. :cool:

mrs_innocent
April 29th, 2005, 08:26 PM
And I think Tarantino also wrote the story for Natural Born Killers.

Yep, he did.

Slipnish
April 30th, 2005, 12:16 AM
I ahve never seen Resevoir Dogs, though I understand it was a good movie. Kill Bill was.....great if you are 13 and a Ninja in training I guess, but I found the lack of character development and plot a bit hard to hold onto for an hour and a half.

The whole vengeance thing could have been done in 15 minutes if he could have found a way to shoot out the 929343848743847438043 gallons of blood in the movie in one fell swoop.

Natuaral born Killers has its own appeal, and for the record From Dusk til Dawn was at least entertaining...

Kill Bill was a reason to take a nap...

Pibs
April 30th, 2005, 01:57 AM
I've only seen the 2nd 'Kill Bill', if the first were as boring as that I don't think I'll bother.

The industry likes to hype up the odd individual, in the same way that 'stars' put bums on seats so can 'star producers' and 'star writers' but muchly it's hype. Reservoir Dogs was cool but that's about it.

P.

DeviantNorm
April 30th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks for correcting my spelling...I need to be taught ;)

I didn't know he didn't direct Dusk Til Dawn...I assumed. Good to know.

And the Kill Bill movies were awesome! I'm not a 13 year old ninja freak, either :D I don't know why I liked it so much....it was just different.

Pulp Fiction is by far the best.

Apokalupsis
April 30th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Also, From Dusk till Dawn was a Robert Rodriguez movie, not a Tarantino flick. And I think Tarantino also wrote the story for Natural Born Killers. :cool:
They co-directed it. Tarantino directed the first half, Rodriguez the 2nd half.

Apokalupsis
April 30th, 2005, 08:28 AM
I've only seen the 2nd 'Kill Bill', if the first were as boring as that I don't think I'll bother.
The 2nd KB was not as good as the 1st. For some reason, they were quite different. I'd see the 1st again (actually, I've seen it twice)...not so sure about the 2nd.

Apokalupsis
April 30th, 2005, 08:28 AM
I didn't know he didn't direct Dusk Til Dawn...I assumed. Good to know.
He did. It was co-directed.

Supaiku
April 30th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Anyone know how much input he had in Sin City? Guest Director and all.

Mr. Hyde
April 30th, 2005, 08:16 PM
They co-directed it. Tarantino directed the first half, Rodriguez the 2nd half.
That probably explains why I only liked the last half hour of it. That movie sucked.

Fyshhed
April 30th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Tarantino was paid $1 to direct a scene for Sin City as well.

<3 his movies.

Andacanavar
May 1st, 2005, 04:36 AM
I liked the second half of Kill Bill, but it's not as good as the 1st.

The House of Blue Leaves owns the entire movie. What a great sequence.

TwentyOne
May 15th, 2005, 06:14 AM
It started with Dusk Til Dawn....then I saw Pulp Fiction, the Kill Bill movies and Hero...
Tarantino didn't direct Hero. It was directed by Yimou Zhang (he directed "House of Flying Daggers" also), and i think Tarantino just kind of found it and presented it in the U.S.

KevinBrowning
May 16th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Of the movies you listed, DN, I have only seen Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Hero, so I cannot contribute much. I also saw Sin City. In general I hate film noir; it is usually pretentious and annoying. Sin City was actually fairly well-made, though. If it had been shorter, it would have been good. I suppose it is about time that I see Pulp Fiction, considering that it is the movie that inevitably gets mentioned in a random movie discussion by people under 35-40 or so. I do not know anything about Dusk Till Dawn.