PDA

View Full Version : The Star Wars Book Series

Harrison383
June 1st, 2005, 10:22 AM
Well, with the absolute ferver of Star Wars Fandom cresting like a wave, I began to wonder about the myriad of books I have read.

So, I think we should have a real discussion over our favorite book/series and why. Figure we could revive this long-forgotten section of ODN.

I'll get the ball rolling.

My favorite series is the Black Fleet Crisis by Michael P. Kube-McDowell. The political intrigue, mysterious events, and driving plotline really hit home with me as not only a good piece of Star Wars lore, but just a good series period.

I really got into the whole plot on the Quella ship. It really had an almost Alien-type feel to it, in the way it kept you wondering what was coming around the next bend; what did all of this mean? I thought it was a great plotline.

Luke searching for his mother was at sometimes very amazing, and at other times seemingly like filler. It got very pulpy near the end, and how you had to settle for simple non-answers to, what i feel, are the biggest questions in the book. It didn't leave you hanging with no plot resolution, but at the same time, didn't really settle anything.

The greater alien invasion was amazingly well done. The entire plot from beginning to end is one amazing work in political intrigue and deception. To put it short, it was incredible.

The only grief I have is with the Luke storyline. I would have liked to have more resolution at the end than what we're stuck with. I understand at the time of these books' writings Lucas was just getting underway to start production on Episode 1. So McDowell wasn't left with alot of artistic license, since we were actually going to get to SEE Luke's mother in the movies.

Do yourself a favor, and if you're a fan of Star Wars, or a fan of intrigue, pick up a copy. Definately try it at the library before you buy it. Some parts may not hit home as much as you'd hope.

4 out of 5.

Tarotbound
June 2nd, 2005, 11:24 PM
There was a series of books by the author named Michael Romkey but i really only enjoyed 2 of the 3 books in the series and i highly recommend.

I Vampire and the Vampire Papers.

The storyline and character development is simply amazing i really wish i could go into it further but if i do i'll start giving parts of these books away :red:

Harrison383
June 9th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Well, that wasn't a star wars book....but it's something to add to this place. So thanks TB. :)

Ever read a star wars book? Come on....you know you wanna be that much of a geek....