PDA

View Full Version : How far is too far with the Paparzzi?

Tarotbound
June 2nd, 2005, 12:08 PM
Many of you may have heard that Lindsy Lohan was in a fender bender with a local Paparzzi when her Mercedies Benz was rammed.

Now to say that this way of getting a picture is extreme is an understatment to say the least.

However when it comes to simple picture taking without any actual "harm" to actors/actresses ect. where does the 1st admement end?

Should they be allowed to camp somebody's house to get pictures?

Should there be a law requiring the Paparzzi to only be a certain openings or functions and allow people to live the rest of their lives in private?

Zhavric
June 2nd, 2005, 12:21 PM
There are already laws governing this.

Remember that some celebrities have their likeness copyrighted. Jesse Ventura comes to mind. In one of his campaigns, an opponent of his ran a political add with a picture of Ventura. Ventura saw the picture and sued his opponent for copyright infringement... and won.

Papparazi are something that stars need. Hollywood is about buzz. It IS a popularity contest. If a star is constantly in the media, then they can demand more money for jobs... where stars who aren't in the media as much often lose their star status.

As far as the Lohan incident is concerned, there are already laws in place. Last I checked, it's illegal to ram into someone else's car.

P.S. Lohan needs to eat a CENSORED cheeseburger. Sweet Baby Hay-soos is she scrawny.

Tarotbound
June 2nd, 2005, 12:23 PM
P.S. Lohan needs to eat a CENSORED cheeseburger. Sweet Baby Hay-soos is she scrawny.[/QUOTE]

ROFL :D

Snoop
June 2nd, 2005, 12:28 PM
Here's a trailer from the movie Paparazzi (a B grade movie, but it had a Baldwin brother in it) that came out last year: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/paparazzi/
If I was a star I would cherish my privacy - is that too much to ask? I guess that's the price you pay to be a star - you have no privacy.

Quack
June 2nd, 2005, 12:33 PM
I'd say following a Princess's car through a Paris tunnel untill it crashed was too far.

Apokalupsis
June 2nd, 2005, 01:56 PM
Mel Gibson recently produced a great movie about this very subject is title...well "Paprazzi (http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=70001228&trkid=181026)". It's available now for rent. It's about paparazzi going to far, hurting a celebrity (and his family in an auto crash), then the celebrity striking back in revenge.

southernbelle
December 20th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Hey, photogs, come with being famous, if ya don't wanna be followed 24 hours a day, don't strive to be famous. This is what they wanted and dreamed about, then they complain. I don't see them complaining about their 20 mil paychecks.

Mr. Hyde
December 20th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Like Zhav said, there ARE laws against it.

If they infringe on privacy, IE, physical or mental solitude (whatever THAT means). They can't publish embarassing or damaging material. And that's just two examples. What about Tabloids though right? No one pays attention to tabloids. And there's a saying among journalists, "Anyone who writes for a tabloid is someone comfortable with 50% truth." :lol:

Diana was an example of going too far, as Quack already said.