PDA

View Full Version : A Mexican Shorty.

Mr. Hyde
October 1st, 2005, 10:29 AM
Danny Farinza is a Chicano of historic proportions. Born in Southern California to two poverty stricken mexicans, Alejandro and Mercedes Farinza, he worked himself black and blue to get a stable living before joining the Army in the late nineties. Ten years and a few scars later, he's in a bar in Mexico with a finger tracing the healed over gash on his face and another wiping the sweat from his pint of stale beer. "La cabeza de cabra" or, "The Goat Head" is a dingy dive twelve miles from anywhere and the moon is standing as high as the mercury on the thermometer. It's summer, and even at night it's sweltering this year.

Danny downs his pint and slides the glass forward.

Danny: "Uno más cerveza por favor."
Barkeep: "Ci. Uno momento."

The senorita on the dance floor strides rythmically with the music. Her movements accent the music which seems to be written just for her. Danny glances to her and his blood shot brown eyes trace the curves of her body. She looks drawn. Royo, Vallejo, not even Michaelangelo could've designed such a body that moved in such a way. His hands fall heavy on another mug as it appears before him. It's supposed to be ale, but it's too dark. Like a lager. Either it's gone bad, or the bartender's an idiot. And neither thought is comforting.

The song is Aduoma by Santana, and as it ends she takes a seat beside him wiping small bits of perspiration from her forehead with a napkin. She glances at our strapping hero and smiles slightly. The scar almost leaps at her and she quickly looks away. "My pop always told me women liked scars. Guess he was wrong there too."

Danny: "Tarde. Soy Danny. Y usted es?"
Senorita: "Me nombre es Michelle."
Danny: "Aquí, permitió que mí comprele un redondo."

Michelle nods and the barkeep delivers another pint of what Danny is assuming is liquid bread and she downs it hard and fast. The innocent beauty of a woman caught in the dance, it all stops when the beer floods her throat in a few gulps. He remembers the night in that forward area where he was caught in the face with a knife by what he thought was a woman asking for help. Already so disillusioned, he gets embarassed that he didn't expect she'd be the same as every other woman he'd ever met. Mexican women. Why should they be any different than American women?

Michelle: "Así que qué sucedió a su cara?"

In plain english Danny replies to her.

Danny: "I trusted the wrong person."
Michelle: "So you are American."
Danny: "What's that supposed to mean?"
Michelle: "It means you're trying to blend in a little too hard. You're stars and stripes are showing."
Danny: "Look, if you want a ticket to freedom, whore yourself to some other idiot."
Michelle: "Excuse me? I wasn't born here, asshole."
Danny: "Joder a mujeres."

MIchelle: "What's your problem? I just asked a question and you think I'm hard up to screw you just to get to America? No thanks, I'd rather pitch hay here than sell oranges there."
Danny: "Yeah, that's why so many of you stream across the border right?"
Michelle: "Were your parents Mexican?"
Danny: "Until they day they died."
Michelle: "Then what do you have against your own people?"
Danny: "What I have against them is that too many aren't respecting enough for the country that they can't bother with immigrating and instead, steal away across the border like they're defecting from East Germany."

Two heavy set men in worn out overalls push open the doors and stroll in. Their eyes run across the bar room until they spot Michelle. WIthout a word. Without warning. They grab her. In slurred words they say she's coming home. She struggles and lets out a small scream. And danny eases out of his jacket. Underneath is a black shirt with a shoulder holster and a knife. His boots and his hair tied back in a pony tail. He looks like a Mexican Mickey Knox. And he gets violent like him too.

Giving them as much warning as they gave her, he walks over calmly and works a thumb into the left man's eye and moves the man to the floor on his knees. The right man lets her go and reaches for something in his pocket. Danny pulls his thumb out and slaps the kneeling man hard in the throat. The other man is drawing his hand out of his pocket when a snake skin boot with a steel toe smashes his testicles into his sternum.

Danny: "Well you sure know how to pick men."
Michelle: "Animal!"
Danny: "****!"
Michelle: "Well!"
Danny: "Well what?"
Michelle: "Well are we gonna leave or what?"
Danny: "I'm leaving. You can do whatever."

His Dodge Charger with custom dirt spotted frame and near bald tires was waiting outside. Both were paid for by wear and tear on backroads and lack of a good car wash. She grabbs his jacket and they hop inside. The ignition turns the engine begins to growl like an angry tyger. His cd player kicks on and it's more Santana. The song is a duet of Santana and POD playing America. His throws it in reverse and stomps on the gas kicking gravel and dirt all over the front door and wall.

He turns the radio down, locks the doors and pulls a cell phone from his pocket. After thumbing through the contact list he calls and a voice over the phone answers.

Voice: "Status?"
Danny: "We'll be there in a half hour. Have the chopper ready."
Voice: "Oh you found her! Great news. We'll see you in a half."

Michelle: "You were sent to get me?"
Danny: "Does it really matter?"
Michelle: "I suppose not."
Danny: "Good. Now just enjoy the ride."
Michelle: "So who sent you?"
Danny: "Your mom and pop."
Michelle: "Oh...I thought they'd given up on me."
Danny: "They probably should, but parent's aren't like that."
Michelle: "Are you ever NOT an asshole?"
Danny: "No."
Michelle: "Figures. Why couldn't they send a gentlman?"
Danny: "Because the gentleman had ruffies in his suitcase. So they sent someone who hates spoiled rich girls."
Michelle: "I'm not spoiled!"
Danny: "You're not very fond of silence either apparently."

Michelle: "Fine then, how am I spoiled?"
Danny: "Your daddy bought your way into Yale and you even acknowledged in your speech when you graduated with honors, Magna Cum Laude or some other BS."
Michelle: "Okay, and?"
Danny: "You have several credit cards and no job to pay them off. Essentially, you have no money but buy whatever you want. Again, daddy's dime pays for you."
Michelle: "I think I get it."
Danny: "You've never worked a day in your life."
Michelle: "I said I get it."
Danny: "Even when you rebelled you paid for all your freedom with daddy's cash on your credit cards."
Michelle: "You can stop now."
Danny: "Or how about the fact that you have a father who can throw millions away on getting you back when he could feed thousands of children around the world who are FAR more deserving of reward and love than you?"
Michelle: "SHUT UP!!"
Danny: "You even pitch a fit like a spoiled little brat."

She gritted her teeth and stared hard at him. Danny wasn't smiling. But he wasn't angry, at least he wasn't showing it. He'd gone from patriotic defender to rescuer, or kidnapper depending on perspective, of rich kids for their rich parents. The helicopter was off the road a few minutes sitting on some patch of dirt in the middle of a sea of more dirt in a barren desert that would look all too beautiful under a few feet of ocean...if only to revitalise it. But Mexico wasn't all bad. Incredibly religious, there were Catholic churches on almost every block, and the people were friendly as they were in most southern cities. It was rural America with a different language and skin color.

As she got out and then stepped into the helicopter, Danny thought, "She really needs an angry pirate."

Snoop
October 1st, 2005, 10:48 AM
Hyde - you are prolific. You display a subtleness through the use of symbolic metaphor. Your venacular is authentic. In other words, can you honor me with a chapter in my screenplay?

Mr. Hyde
October 1st, 2005, 11:54 AM
Hyde - you are prolific. You display a subtleness through the use of symbolic metaphor. Your venacular is authentic. In other words, can you honor me with a chapter in my screenplay?
I was trying to think of something write for it, but I didn't know if you wanted anyone adding to it or just commenting, so I was going to wait and see. But I'll try to come up with something. :)

Just a small note, the idea for the hispanic Danny came from my admiration for Hispanic actor Danny Trejo. The man is unbelievable. From drug addiction and a prison sentence in San Quentin to helping rehabilitate youths and keeping them out of prison to being an actor known for his portrayal or rough neck mexicans. Trejo played Cuccuie in Once Upon a Time in Mexico. And he got his start acting after he recieved a call from a man he was in San Quentin with...who turned out to be a director. If I could meet just one famous person, Trejo would be the one.

sylouette
October 1st, 2005, 04:57 PM
That was really beautifully written......remarkable talent you have, Mr. Hyde!

I applaud you!!!! /\ /\ /\

Mr. Hyde
October 1st, 2005, 05:41 PM
That was really beautifully written......remarkable talent you have, Mr. Hyde!

I applaud you!!!! /\ /\ /\
Thank you. Unfortunately, extending stories is a LOT harder for me. I'm not a structured individual upstairs when it comes to writing, so getting an outline for a novel is hard for me.

sylouette
October 1st, 2005, 05:50 PM
Thank you. Unfortunately, extending stories is a LOT harder for me. I'm not a structured individual upstairs when it comes to writing, so getting an outline for a novel is hard for me.

You'll have to try harder to convince me of that!

Mr. Hyde
October 1st, 2005, 06:06 PM
You'll have to try harder to convince me of that!
My only proof is my lack of a novel. On another forum, I posted a continuing story, but after a bit it went downhill. What started as comedy/light romance turned into romance/light comedy into action/thriller/comedy. Not at all part of my initial idea.

sylouette
October 1st, 2005, 08:32 PM
My only proof is my lack of a novel. On another forum, I posted a continuing story, but after a bit it went downhill. What started as comedy/light romance turned into romance/light comedy into action/thriller/comedy. Not at all part of my initial idea.

Would you mind leading me to that one? I'd be interested in reading it and being the judge of that myself.

Mr. Hyde
October 1st, 2005, 09:04 PM
Would you mind leading me to that one? I'd be interested in reading it and being the judge of that myself.
I'll dig up the story and PM a link to you. If memory serves, I started it before I had my user name changed from Vampire_IQ to Mr. Hyde.