PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the next 100 Years

sylouette
October 15th, 2005, 08:21 AM
These prediction are from Sylvia Browne. I'm anxious to get your views on whether or not you think any of these will or will not happen. If not, why do you think it could not happen? And whether you believe it or not, how do you think these predictions will impact you personally....assuming you're still around. Otherwise, if you don't have an opinion....it might be entertaining to just read.

1. Eradication of cancer as we know it, using sound waves, photo sensitive drug therapy, and "self-addicting" cells.

2. Robotic houses, controlled by computerized switchboard.

3. Electrical cars with flotation ability for water travel to bypass freeways.

4. Houses made from pressed paper with plastic coatings; interchangeable walls

5. Separate body parts cloned for organ transplants; not an entire body.

6. New form of painless tooth extraction, using a type of suction, with immediate replacement of new tooth.

7. Diagnostic chambers which map the body's electrical balance to predict health problems before the come.

8. Cylindrical rooms in which people enter to see an automated projection of the clothing and color that would look good on them; select what you want, take your measurements, then two days later pick up the goods.

9. Third floor of houses have rollback roofs to allow Hovercrafts to come and go.

10. No more surgery with knives. Some type of molecular ionization device that knows how to take out the afflicted cells then seal the wound without a single scar.

11. Remolding of the whole face structure, to duplicate any look that you wish.

12. New exercise equipment that you sit or stand in, and it literally stimulates your muscles with electricity to achieve the same effect as physical exercise.

13. Babies will be birthed in water all the time, with music, incense, and green and lavender lights.

14. People will be able to simply "walk out" of their bodies upon death.

15. There will be no US Presidency; our government will go back to a Greek Senate structure.

16. No longer a single Pope, but a triumvirate of Popes, each assigned to a geographic collection of Catholics.

17. Peace in the Middle East will prevail by 2050.

18. West Coast goes under in 2026. Parts of the East Coast also get inundated. Tsunamis will wipe out a large portion of Japan. The Hawaiian Islands will have upheaval and be the site of a large new landmass.

19. Atlantis will begin to show itself by 2023 and be fully visible by 2026.

20. After 2050, the "Age of the Messiah" is upon us. People turn totally toward Spirituality, peace will rein for a long time. People will return to community living, loving each other, and working together.

21. Treatment for depression and mood disorders will come from a "control chamber" that emits sensory stimulation gently to the brain, including certain smells, which will elevate mood.

22. Medicine in pill form goes away; instead we have air-injected delivery through the skin.

23. Atomic batteries will run cars.

24. No more gas propelled rockets in space; we will have nuclear powered cylinder shaped objects that travel everywhere.

25. A moon base is created for people to visit, and as a stopping place for further trips.

26. By 2055 most people will live in domed cities due to poor atmospheric conditions.

27. A virtual reality headset will stimulate brain waves so people can learn whole libraries of information within hours.

28. Giant fruits and vegetables will be grown in hothouse environments. The nutrients will be synthesized into a highly condensed injection.

29. Proteins are developed without animal meat, very powerful, builds immune system.

30. Addictions will be a thing of the past because of a brain stimulation, which eradicates all addictions, with no side effects.

31. Execution for the death penalty will become a complete vaporization of the body.

32. No separate governments, one planetary government will form.

33. Great earth changes will occur and germ warfare will be used before the world finds peace. But eventually from all of the bad comes good. The pendulum will swing back to humanity and love.

34. No world war is coming, but lots of civil disorder and small skirmishes. No nuclear holocaust.

35. Peace will last from 2050 until 2100, and then I see nothing beyond, which could mean "the end will come like a thief in the night."

36. Toward the end of things, the veil separating our world from The Other Side will thin, so much so that most people will see decease loved ones and speak with their Spirit Guides.

37. There will be many false prophets that rise up proclaiming to be Jesus on Earth, and try to lead people astray. We are already seeing this in the big rise of occultism.

38. People will again find Spirituality, not so much in organized religion, but in the spiritual brotherhood of coming together and finding their Temple within.

39. Four more comets will pass by before the end times.

40. Aliens will begin to show themselves in the year 2010, they will not harm us, they simply want to see what we are doing to this planet. They will teach us how to use anti-gravity devices again, such as they did for the pyramids.

Snoop
October 15th, 2005, 08:26 AM
I'd like to see her prove this one: 14. People will be able to simply "walk out" of their bodies upon death.

Do you wonder why people don't take her seriously?

What's this about multiple popes? One pope isn't enough?

Snoop
October 15th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Syl - I find these predictions fascinating: 13. Babies will be birthed in water all the time, with music, incense, and green and lavender lights. - How are we going to get a disco inside the mom's stomach?

30. Addictions will be a thing of the past because of a brain stimulation, which eradicates all addictions, with no side effects. - Does this mean I can walk around stoned?

sylouette
October 15th, 2005, 08:46 AM
I'd like to see her prove this one: 14. People will be able to simply "walk out" of their bodies upon death.

I think she just lays it out there as she see it....nowhere does she write or say ..."and I can prove it." I guess we can only wait to see if it happens.

Do you wonder why people don't take her seriously?

Yes, I do wonder. I take her very seriously and live my life based on her theory of Novus Spiritus....as far as her psychic predictions....here are some of her predictions for 2000 which she predicted in 1999....The only proof she would have is the actually event occurring as she predicted it.

http://www.sylvia.org/home/2000pred.cfm

If you read any of her books or biography....there are millions and millions of people that take her seriously.

Oh boy, I can see where this is going! :boogie:

Snoop
October 15th, 2005, 08:50 AM
I think she just lays it out there as she see it....nowhere does she write or say ..."and I can prove it." I guess we can only wait to see if it happens.Syl - If I predict that I will win the lottery - it's the same thing - it could happen whether it was predicted or not, except that winning the lottery is scientifically possible.

sylouette
October 15th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Syl - I find these predictions fascinating: 13. Babies will be birthed in water all the time, with music, incense, and green and lavender lights. - How are we going to get a disco inside the mom's stomach?

Snoop.....ummmm, think again about what you just asked me.

30. Addictions will be a thing of the past because of a brain stimulation, which eradicates all addictions, with no side effects. - Does this mean I can walk around stoned?

Snoop.....did you just wake up or something??? :)

nanderson
October 15th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Yes, I do wonder. I take her very seriously and live my life based on her theory of Novus Spiritus....as far as her psychic predictions....here are some of her predictions for 2000 which she predicted in 1999....The only proof she would have is the actually event occurring as she predicted it.

http://www.sylvia.org/home/2000pred.cfm

If you read any of her books or biography....there are millions and millions of people that take her seriously.

Oh boy, I can see where this is going! :boogie:

Is there any proof these weren't "after-the-fact" prophecies? Where are her prophecies for next year? She does not list them on her site...she won't list her prophecies for 2006 until October of 2006, AFTER most of the events have taken place.

P.S. Predicting that celebrity couples are going to break up isn't that impressive...it's like predicting that the sun is going to rise.

40. Aliens will begin to show themselves in the year 2010, they will not harm us, they simply want to see what we are doing to this planet. They will teach us how to use anti-gravity devices again, such as they did for the pyramids.

ROFL!

I will make a prophecy....in 2010, when the aliens DON'T show themselves to us, Sylvia Brown will claim that something was "clouding" her vision and that the aliens won't really reveal themselves to us until 2020, and if you give her more money, she will tell you MORE prophecies.

Dionysus
October 15th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Sylvia Browne is just another snake-oil sales person who's happened to gain popularity. When put to task, he cannot "show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event", which has been a standing million-dollar-reward challenge (http://www.randi.org/research/) to ANY person who claims the existence of such things. The challenge and the subsequent reward continues to be offered by the James Randi Educational Foundation (http://www.randi.org/).

Mr. Hyde
October 15th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I like this idea, and it sounds plausible.

This as well. Makes home renovations a lot easier to do, although, roof supports IS a major question there.

Possibly, but I imagine robotics will be used more heavily, IE, replacement eye with thermal vision or a zoom function.

10. No more surgery with knives. Some type of molecular ionization device that knows how to take out the afflicted cells then seal the wound without a single scar.
I think we already do this with eyes, so it seems entirely reasonable.

THis will be used by the militaries of the world and governments for assassinations and propaganda.

12. New exercise equipment that you sit or stand in, and it literally stimulates your muscles with electricity to achieve the same effect as physical exercise.
Yeah...sadly, no one has free time to earn their toned body.

More likely another body will be cloned and genetically engineered, and the brain will be transferred.

15. There will be no US Presidency; our government will go back to a Greek Senate structure.
I can see that happen...and I prefer it personally.

16. No longer a single Pope, but a triumvirate of Popes, each assigned to a geographic collection of Catholics.
PAPAL KOMBAT!!!! FINISH HIM!! Exorcise-ality! Humble victory.

I think this might actually happen thanks to the Bushes...surprisingly.

Doubtful, but if it does...I'm going to carry a gun...you know, zombies and stuff.

21. Treatment for depression and mood disorders will come from a "control chamber" that emits sensory stimulation gently to the brain, including certain smells, which will elevate mood.
I can see that happening. Sex is also good for depression.

22. Medicine in pill form goes away; instead we have air-injected delivery through the skin.
I think the military does this already. Or some sort of gun-needle. I'm not sure.

Possibly, but there's also the risk of atomic misfires...

24. No more gas propelled rockets in space; we will have nuclear powered cylinder shaped objects that travel everywhere.
Again, HUGE risk, but huge reward.

25. A moon base is created for people to visit, and as a stopping place for further trips.
Maybe, but I imagine a space center moreso than a moon base...need a deathstar, we do not.

26. By 2055 most people will live in domed cities due to poor atmospheric conditions.
Definitely.

27. A virtual reality headset will stimulate brain waves so people can learn whole libraries of information within hours.
Yes and no. I doubt it will stimulate brain waves anymore than a book, but it will certainly be used. Wireless tech is becoming more the rage.

30. Addictions will be a thing of the past because of a brain stimulation, which eradicates all addictions, with no side effects.
I see a huge increase in drug useage with that.

If it works out, maybe. But there's a lot of good and bad that comes with it.

34. No world war is coming, but lots of civil disorder and small skirmishes. No nuclear holocaust.
This I imagine also happening.

36. Toward the end of things, the veil separating our world from The Other Side will thin, so much so that most people will see decease loved ones and speak with their Spirit Guides.
Tribal cultures have been doing this for thousands of years.

37. There will be many false prophets that rise up proclaiming to be Jesus on Earth, and try to lead people astray. We are already seeing this in the big rise of occultism.
*cough* scientology *cough* Tom Cruise *cough*

I dunno about that. I imagine them being asked for green cards and then getting deported.

tinkerbell
October 15th, 2005, 10:25 AM
I predict in the next 3 years, Sylvia is going to seriously injure herself or someone else with her fingernails.

mrmeepers
October 15th, 2005, 11:22 AM
3. Electrical cars with flotation ability for water travel to bypass freeways. Hover cars would render this obsolete, she kind of contradicts herself there.

5. Separate body parts cloned for organ transplants; not an entire body.Already in testing (human ears have been grown out of mice, etc)

6. New form of painless tooth extraction, using a type of suction, with immediate replacement of new tooth. I see no reference to pain killers anywhere, ripping your teeth out via method x without pain killers will hurt regardless

10. No more surgery with knives. Some type of molecular ionization device that knows how to take out the afflicted cells then seal the wound without a single scar. Laser surgery! already out, with more applications for it coming out by the year

12. New exercise equipment that you sit or stand in, and it literally stimulates your muscles with electricity to achieve the same effect as physical exercise.Electrical stimulation has been out for a few years.

13. Babies will be birthed in water all the time, with music, incense, and green and lavender lights.She's so wrong, its going to be blue and yellow lights

21. Treatment for depression and mood disorders will come from a "control chamber" that emits sensory stimulation gently to the brain, including certain smells, which will elevate mood. There are pills in development that do just that, or are already out.

Air injected delivery is already out, but its less costly to produce/distribute as pills. Don't think that will happen

27. A virtual reality headset will stimulate brain waves so people can learn whole libraries of information within hours. There are limitations on how much can be learned in a day, before negative returns. "The Psychology of Memory" (Chapter 2 "Input Limitations")

A lot of her predictions are already in research/available already

I would like to follow this up with
Mr. Meepers predictions for the next 4 and 1/3 years

- George W. won't run for president in 2008
- The price of oil will go up sometime
- Ninjas will not become the next world superpower.
- Ice cream still tastes good
- Bob Dole continues to refer to himself in third person

starcreator
October 15th, 2005, 11:27 AM
That's some nice optimism, but I don't know out of what ridiculous hat she's pulled these. Aliens will show themselves in 2010 to show us how to use anti-gravity devices? lol...

Star

KevinBrowning
October 15th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Lmao. Time to get a new spiritual advisor. Sylvia Browne is crazier than a loon.

Meng Bomin
October 15th, 2005, 01:31 PM
1. Eradication of cancer as we know it, using sound waves, photo sensitive drug therapy, and "self-addicting" cells.
Possible, but it sounds incredibly stupid to me. "Self-addicting cells"?

Plausible, but only for the rich.

Ambhibious cars, eh? More expensive than anyone needs. If you want to bypass the freeway, It would be cheaper to catch a plane.

Possible, but I doubt it.

Development for this one is already under way.

6. New form of painless tooth extraction, using a type of suction, with immediate replacement of new tooth.
Sounds fishy.

7. Diagnostic chambers which map the body's electrical balance to predict health problems before the come.
Doubt it. Electrical balance shouldn't be a complete indicator of health.

8. Cylindrical rooms in which people enter to see an automated projection of the clothing and color that would look good on them; select what you want, take your measurements, then two days later pick up the goods.

Very expensive. Doubt it.

9. Third floor of houses have rollback roofs to allow Hovercrafts to come and go.
The hovercrafts would make the amphibious cars obsolete, though they would be dramatically more expensive. Get a private jet instead.

10. No more surgery with knives. Some type of molecular ionization device that knows how to take out the afflicted cells then seal the wound without a single scar .
Sounds a little too expensive and implausible for my tastes.

Well, they recently did the first face transplant. I'm sure they could at least improve their ability with cosmetic surgery.

Sounds like some of the silly ads that are on TV already.

13. Babies will be birthed in water all the time, with music, incense, and green and lavender lights.
That just sounds dumb.

Yes, with all those metaphysical inventions we have...:hmm:

Unlikely at best. Entire countries have always had some sort of figurehead. In the US, that figurehead is the president.

I don't see that happening

Perhaps, but more likely no.

18. West Coast goes under in 2026. Parts of the East Coast also get inundated. Tsunamis will wipe out a large portion of Japan. The Hawaiian Islands will have upheaval and be the site of a large new landmass.
Now, this is where it starts to get really dumb. I would say that it is possible, but not in the realm of ideas worth considering.

You've got to love the fixation upon Atlantis. I say no.

20. After 2050, the "Age of the Messiah" is upon us. People turn totally toward Spirituality, peace will rein for a long time. People will return to community living, loving each other, and working together.
How many predictions like this have been wrong so far. Oh yeah, every single one.

Kind of vague (like most of these predictions), but plausible.

Doubt it. There are benefits to the pill form, such as a slower release rate that lasts longer.

That was tried in the 50s and failed.

Ridiculous. To gain momentum in space, you must eject part of the ship at an equal and opposite momentum. In most cases, this part is the gas.

Very vague. If it is refering to perhaps the Mars mission, it is possible, but I think a direct route from Earth would be far more efficient.

Doubt it. Not economically feasible, and there are already some very polluted cities that don't have domes.

Sounds like the Matrix, but doesn't sound like anything that would really happen.

28. Giant fruits and vegetables will be grown in hothouse environments. The nutrients will be synthesized into a highly condensed injection.
A little strange but plausible

29. Proteins are developed without animal meat, very powerful, builds immune system.
The first part is already done. Ever heard of soy? Second part just sounds ridiculous. Third part...I see as silly, since the immune system makes proteins from the amino acids obtained from the proteins that you digest.

On word: dumb.

31. Execution for the death penalty will become a complete vaporization of the body.
Why? I would suspect that that would be painful, as the only methods we know of for vaporization are to lower the pressure of the room or to increase the temperature or both. So, either the person suffocates, burns, or both. I'd say cruel and unusual punishment would rule this out.

Doubt it. There would be no way to keep opposing factions from spliting off.

33. Great earth changes will occur and germ warfare will be used before the world finds peace. But eventually from all of the bad comes good. The pendulum will swing back to humanity and love.
Awww, how sweet. To dumb to even discuss.

I can see this.

35. Peace will last from 2050 until 2100, and then I see nothing beyond, which could mean "the end will come like a thief in the night."
Dumb

Eh, no.

This is a common phenomenon. Why should this surprise me.

38. People will again find Spirituality, not so much in organized religion, but in the spiritual brotherhood of coming together and finding their Temple within.
Vague and thus plausible.

Ah, comets, the signs of bad times, but not really. I say dumb.

What's with wierdos and their obsessions with aliens and the pyramids. It has been pretty well established that the pyramids were constructed by paid workers hauling the limestone blocks up ramps. I don't see why people are fixated upon aliens doing them. With our technology, we have made structures far bigger and more complex than the pyramids.

I take her very seriously and live my life based on her theory of Novus Spiritus....as far as her psychic predictions....here are some of her predictions for 2000 which she predicted in 1999....The only proof she would have is the actually event occurring as she predicted it.
Just as long as you haven't spent too much of your money on this, the damage is not irreparable. She should have made her predictions a bit more vague, because at least they'd all be plausible.

If you do some simple math, that means there are a few billion that don't. Whoopee!

HappyLady
October 15th, 2005, 02:14 PM
I believe psychic ability really does exist in all of us. It's just like sight or hearing or smelling. Some people have keener senses than others. I do believe Sylvia has true ability. However, if Sylvia truly has any ability, she shoots herself in the foot by opening her mouth and saying inane things. It would be wiser for her if she'd stick her foot in her mouth before she says things such as:

# Building everywhere from all corners of the State (CA) is at an all-time high.
# There will be a lot of purchasing of property in foreign countries by Americans and for the first time at such an all-time high.
# TWA is hanging on by a thread and will probably not last until the end of the year.
# In June a major airline disaster is averted.
# New York crime continues to be at an all-time low, and crime across the country, including crime in schools seems to reach an all-time low.
# There will be small earthquakes that hit around the Northern California area in January and February, nothing of significance.
# The one thing that is very frightening as we go into the millennium, and even though spirituality is at an all-time high, is that we will see more occult groups arising and people professing to be the Messiah.
# Elizabeth Taylor ends up back at the Betty Ford Center.
# Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston get married, but it lasts for only a short time.
# John Travolta has to be very careful flying his plane in February.
# Donald Trump buys another large hotel and goes into partnership with someone very well known in a production company.
# Neither Warren Beatty nor Donald Trump has any success in politics.

These kinds of "predictions" are nothing more than simply stating the obvious and they make her look like a dufus.

Another mistake Sylvia makes that makes her look like a dufus, is she leaves herself very open to criticism from the skeptics. For example, and just an example...you could dismantle almost ALL of her predictions...this is one of her predictions for 2000:

An earthquake hits around the Niagara Falls area, small but significant because of where it is.

Well, a general search of New York earthquakes shows that New York is quite susceptible to earthquakes, and the Niagara Falls area is one of the highest for seismic activity according to the seismic activy maps.

http://mceer.buffalo.edu/infoService/faqs/eqlist.asp

From the source, "Nonetheless, between 1730 and 1986, more than 400 earthquakes for which location could be determined occurred in New York State. These earthquakes had a magnitude greater than about 2.0. During this period, New York State has had the third highest earthquake activity of states east of the Mississippi River. Only South Carolina and Tennessee have been more seismically active."

What this shows is that New York is likely to have between 1 and 2 documented earthquakes per year on average, most likely in the Niagara Falls area. It also shows that if any state on the east coast is going to have an earthquake, New York is the third most likely.

And guess what???? OH MY!! She was RIGHT! There WAS an earthquake around Niagara Falls!!! How FREAKY! Look here:

http://erp-web.er.usgs.gov/reports/annsum/vol42/net/a1946.htm

From the source (bold emphasis mine), "About 50 local and regional earthquakes that have occurred in the northeastern United States and southern Canada were detected and located by the LCSN during October 1, 1999 through September 30, 2000. These earthquakes range from magnitude mb(Lg)1.5 to 4.7 (Table 1). A general seismicity pattern during this period is similar to the previous years, showing a relatively higher level of seismicity in the Adirondacks and in the Western Quebéc seismic zone in southern Canada. Other regions with considerable seismicity are: Lancaster ó Reading, PA; western New York around Buffalo; New England and the Charlevoix seismic zone in Canada.

So, considering that about 50 earthquakes occur in these areas per year, and considering that western New York ranks as one of the highest in seismic activity, I'd gander an educated guess that there's an earthquake there...well...EVERY year! Wow, Sylvia is amazing! Tehehe.

And the last thing that Sylvia does that makes her look like a dufus is...she is just plain WRONG about her predictions. For example:

Courtney Cox will get pregnant this year and have a baby boy.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/31032004.htm

Well, it turns out that Courtney didn't actually have her first baby until 2004...and it was a girl she named Coco. And before we go pulling the "miscarriage" card and saying that...well...she miscarried a few times...one of them could have been a boy...Courtney admits that she has suffered miscarriages in the past, but her first one was in 2002, making Sylvia's prediction...100%...wrong.

Among other things she was wrong about for 2000, David Letterman did not call it quits, Gwyneth Paltrow did not marry in 2000, nor did she marry someone older, she married someone 5 years younger than her. And while she did marry someone in the entertainment business (OH MY GOSH! Sylvia was RIGHT!), she married Chris Martin from the very well known music group, Coldplay.

That's just a couple I could find.

Now, I am usually on the side of the fence that argues that psychic abilities are true and real, and I support it wholeheartedly especially because I have experienced it first hand. But I have always understood the opposers with their skepticism agaist predictions such as these offered by Sylvia Browne that give *real* psychics and *true* psychic predictions a bad name. It makes it really difficult for those with real ability to be taken seriously.

Not only that, but when Sylvia sets herself up like that, it makes it hard to believe ANYTHING she says. While I think she has a lot of gifts, and I agree with a lot her spiritual theory, even though she has pulled that directly from already existing theories, it makes it look like ALL that spiritual "stuff" is fake and false...when it isn't.

I think I will send Sylvia my foot in the mail in the hopes that she learns how to use it at the appropriate times.

Sylje, have you done any research to see if any of Sylvia's predictions for 2000 did come true? And I specifically mean any of the ones that aren't stating the obvious. How about these:

# Interest rates will rise very slowly until Spring and then will level off and begin to go downward.
# Stocks stay pretty steady. The NASDAQ fluctuates up and down wildly in March, but the Dow stays pretty solid.
# There is going to be a shake-up at American Airlines during January and February. American will also merge with Alaska Airlines.
# Unemployment will be very low. There will be another acceleration of the minimum hourly wage by mid-year.
# New electronic companies are in the making now, but will really burst on the scene by late Fall. This is as a result of not only technical advances but also genetic research.
# The beginnings of a surge for a flat tax will be bantered around and come to some conclusion before the next election that will take us into 2001.
# Air travel reaches an all-time high, but because of overbookings and poor service, the airlines will need to revamp their scheduling practices.
# As in the 1940's and 50's, we are going to see a lot of small businesses flourish like the old Mom and Pop operations.
# There is a big upsurge in the population looking for more antiques and handmade articles than things that are mass-produced.
# There will be extensive monitoring of the internet that will be imposed to govern and reduce indiscriminate pornography. This will be drastically different from the filtering software available now, along with harsh regulation.
# There will be a definite crackdown by the Federal Government regarding frivolous lawsuits. This has been bantered around for a while, but now a definite crackdown is imposed.
# Sorry to say there will be three hurricanes that hit in rapid succession in the Fall, again around the Bahamas, then Mexico, Florida, and the Carolinas.
# Tornadoes touch down in Ohio in April and a devastating one touches down in Brownesville and San Antonio, Texas in the Spring.
# Los Angeles registers a 5.3 earthquake in and around the valley in late March.
# Seattle area, around Olympia, gets a 4.9 earthquake around June. None of these earthquakes above are devastating.
# NASA finally cuts back on the space program realizing that every time they send up a space vehicle they are tearing the ozone layer.
# The midwestern U.S. has a big uprising because of some kind of polluted waste hazard. This has not been recognized at this point, but begins to surface around Branson.
# There is going to be a very definite detection of mines and some bombs that have not been detonated off the coast of Hawaii.
# Train wrecks will occur in France and England causing quite a bit of devastation in May.
# In June a major airline disaster is averted.
# An airline high-jacking is thwarted out of Florida in August.
# Democrats will win the election with Bill Bradley, with close competition from the Reform Party.

mrmeepers
October 15th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I looked up the first few, here are the results

# The beginnings of a surge for a flat tax will be bantered around and come to some conclusion before the next election that will take us into 2001.
Flat/fair tax is still being very much discussed, more so in recent years.

Stocks stay pretty steady. The NASDAQ fluctuates up and down wildly in March, but the Dow stays pretty solid. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fluctuated by more than 1500 points during 2000, not quite the steady prediction she had.

Interest rates will rise very slowly until Spring and then will level off and begin to go downward.Intrest rates never went down during 2000

Enough for now, its time for food

Mr. Hyde
October 15th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Even Edgar Cayce got a few wrong. ;)

starcreator
October 15th, 2005, 02:57 PM
She makes unverifiable predictions. Did the dow stay steady? Some may say yes; some may say no. By using vague relative terms some of her current predictions appear correct and people put their faiths in the idea that the US will become a greek senate AND have a planetary government, and people will walk out of their bodies.

Star

HappyLady
October 15th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Even Edgar Cayce got a few wrong. ;)

Haha. Hyde...what did she get RIGHT? lol!

Mr. Hyde
October 15th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Haha. Hyde...what did she get RIGHT? lol!
I think you mean, "What WILL she get right?" ;) Remember, she's predicting the future, not the present.

But I'd have to say Peace in the Middle East by 2050 sounds about right. Be it real or by puppet governments and fake democracy, there's probably gonna be some peace there.

KevinBrowning
October 15th, 2005, 07:08 PM
But I'd have to say Peace in the Middle East by 2050 sounds about right. Be it real or by puppet governments and fake democracy, there's probably gonna be some peace there.

The U.S. is not currently taking the route of "puppet" governments at all, really. Many people say this, but to observe what's happening over there right now, it's not true. They just had their constitutional referendum in Iraq, and it was astoundingly successful. There was a high turn-out from every major sector, and very little violence. The constitution will most likely be narrowly approved. On Wednesday, the trial of Saddam's atrocities will begin. He will likely be swiftly executed, after they go for a quick conviction on one or two major counts, rather than his laundry list of inhuman acts.

I see real progress being made in Iraq, and I hope others notice it also. In Afghanistan, the Taliban has been banished, and many elections have taken place successfully, with even women being elected to some positions. Women. That is no small feat in that culture. No matter how badly some people want democracy to fail over there, it's not going to, if we stick with the path we've started. People like having a say in their own lives. Sometimes they just don't know it yet.

Mr. Hyde
October 15th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Well that's why I added the "either REAL or" clause in there. Still, it could be the greatest achievement since peanut butter and morphine.

mrs_innocent
October 15th, 2005, 07:14 PM
I've read a couple of Sylvia Browne's books. My mom has some weird fascination with her (not saying you're weird, Syl...but my mom is), and so I checked 'em out.

I must say that after reading them I was left feeling like the most 'normal' person on Earth.

Though, I will say that I was afraid to go to sleep a couple nights because I kept feeling like someone was watching me. (In one of the books, SB talks about your spirit leaving your body and watching over you through the night.) The only reason I think that's weird is because I've never believed in a soul/spirit.

With regards to her 'predictions', I think some of them are too far out there while others are entirely too vague.

Sounds creepy, but I'm really liking the idea at the moment. (I've had a toothache for nearly a week)

HappyLady
October 15th, 2005, 08:12 PM
I think you mean, "What WILL she get right?"

No. Her predictions for the year 2000. None of them came true. Some were dead wrong. What I meant exactly was, "What DID she get RIGHT?"

Mr. Hyde
October 15th, 2005, 08:15 PM
No. Her predictions for the year 2000. None of them came true. Some were dead wrong. What I meant exactly was, "What DID she get RIGHT?"
Well then she got those wrong. But the point is, she's making FUTURE predictions in the OP. So, one must ask what she WILL or WILL NOT get right. As such, like I said, even Edgar Cayce got some wrong. He got some right. Maybe some of hers will come true. Peace in the Middle East seems to be the most likely outside a few medical advancements.

HappyLady
October 15th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Though, I will say that I was afraid to go to sleep a couple nights because I kept feeling like someone was watching me. (In one of the books, SB talks about your spirit leaving your body and watching over you through the night.) The only reason I think that's weird is because I've never believed in a soul/spirit.

I wish people weren't afraid of things like this. Just my "if I could have my ideal world" kinda thing. I've been having out of body experiences since I was a kid. I wouldn't be scared in the least if my spirit was sitting right next to me at night watching me. I'd be like, "Hey...how ya doin'? Can you get me a drink of water? I'm kinda thirsty. Thanks." lol.

HappyLady
October 15th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Well then she got those wrong. But the point is, she's making FUTURE predictions in the OP. So, one must ask what she WILL or WILL NOT get right. As such, like I said, even Edgar Cayce got some wrong. He got some right. Maybe some of hers will come true. Peace in the Middle East seems to be the most likely outside a few medical advancements.

Ok. The predictions are so vague, and easily inferred by looking at the current state of the world. It's not rocket science to think that it'll take about 50 years for the Middle East to achieve peace. We are at about 50 years or so past a couple World Wars and for the most part THOSE nations have peace. Very few nations stay at war for hundreds and hundreds of years these days.

And it can also be inferred that, since almost all of her 40 predictions for the year 2000 were either vague or dead wrong, she doesn't stand a very good probability of getting many right. And the ones she will get right...are the ones that are vague that any moron on the street could tell you.

I do think Sylvia has real abilities. I do believe in and have experienced first hand psychic abilities. But I think she is a little too inflated with self-importance and she's riding the Cashola Highway. She is feeding on the sensibilities of desperate people...and that irks me. I think even she probably only believes about a third of what she says and that she knows the other two-thirds is just fluff. I'd have a lot more respect for her work if she'd give up the fluff and stick to what's real.

When I gave psychic readings in college, if someone came to me and I couldn't see anything, I was always tempted to tell them something vague...just like Sylvia's predictions. But I felt that compromised my abilities so I would simply tell them, "I'm not seeing anything for you right now. Let's try again later." Sylvia doesn't have that advantage because she is often on the spot and on camera. Psychic ability generally doesn't work that way. Very few human beings can be tuned in ALL the time, so Sylvia should stop pretending she is one of them who is.

Mr. Hyde
October 15th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Ok. The predictions are so vague, and easily inferred by looking at the current state of the world. It's not rocket science to think that it'll take about 50 years for the Middle East to achieve peace. We are at about 50 years or so past a couple World Wars and for the most part THOSE nations have peace. Very few nations stay at war for hundreds and hundreds of years these days.
The Middle East is different. Granted, you don't need psychic powers to see it coming, but the M.E. has been in a nearly perpetual state of violence since the dawn of Civilisation. It's like, every nation on Earth is a child God had. And when he looked around and said, "Where can I put the ones who like to fight each other?" he decided to lump them all in one part of the world...which can be called bad parenting, or good planning, either way works.

And it can also be inferred that, since almost all of her 40 predictions for the year 2000 were either vague or dead wrong, she doesn't stand a very good probability of getting many right. And the ones she will get right...are the ones that are vague that any moron on the street could tell you.
No disagreements here.

I do think Sylvia has real abilities. I do believe in and have experienced first hand psychic abilities. But I think she is a little too inflated with self-importance and she's riding the Cashola Highway. She is feeding on the sensibilities of desperate people...and that irks me. I think even she probably only believes about a third of what she says and that she knows the other two-thirds is just fluff. I'd have a lot more respect for her work if she'd give up the fluff and stick to what's real.
Hey, if I was getting paid to pop off predictions, I'd be right there next to her. And if proven wrong, I can always say, "Well, when I predicted the future, it changed as people KNEW that was going to happen, so they knew what to do to prevent it."

When I gave psychic readings in college, if someone came to me and I couldn't see anything, I was always tempted to tell them something vague...just like Sylvia's predictions. But I felt that compromised my abilities so I would simply tell them, "I'm not seeing anything for you right now. Let's try again later." Sylvia doesn't have that advantage because she is often on the spot and on camera. Psychic ability generally doesn't work that way. Very few human beings can be tuned in ALL the time, so Sylvia should stop pretending she is one of them who is.
I doubt ANYONE can stay in tune all the time....and I think if they could, they'd kill themselves. Akashic record isn't something I believe in entirely, and I doubt that more than a handful on earth are capable of giving any real predictions, and maybe fewer that can give predictions about people they know. Which makes you a rare case.

FruitandNut
October 15th, 2005, 08:52 PM
A realistic prediction will be that the gap between the rich and the poor and 'knowledge' and ignorance will be greater than ever before.

I predict that more will be spent on high tech gizmos and proceedures to enhance, pamper and prolong the lives of the relative few at the expense (directly and indirectly) of the rest. In other words I predict that human nature will not change very much, if at all.

I predict that the 'Battle for God' (Christian 'fundamentalism' vs Islamic 'fundamentalism') will reach a crisis point that will need a 'strong' resolution.

I predict that legal and illegal migrations into the western world will radically erode (present) social, cultural and religious values and perspectives. The speed of these changes could well produce social anomie.

I predict that global warming and the shortages in fossil fuel will force changes in human demography and enterprise.

I predict that sterility and low sperm counts due to STDs and environmental pollutions (for instance - estrogen) will impact familial statistics in our western world. (That these may be addressed in part by scientific breakthroughs.)

I predict that there will be major inroads to solving human problems, but that new problems will spring up.

I predict that if nothing major occurs to reverse the current trend, that the human population could reach about 20-30 billion.

I predict that many more plants and animals will in effect become extinct or only 'artificially viable'.

I predict that the shortage of water will become as much an important issue to the G8 (or possibly G10-12) by then, as will be the shortages in energy supply. 'Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink'. There will be forced migrations because water will not be available in many current areas. (Yes, there will be better technology to convert saline water into drinking water, but this is of little use in areas becoming remote from any water at all.)

I predict that China, the EU and possibly India will rival the US as the world's super power.

ps. As I don't have a crystal ball and the 'Almighty' hasn't made me privvy to the future these are just guesstimates and could in part or whole be wrong.

pps. I predict that all the current members of ODN will have died.

HappyLady
October 16th, 2005, 07:36 AM
I doubt that more than a handful on earth are capable of giving any real predictions, and maybe fewer that can give predictions about people they know. Which makes you a rare case.

For the record, I didn't dabble in predictions much. I am likely to have a premonition here or there, but I gave "readings", not "predictions". More that I could tell people what problems and strengths they had, some tough choices they were facing, and a little nudge in the direction they should go.

Dionysus
October 16th, 2005, 07:47 AM
More that I could tell people what problems and strengths they had, some tough choices they were facing, and a little nudge in the direction they should go.Sounds like you practice common-sense counseling more than you use "psychic" abilities. :dunno:

HappyLady
October 16th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Sounds like you practice common-sense counseling more than you use "psychic" abilities. :dunno:

Nah. It was a little bit of both. I could see actual things that were going on in their lives. It was more than an, "Oh...you look stressed. What's the matter?" It was more that I'd meet someone I never met before, and blurt out, "You know that blonde best friend of yours that you have been loving for the last year but have been deathly afraid of telling. You know, the one with the green eyes, she's about 5'3" and she plays on the field hockey team, her name is Kelly, but she spells it with an "I" instead of a "Y", the one who was dating your friend, Steve, and it made you so jealous you coudln't see straight...yeah...that one...ask her out and let her know how you feel because she feels the same way about you." Just a tad bit more than common-sense counseling. ;)

Dionysus
October 16th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Nah. It was a little bit of both. I could see actual things that were going on in their lives. It was more than an, "Oh...you look stressed. What's the matter?" It was more that I'd meet someone I never met before, and blurt out, "You know that blonde best friend of yours that you have been loving for the last year but have been deathly afraid of telling. You know, the one with the green eyes, she's about 5'3" and she plays on the field hockey team, her name is Kelly, but she spells it with an "I" instead of a "Y", the one who was dating your friend, Steve, and it made you so jealous you coudln't see straight...yeah...that one...ask her out and let her know how you feel because she feels the same way about you." Just a tad bit more than common-sense counseling. ;)Well, that DOES sound like a tad bit more that common-sense counseling. I don't personally believe that you did these things with the degree of accuracy that you've described, but I respect the fact that you believe you did (or do).

sylouette
October 16th, 2005, 10:38 AM
KABOOM!!

......................... POW!!

.............................. BLAM!!

......................................... PUNCH!!

.................................................. .... KICK!!

JUST AS I PREDICTED!!! :lol:

Hey!!!! Look at that.......I'm physic too!!!

Oh, you mean you want an explanation for all of your responses????.......... :lol: :lol: I might be naive and gullible.....but I'm not a :censor: fool!!! I can only take a beating like that once in one thread!

but thanks to those who kept an open mind! ;) :kiss:

Dionysus
October 16th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Hey!!!! Look at that.......I'm physic too!!!You're physic? What would happen if you were psychic?

sylouette
October 16th, 2005, 10:48 AM
You're physic? What would happen if you were psychic?

:lol: :bad: Oh nooo you don't......I'm not goin' for that bait!!! :lol:

Dionysus
October 16th, 2005, 10:55 AM
:lol: :bad: Oh nooo you don't......I'm not goin' for that bait!!! :lol:Which bait are you referring to? To P-H-Y-S-I-C bait, or the P-S-Y-C-H-I-C bait?

tinkerbell
October 16th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I don't think I really believe in psychic's as much as I do people with good intuition or good guessers..Take Sylvia, she is correct about 6% of the time..That's not proof of psychic ability, nor even prrof of a good guesser. Her correct predictions are usually things that are just common sense, like there will be an earthquake in Modesto. That's like betting it will rain sometime next year in Florida.
She also is into past life readings, one of her most famous was a woman that was afraid of fire. The woman thought she was Joan of Arc..Now seeing as there is history there, Sylvia manages to steer her away from that theory.The woman then says. she see's herself burning at the stake...In Salem, at a witch trial..Too bad they hadn't looked a little harder into that history, out of all the 'witches' killed at Salem -- none of them were burned at the stake.
She as well as teh other top psychics have been dodging James Randi's Milllion dollar challenge for years. He is offering a million dollars to any person who could prove they had paranormal powers under scientific testing conditions. So far, nobody has won the challenge.
For someone that charges $700 & up for a phone reading, I would think she would be jumping at the challenge to proove her credibility and get the easy million.
She has also been known to do such brilliant things such as give advice to the sick..She had a lady complaining of stomach pains, She told the lady that she had a metal object inside of her that was causing those pains and advised her to get an MRI. Yeah, Great idea..Anyone know what happens to someone with metal in their body if they have an MRI? It's not pirty.
I believe in Angles, I believe in life after death,I can even bring myself to believe there are spirits. Random correct preminitions, Heck maybe we all can do it from time to time. But there has yet to be proof that people are actually psychics..There is alot out there that is unexplained. I think most people have had those experiences in their life..I know I have. But, the idea that there is one PERSON, or several people that hold all the truths & secrets of the universe and can see into all future and past..That would be called GOD. I have never seen God as being a chubby woman with a bad dye job and horrible manicure.

HappyLady
October 16th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Well, that DOES sound like a tad bit more that common-sense counseling. I don't personally believe that you did these things with the degree of accuracy that you've described, but I respect the fact that you believe you did (or do).

haha. Thank you for putting it so kindly. :kiss: That is the reaction I expect and usually get, so I usually just shrug my shoulders and go on about my life. I haven't really dabbled in it to the degree that I used to. It is a big energy drain for me, and I usually feel like someone kicked my butt the day after I do readings. I have also found it's not that useful. It's fun for the shock value. That's about it. The same thing can ultimately be accomplished through counseling, or just spending some time with a person to get to know them. I am in the process of taking that energy that was mostly wasted then and turning it to hands-on-healing. That's much more useful, in my opinion.

Dionysus
October 16th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I have also found it's not that useful.That's the point that I was doing a poor job of driving at. The likelyhood of a prediction being correct when measured against someone who's simply making a guess isn't all that impressive.

Are there exceptions? Sure.

Are there enough to say that "readings" are reliable (or genuine)? No.

Like you said, one is better served to spend some time sharing and learning about one's concerns than hoping a psychic will divine them out.

sylouette
October 16th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Which bait are you referring to? To P-H-Y-S-I-C bait, or the P-S-Y-C-H-I-C bait?

Did you not read the part that "I'm naive".........I don't get it?? :blush:

Dionysus
October 16th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Did you not read the part that "I'm naive".........I don't get it?? :blush:Well, lemme see if I can sort it out a bit, luv. ;)

You said:

Hey!!!! Look at that.......I'm physic too!!!To which I replied:

You're physic? What would happen if you were psychic?You then said:

:lol: :bad: Oh nooo you don't......I'm not goin' for that bait!!! :lol:...suggesting that you didn't notice the spelling error I jokingly pointed out. Noting this I said:

Which bait are you referring to? To P-H-Y-S-I-C bait, or the P-S-Y-C-H-I-C bait?And here we are.

Main Entry: PHYSIC
Pronunciation: 'fi-zik
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English physik natural science, art of medicine, from Old French fisique, from Latin physica, singular, natural science, from Greek physikE, from feminine of physikos -- more at PHYSICS
1 a : the art or practice of healing disease b : the practice or profession of medicine
2 : a medicinal agent or preparation; especially : PURGATIVE
3 archaic : NATURAL SCIENCE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Entry: PSYCHIC
Pronunciation: 'sI-kik
Variant(s): also psy·chi·cal /-ki-k&l/
Function: adjective
Etymology: Greek psychikos of the soul, from psychE soul
1 : of or relating to the psyche : PSYCHOGENIC
2 : lying outside the sphere of physical science or knowledge : immaterial, moral, or spiritual in origin or force
3 : sensitive to nonphysical or supernatural forces and influences : marked by extraordinary or mysterious sensitivity, perception, or understanding
- psy·chi·cal·ly /-ki-k(&-)lE/ adverb

mrmeepers
October 16th, 2005, 03:03 PM
posted by tinkerbell
She told the lady that she had a metal object inside of her that was causing those pains and advised her to get an MRI
I wonder if she could "see" what would happen if that old lady got the MRI while she had metal in her!!!
dun dun dunnnn

PerVirtuous
October 16th, 2005, 04:17 PM

Self-addicting? That is a very strange term. Addicted to themselves? What exactly does it mean?

We already have that. It is easy to predict the past.

Not likely. There is not enough power in electrical engines for water travel. It requires much, much more energy than road travel. Yet, electricity is barely capable for road travel.

Already happening in Japan. Again, predicting the past is easy.

Already been done since a few years ago.

Nope. Would be way too dengerous to use something like that.

You mean like EKG's?

Reasonable chance.

How many? Two? Maybe. Regularly? No!

Would require zero resistance electrical circuits. Not likely.

Yeah. Pretty much already got that.

Can't happen. Won't work.

Yeah, Beverly Hills, maybe. Not in Mexico City or Kashmir.

Walk where?

Ha haa ha ha ha ha ha ha

Nope. won't happen.

And this peace will last how long? A week? A month? Forever? Way too vague to have meaning.

Nope.

Atlantis has been found off the Island of Crete. It did not sink. It got hit by a Tsunami and then covered in ash. It would have been unrecognizable to any traveler of the day. It is already found and has been above water ever since.

Return from what? Here, where I live, we do that every day. Is it different in Canada?

Possible.

Not likely. Pharm companies will not like that.

What is an atomic battery? Calling something atomic means that there is fission or fusion taking place, hence it would not be a battery.

Would require zero resistance circuits

Very far fetched.

Make that doomed, and I'll agree. We do not have even a hint of the tecnology needed to do this.

That is not how the brain works. We can invent technologies, but we cannot change the way the brain works.

Why? What would be the purpose? If they are going to be synthesized, what difference does their size make? It would make more sense that they would grow the ones that produce the most the fastest. That is rarely the case with the largest ones.

Already done. Called TOFU.

Addictions are not the result of brain activity. This would work with only some very narrowly defined addictions only.

Where? Certainly not in the US. It would violate the rights of the criminal's religious beliefs.

Not bloody likely.

Sounds like revelations.

OK.

I am not too nervous.

Who will this happen to? Everybody? A few? Can you be more specific?

This happened much more often in the first and second century than it does now.

How so?

More than we know of? Or the ones we know four more times?

Ha ha ha. The pyrimids are no longer a mystery. It has been determined how they were built. No anti-gravity was necessary. If they had such a device, why is there remnants of twenty-thousand workers living there for about thirty years? Must have been some crude and inefficient anti-gravity devices.

This is nothing more than the ramblings of someone who takes themselves way too seriously. This is common amoung spiritualists, as being spiritual without being able to balance this against the rational world harms the body and brain. To be a spiritualist and not become a bit "Crazy" is a very difficult and arduous task. Most people would rather simply become a little crazy rather than do the work required to balance themselves. It is sad, because spritualism is very important, yet gets the wrong attention from these people.

I am reminded of a Psychologist who gave me the book, "Many Lives, Many Masters" and asked my opinion. In the book a therapist hypnotizes a patient who "regresses" to a past life. The therapist asks the new personality what is around them. They describe an ancient village. Then the therapist asks what year it is. The person replies, "436 B.C."

At this point I laughed. How could anyone living in the year 436 B.C. describe it that way? That calendar would not come into being for centuries. That is not regression. That is not a past life being relived. It is simply a gullable person imagining a bunch of hooey. Unfortunately, that is also what I make from these predictions.

mrs_innocent
October 16th, 2005, 07:58 PM
I wish people weren't afraid of things like this. Just my "if I could have my ideal world" kinda thing. I've been having out of body experiences since I was a kid. I wouldn't be scared in the least if my spirit was sitting right next to me at night watching me. I'd be like, "Hey...how ya doin'? Can you get me a drink of water? I'm kinda thirsty. Thanks." lol.

What's the harm in being creeped out by it, though? Having the feeling that someone is standing over you while you sleep isn't a comfortable one. As I've said a few times, I don't believe in the concept of a soul/spirit, and I don't believe in out of body experiences. And, I'm sorry, but if there's someone over me while I sleep, I'm not asking for favors--I'm probably wetting the bed. :blush:

sylouette
October 16th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Well, lemme see if I can sort it out a bit, luv. ;)

You said:

To which I replied:

You then said:

...suggesting that you didn't notice the spelling error I jokingly pointed out. Noting this I said:

And here we are.

Main Entry: PHYSIC
Pronunciation: 'fi-zik
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English physik natural science, art of medicine, from Old French fisique, from Latin physica, singular, natural science, from Greek physikE, from feminine of physikos -- more at PHYSICS
1 a : the art or practice of healing disease b : the practice or profession of medicine
2 : a medicinal agent or preparation; especially : PURGATIVE
3 archaic : NATURAL SCIENCE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Entry: PSYCHIC
Pronunciation: 'sI-kik
Variant(s): also psy·chi·cal /-ki-k&l/
Function: adjective
Etymology: Greek psychikos of the soul, from psychE soul
1 : of or relating to the psyche : PSYCHOGENIC
2 : lying outside the sphere of physical science or knowledge : immaterial, moral, or spiritual in origin or force
3 : sensitive to nonphysical or supernatural forces and influences : marked by extraordinary or mysterious sensitivity, perception, or understanding
- psy·chi·cal·ly /-ki-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh......I seeeeeeee.......so you were making fun of me?!

NOW
IS
THAT
NICE?

mrmeepers
October 16th, 2005, 08:07 PM
NOW
IS
THAT
NICE?
nicely done i must say, jolly good

Dionysus
October 16th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh......I seeeeeeee.......so you were making fun of me?!

NOW
IS
THAT
NICE?We always hurt the ones we love...

sylouette
October 16th, 2005, 08:14 PM
What's the harm in being creeped out by it, though? Having the feeling that someone is standing over you while you sleep isn't a comfortable one. As I've said a few times, I don't believe in the concept of a soul/spirit, and I don't believe in out of body experiences. And, I'm sorry, but if there's someone over me while I sleep, I'm not asking for favors--I'm probably wetting the bed. :blush:

I know I shouldn't be scared...but I'm petrified of the dark as it is :blush: ...so whenever I get up to go to the bathroom at night, I close my eyes and feel around to the bathroom...because I keep thinking my mom is going to pop up some night when I least expect it.

If that ever happened to me...you'd find me curled up in the corner of the bathroom chanting...."and the people, and the people, and the people" :insane:

sylouette
October 16th, 2005, 08:17 PM
We always hurt the ones we love...

Awwwwwwww..............Good Answer! Good Answer! /\

:kiss: :skip: :skip: :skip: :boogie:

HappyLady
October 17th, 2005, 11:46 AM
I am reminded of a Psychologist who gave me the book, "Many Lives, Many Masters" and asked my opinion. In the book a therapist hypnotizes a patient who "regresses" to a past life. The therapist asks the new personality what is around them. They describe an ancient village. Then the therapist asks what year it is. The person replies, "436 B.C."

At this point I laughed. How could anyone living in the year 436 B.C. describe it that way?

I have always viewed past life regression as nothing more than perceiving your past from the present. Some people believe that our DNA is a record of our entire existence...meaning a part of every soul in the universe is contained in our DNA. Therefore, the person would be able to say B.C. because they are visiting the life from their current body and current state. What do I know, though, in my past life I was a French whore. ;)

HappyLady
October 17th, 2005, 11:49 AM
What's the harm in being creeped out by it, though?

I'm just saying I feel bad that people are creeped out by that kind of thing because one can engage in a lot of awareness-oriented experiences by not being creeped out. Kind of like the kid with a lot of potential in class who just keeps slacking off. You know if he'd pay attention, he'd persevere. It's the same with spiritual experiences. If we fear them, we aren't able to experience them, and the lesson is lost. If we face them without fear, we learn.

I'm not sayin' you're a freak or something. Just wish you weren't scared, that's all. ;)

PerVirtuous
October 17th, 2005, 02:50 PM
I have always viewed past life regression as nothing more than perceiving your past from the present. Some people believe that our DNA is a record of our entire existence...meaning a part of every soul in the universe is contained in our DNA. Therefore, the person would be able to say B.C. because they are visiting the life from their current body and current state. What do I know, though, in my past life I was a French whore. ;)

Uh-huh. So, If I regressed you to the days when you were a troglodyte whore, you'd be able to make the mathematical computations in your DNA to figure out what year it is? If I gave most people a canendar, a calculator, an Encyclopedia, and a weekend, they couldn't figure it out! Yet, this guy, when he was experiencing things as a peasant in ancient times, could throw it off the top of his head? I don't think so. That would require more than just regression.

PerVirtuous
October 17th, 2005, 06:00 PM
We always hurt the ones we love...

Be careful about talking love! These girls here take you seriously they might just come to visit you. Life is complicated enough...well, I think you know where I'm going with this.

sylouette
October 17th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Be careful about talking love! These girls here take you seriously they might just come to visit you. Life is complicated enough...well, I think you know where I'm going with this.

Yea, damnit.....why wouldn't you answer your doorbell!!!! :P

Snoop
October 18th, 2005, 11:25 AM
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/092305/my-wife.gif:offtopic: I predict this topic will be proven prophetic.

Xanadu Moo
October 18th, 2005, 11:38 AM
It would be instructive to go back to 1950 and look at predictions for the future at that time. Hap, could you go back there for us and report? And don't get in trouble.

Rule #1:
Predictions about technology happen a lot slower than expected. Most technology that eventuates within a fifty year period is said to already exist in some form at the beginning of that time. I've read four different books in the past year about the predictions for this century, and the more technical they are, the more guarded they are in making claims. There will be rampant changes, but very few will happen soon. Sylvia Browne is on the accelerated prognosticator track.

Recommended reading:

Predictions, Theodore Modis, 1992

Intriguing study of patterns, cycles, and projections, based on the S-curve. Numerous real-life examples. Shows the rise and decline of various energy sources since the 1800s, all following a similar pattern. Shows the productivity of various famous people throughout stages of their lives. The example of Mozart indicates that he had accelerated his production and had exhausted his creative resources by age 35 when he died. Also shows a pattern of oceanic voyages following Columbus, which indicates that there may have been about 15 such unsuccessful attempts prior to Columbus, going back to about 1340 A.D. Also addresses a 56-year cycle of the sun, moon, and earth, which relates to various sociological cycles of humans, brought out in inventions and discoveries (as well as behavior). Thus, every 28 years is a growth cycle. The most current growth cycle began in 1996. Modis said it "should be a period of growth leading to prosperity not unlike what happened between 1940 and 1968."

Also following the pattern: birth rates, diseases, crime.

Modis also quotes Cesare Marchetti, who supported with calculations these notions:

"Industrialization featured mostly muscle-surrogate inventions, but that did not significantly decrease the number of working hours. Allowing eight hours for sleep and a fair amount for personal matters, the time available for work cannot be far from eight to ten hours per day. At the same time, human nature is such that a much shorter work period is poorly tolerated."

"Human beings around the world are happiest when they are on the move for an average of about seventy minutes per day."

"People like to spend no more and no less than 15 percent of their income on the means of travel."

"Jets did not shorten travel time, they simply increased the distance traveled."

"It is possible to sustain one trillion people on the earth without exhausting any basic resource, including the environment."

Other recommendations:
Tomorrow Now: Envisioning the Next Fifty Years (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0679463224/qid=1129663425/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-5953614-1979220?v=glance&s=books), Bruce Sterling, 2002
Provocative reading in amazing prose style. Highly technical topics presented in layman's terms. A sweeping overview of how life will be different in the coming decades.

A History of Knowledge: Past, Present, and Future, Charles Van Doren, 1992
The bulk of this volume is historical, and the final chapter extrapolates to possible futures. One interesting prediction is that we will become the slaves of computers.

The Next Fifty Years: Science in the First Half of the Twenty-first Century, John Brockman et al, 2002
(still reading)
The future of science. Many optimistic forecasts from dozens of leading scientists. Vast predictions on what could happen in fifty years as well as what probably won't. By the way, Dawkins says he hopes there won't be any theologians in fifty years.

Snoop
October 18th, 2005, 03:33 PM
She reminds me of Sylvia Brown - in a way: http://www.crystalinks.com/bio.html

"April 4, 1954 ... the Nevada desert ... a late model four-door Chevy Sedan slowly drives toward its destination, Reno, Nevada - the passengers unaware of what is about to unfold.

There had been a long cross-country journey, beginning in Brooklyn, New York.

It was dusk, and the desert sky was painting a scenic picture - the sun setting behind the mountains reflecting in colors of red, pink, and orange.

At age 11, I sat listlessly in the back seat, while the car made its way along the bumpy terrain.

No one was ever quite certain why my mother, Florence, made this journey to Reno, at that time. She would later tell me, that after many miscarriages, she became pregnant with me. Spirit told her that a baby girl would be born to her, and she must guide the child's destiny until the time was right. The time had come and we both sensed it...

Suddenly, the car stopped!

The driver, a man from Brooklyn, my mother, and I, got out.

A strange object manifested before me as my mother and the driver appeared to be in a state of suspended animation.

I stood there and watched it, as one would a UFO, but there was no fear.

I know you've seen this before in any second-rate science fiction movie - but it happened just that way.

The object / ship was diamond-shaped looking much like a star tetrahedron. Years later, I would understand the significance of the shape and the 'ship' - so to speak.

There are the moments in our lives when we are not sure what is real and what is projected illusion - or - as I have come to understand - they are one and the same. Reality is not much more than a virtual experiment created by thought consciousness and projected into the frequencies of third dimension - linear time and space - to create an emotional playground based on duality.

Two entities came from the ship - a male who called himself Zoroaster, and a female who said nothing, but smiled in knowing approval. He spoke telepathically.

I next remember being aboard the 'ship' and sitting on a bench next to a boy who was about my age.

I was shown a future in which I would help shape the destiny of this planet - another cliche in time - as all enlightened souls seek to help humanity evolve.

My work would be linked to pyramids, time, a book and film, and Zoroaster, who would guide me from that time on. I would call him Z.

I remember viewing a circular screen in which endless images were shown. It was as if messages were encoded that I would one day understand.

The boy and I would meet again one day to complete this project as we shared a common destiny.

I next remember being on the ground and 'right-time' resuming.

I would not have another UFO encounter until November 2003. (http://www.crystalinks.com/ufosightinge.html) This, too, I would undestand as projected illusion. A journey had begun in a desert - very metaphoric. It would come to fruition decades later when I would learn about the nature of reality as a biogenetic experiment in which our DNA acts as programmed codes that evolve through time. This is an experiment in remembering who we are and why we are here - the mission feeling. As consciousness evolves, we move through ... the healing grids, if necessary - the energy grids, if desired - to create balance and harmony / harmonics - and finally into total conscious awareness."

Mr. Hyde
October 19th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Uh-huh. So, If I regressed you to the days when you were a troglodyte whore, you'd be able to make the mathematical computations in your DNA to figure out what year it is? If I gave most people a canendar, a calculator, an Encyclopedia, and a weekend, they couldn't figure it out! Yet, this guy, when he was experiencing things as a peasant in ancient times, could throw it off the top of his head? I don't think so. That would require more than just regression.
Did people even refer to years as BC back then?

I immediately warrant his regression as nothing more than hokey.

FruitandNut
October 19th, 2005, 10:43 PM
I know I shouldn't be scared...but I'm petrified of the dark as it is :blush: ...so whenever I get up to go to the bathroom at night, I close my eyes and feel around to the bathroom...because I keep thinking my mom is going to pop up some night when I least expect it.

If that ever happened to me...you'd find me curled up in the corner of the bathroom chanting...."and the people, and the people, and the people" :insane:

Someone very close to me gets (among a lot of other nasties) a reoccuring nightmare of her mother (during one of her 'psychotic' episodes) angrily waving the bread knife (pearl handled with rose motif) that she chased the other sister around the table with trying hard to stab her. Luckily youth was a bit more fleet of foot. The other sister (although a double Ph.D and university prof.) has also had her emotional life blighted by such incidents.

Nagasena
November 21st, 2005, 01:22 PM
1. Eradication of cancer as we know it, using sound waves, photo sensitive drug therapy, and ......
This is happen already 15 years ago, with combination X ray and chemoteraphy, and the reaserch with Ultrasonic wave. "Self Addicted" any body explain to me what it's mean please (limited english here).

It's already happen 10 years ago, I mean one of billionaire in Indonesia robotized his house 10 years ago.

Let said electric Hovercraft it's done in prototype, just make it small for 4 passanger. Or she mean counter gravity magnetic wave?? It's exist right now just need new source of power so it's can be make with large shape for passanger. Again all about money.

No need to wait 100 years, I can make it for you right now, it's not take too long it's just take money. Why use paper since source of paper are lumber, so why don't stay with lumber. Old way is cheaper.

You see I-Robot Will smith, that's more reasonable. Cloning separate body part are imposible. The only way is clone the whole person and kill them for the body part transplant (heh, no morality anymore heh).

This is ok I think no need to wait another 100 years. Let's wait 20 more year for those or even less, just prepare the money.

Again just wait less than 20 years don't forget the money. The prototype already been used as known as CT-Scan.

The prototype already there, but the problem is they do not have judgement. Still manual measurement more efficient and wwwaaaayyyy cheaper that's why the do not develop it for wide market.

Go back to quote # 3

So she doesn't know about cosmetic surgery, I mean the most expensive one.
Minor internal organ surgery with robotized instrument, no need knive but only small hole.

It's still have limitation unless there are way to change skull form. And except changing skull form, you can change your face right now. Look Mikey moon walker now and Mikey moon walker 20 year's ago, totaly diffrent face. And his sis "La Toya" also.

That's not called exercise. and I think no need to wait for another 100 year.

You talking about artificial womb with disco inside.

Now some people can walk out their body even they are not even die yet. Just "Believe it or not".

That lady too much star-trek. It's reasonable at least.

So Pope became Catholic Kings. Check again the procedure to select Pope. It's about ancient rule from so called "God" him self, not somethin can be change by human.

Good, good. But I think if middle east keep going like that no body survive at 2050, so either way, it will be peace over there.

2026 is another 20 year so at least somethin we might wittnessing this event later. So dont buy house at California, Florida, Oregon, and Washington-Britis Columbia and Japan. It's only last 20 year from now.

No, criminal, so no need jail. Nice if it's really happen.

It's brain-washing, no wonder that's no criminal. Everybody brainwashed.

Air injection are fatal. You can kill people with air injection. Did she know that? It's again anatomy mechanism and nature of body.

I can make this prediction. My 60 years old 7 grade drop out daddy can make this prediction.

This future already prepared in NASA 20 years ago, check either Ensiclipedia Britanica or Americana.

Moon traveling vacation already under feasibility study ussualy will take less than 100 year to release the program.

HHHAAAA!!!!!!!! This lady said all people turn totally to spirituallity "Quote 20" why they destroy their own environment???
And also 2055, now is 2006, another 49 year, I do not hear a single plan in any country for those. Let's say the plan release next year, 48 years to cover most of city with dome. Who will fund it? US tax dollar??? Forget it.

So!! No stupid people all people will be wise and smart but why they polute their air??? Why they have depression quote 21, wise people doesn't have depression.

That lady never see discovery channel or science channel. Japan make strawbery as big as grape fruit, cubical shape watermelon, truck wheel size honeydew, human leg size sweet potato, etc. The problem is howmuch money they spend to make that either giant or exotic fruit??

No need tommorow for those, sysnthetic protein are exist right now.

People can put whole library inside his brain within hours (quote 27), still not learning the disatvantage of drug??

Why there are death penalty, still crime at "Age of Messiah" ????

Again, same as Quote 15. Or contradict with quote 15???:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

When will "Germ warfare" happen, "Age of Messiah" are another 49 year (2050. That's not include build Dome City, atleast take 10-20 years has tobe finish at 2055 at least it's start at 2035. but there are big Tsunami to anihilate coastal and japan at 2026. So 10 year to rebuild from massive dissaster??? Make sense? so Do "Germ War" will occur before Tsunami ?because after Tsunami people does't have time for war.

If germ war occur before tsunami so it's will be under this 20 year, than tsunami, than another 10 years before dome city project started. No body survive, just empty earth.:insane: :insane: :insane:

There are "WAR" or no "WAR"???? just said there are "WAR" than now "NO WAR":insane: :insane:

But still death sentence???:dunno: :dunno:

Like at Video Game.:dunno: :dunno:

So what about you "Lady" check again your prophecy.:tdown: :tdown:

Check again my thread at "Game" forum, Ragnarok Online, Legend of Zelda, World of Warcraft. Maybe this lady is one of the Gamer:lol: :lol: :lol:

Many comet will pass every year, want to know, http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/afl_front/index.html
Maybe you find something.

It's should be one of the Vulcan, while we pass speed of light.:lol: :lol:

I can make 2 prophecy:
1. World will be in apocalypse, tommorow.
2. World will not be in apocalypse,tommorow.

I bet my accuracy is exactly 50%.