PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Online

Nagasena
November 15th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Norse mythology, Ragnarok ("fate of the gods"1) is the battle at the end of the world.

Ragnarok Online game a MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) created by gravity corp. http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/

starcreator
November 15th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Doesn't this border on advertisement... ;)?

Star

Mr. Hyde
November 15th, 2005, 10:20 PM
I've been a little curious about this game. But it looks pretty good.

Mr. Hyde
November 15th, 2005, 10:20 PM

Star

Talking about a game in a gaming section?

No way man.:lol:

sylouette
November 16th, 2005, 09:49 AM

Star

I guess it depends on what kind of 'GAME' you're talking about.:lol:

(well I thought that was funny.)

CliveStaples
November 16th, 2005, 12:33 PM
This game SUCKS. It's what WoW and Lineage II would be if instead of being awesome MMOs, they were piles of monkey feces. Seriously, Ragnarok is a great manga. It's got cool artwork and a cool plotline. But why subject yourself to Ragnarok Online when you can spend your money on good games?

starcreator
November 16th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Talking about a game in a gaming section?

No way man.:lol:

Well, I don't know. It's not as if he posted his opinion on it. It was just a link. It seems like advertisement. I would think that if it were a discussion he would have given an opinion, asked for opinions, maybe added something other than a link.

But anyway, I'm too lackadaisical to pursue this ;). Consider my comment withdrawn.

Star

Mr. Hyde
November 16th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Well, I don't know. It's not as if he posted his opinion on it. It was just a link. It seems like advertisement. I would think that if it were a discussion he would have given an opinion, asked for opinions, maybe added something other than a link.

But anyway, I'm too lackadaisical to pursue this ;). Consider my comment withdrawn.

Star
You don't always have to offer an opinion to talk about something. ;)

This game SUCKS. It's what WoW and Lineage II would be if instead of being awesome MMOs, they were piles of monkey feces. Seriously, Ragnarok is a great manga. It's got cool artwork and a cool plotline. But why subject yourself to Ragnarok Online when you can spend your money on good games?

What's wrong with it?

CliveStaples
November 17th, 2005, 01:36 AM
What's wrong with it?

Have you played it?

Its interfaces are annoying and clumsy. Its gameplay is stunted and overly complicated without payoff for the hard work needed to gain power. Character "creation" is a joke. Skills and spells are lackluster and unimaginative.

Mr. Hyde
November 17th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Have you played it?

Its interfaces are annoying and clumsy. Its gameplay is stunted and overly complicated without payoff for the hard work needed to gain power. Character "creation" is a joke. Skills and spells are lackluster and unimaginative.
I've never played it. But hey, if it sucks it sucks. Nice look though.

mrmeepers
November 17th, 2005, 10:53 PM
All the major MMO's suck right now, all wimpy conditional or optional pvp.

Unconditional PvP is where it is at. Check out www.darkfallonline.com it's guna be a good one, i'm in beta when it opens up in a short bit.

Nagasena
November 20th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I also heard WoW are much better than RO, I also buy the installer include free 1st month.

But

It's doesn't mean RO are suck, as suck as it is player get what they pay. It's cheaper than WoW, 10 buck/month. And most likely people do not just doing game, they looking friend also just like chat room, play together when they got bored thy just chat and make joke.

Also all MMO better than RO require more expensive comp if you want to play it confortable. Beter VGA card, sometime soundcard, memory card, that will spend 1k only for comp, I only spend total 700 for my comp and it's played RO nicely.
I do not play my WoW because it's too expensive for people that have limited time to play like me. And the main problem is I have to add expensive VGA card that cost me another $250.

Another issue about all MMORPG and Ragnarok Online particulary.

They caused Comp addiction. Since RO build virtual community and virtual life, people make their own char and they can make as cute as possible, the player interact each other worldwide. Sometimes and what my experience most of them doesn't really care their real life any more.

I see already one couple got divorce because the women meet someone in RO and you know the end she deforce her husband run away with that other player. Of course the marriage problem are not started at RO and it's already occured before. Since they got deforce and having affair with other player so let's make oppinion about this game or...general speaking all MMORPG.