PDA

View Full Version : Chat templates

Meng Bomin
December 3rd, 2005, 11:42 PM
When signing onto the chat, for some reason, one of two different templates is loaded. This has been a problem for a while, actually, but it is a bit annoying since one of the templates doesn't allow for text editing (color changes, bolding, italize, etc). I am attaching screenshots of both.

Apokalupsis
December 3rd, 2005, 11:51 PM
and each will randomly appear upon entering the chat?

Meng Bomin
December 4th, 2005, 12:04 AM
and each will randomly appear upon entering the chat?
Seemingly, yes. I haven't discerned any pattern. I entered the chat and got the second (normal) one...hit back...clicked the link again and got the first one. I took the screenshot...hit back again...clicked the link again and got the first. Past times have also been completely unpredictable. I have often gotten the same chat template numerous times in a row before getting the other at times...so yes, it seems to be random.

Apokalupsis
December 4th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Have you tried selecting a different template as your personal default?

Meng Bomin
December 4th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Have you tried selecting a different template as your personal default?
Yes...I have tried various backgrounds and styles, but none of them as of yet seems to counter the problem.

Apokalupsis
December 4th, 2005, 02:22 PM
So then it does the same thing on thos particular templates? Or does it revert back to the templates you provided a screenie for?

Also, have you tested this in other browsers? FF 1.5 appears to be having some troubles. There are a lot of complaints about it at vb.com. I've since uninstalled FF 1.5 and reverted back to 1.07.

I'm trying to duplicate the bug, but so far, nothing...it's working fine for me. Try other browsers to see if it's a FF thing or not.

Apokalupsis
December 4th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I tried both FF 1.07 and IE 6, logged in and out several times with each. The text editing display appeared fine each time.

Meng Bomin
December 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I think I will go back to FF 1.0.7, because I tried AOLE, which is based on IE, and there wan't a problem, but there was problem with Netscape, which uses FF rendering.