PDA

View Full Version : The Man Who Spoke To The Roof

zephyr999
January 3rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
I was born on the stage that Shakespeare called the world.And everyone around me was older than me,and I wished then that I was older,Because I knew,or though I knew,or knew I thought.That I was more than a mere player on the stage,enacting more than my seven ages.
That I was more than human.

Have I said too much?
No,I haven't said enough.

I'm a witness to history,like a lone vendor on a freeway:I have seen what there is to see,what will be seen and what shall never be seen again.
I walk the wheel of time,turn it,make it bring forth the new,push the eternal along,and cast the ancient into oblivion.
I sing the song that binds humanity and write the story of eternity.
I'm more than human.

Have I said too much?

I'm the philosopher,whose life's cause is to solve unanswered FAQs:The Voltaire who saw reason.
I'm the revolutionary,who was born to fullfill his life's cause,and died fighting for it:The Lenin who never foresaw Stalin.
I'm the wanderer,who never found a cause in life:The Homer,who only saw Odysseus.
I'm more than the people who walk the streets everyday,continuing the rat race for fear of death.
I'm more than human.

Have I said too much?

I'm the sinner,the lover,the homeless,the spoilt,the parent,the child,
The Japanese for whom the sun roses first,
The Briton for whom the sun once never set,
The Eskimo whose sun neither rises or sets.
I'm more than human.

Have I said too much?
No,I still haven't said enough.

I'm the answer to all the questions,the question to all answers,
I'm the hero who takes on the villain unarmed,the villain who takes on the unarmed hero.
I'm all that the world asks for(and a little that it doesnt ask for).
I'm more than human.

Have I said too much?
No,I've said enough.

While I lie here,forcing air into me,death out of me(in vain),I think of all that I knew,I know of all that I thought.
Everyone around me is younger than me,and I wish I was younger,because I realise,as I sit up and see myself below,
That I'm not more than human,NOTHING is more than human.

I've said too much.but it doesn't matter because
Iam....was only human.

HappyLady
January 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the concept of being and the all or nothing imagery in the cycle of life and death.

I especially found the line "NOTHING is more than human" interesting. People can interpret that differently. How do you interpret it, zeph?

Mr. Hyde
January 3rd, 2006, 07:10 PM
I enjoyed it.

sylouette
January 3rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
Hmmm..it was interesting.

zephyr999
January 4th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Hey happy lady...You are right."Nothing is more than human" can be interpreted in a variety of ways.People have usually related in to religion and some inclined to the mortal I'm curious...can u tell me how you interpreted it?Just wanted to see if you think like I do.

HappyLady
January 4th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hey happy lady...You are right."Nothing is more than human" can be interpreted in a variety of ways.People have usually related in to religion and some inclined to the mortal I'm curious...can u tell me how you interpreted it?Just wanted to see if you think like I do.

You first. hehe.

I interpreted it as the state of "nothingness". Most people never get to take a peek into what lies beyond the physical and concrete worl. If they did, they would see that "nothing" isn't really "nothing", but something more amazing than we could ever view in the physical world. Your turn.

Iluvatar
January 4th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Very interesting indeed. I usually dislike stream-of-consiousness type pieces along these lines. However, this one was much more deliberate and purposeful than most. I would recommend proofreading it and fixing the numerous spelling, grammatically, and formating errors, which mar an otherwise unique piece.

Anyways, this is quite a cool piece, as each line is intentional. It is not like many such pieces, where every other line is crap, that the author hopes the reader will interpret as genius. Each line has a meaning, an intent, a purpose. The rise and fall of a humans self-image, and ultimate disillusionment, for lack of a better way to describe it, is extremely well done. I'd clean it up a bit (grammatically, etc), but beyond that, very cool writing.

zephyr999
January 5th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Thank you illuvatar.Like you said my every line was intentional and purposeful.Glad you saw it that way too.I realise there are formatting errors and would be glad if u go ahead and point out my errors.I will surely rectify them.

As for you happy lady...
BINGO!!! You hit the bull's eye.I wasn't really generalising on the "NOTHING is more than human" part.I was referring to the NOTHING-the sense of emptiness..mere oblivion far beyond the facade of the physical and materialistic world, which isn't really so if you have the imagination to think otherwise!

Iluvatar
January 5th, 2006, 02:47 AM
I realise there are formatting errors and would be glad if u go ahead and point out my errors.
Well, off the top of my head (and I notice this in your posts too), is that you miss a lot of spaces. For example, there should always be at least one space after a period (or two, depending on who you ask). And there should always be 1 space after a comma:
Joe went to the beach,which was nude,and had a good time.He'd go again,if given the opportunity. = wrong
Joe went to the beach, which was nude, and had a good time. He'd go again, if given the opportunity. = correct.

Beyond that, there's a few random capitalizations in the middle of sentences (though a few are intentional), and occasionally a missed space between words ("Iam" in the last line).

I hate to admit it, but errors like these bug the heck out of me. :) They just grab my eye when I'm reading. Still, excellent work; it surprised me, as works like this tend to suck, in my opinion. This was very cool.

zephyr999
January 5th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I never did proof read it!!! I think I can imagine how bugged some people would get with careless work like that.I should be using the edit option.Thanks for pointing out my errors anyway.Every bit helps!

zephyr999
January 7th, 2006, 01:36 AM
I also want to add that i cant use the edit function anymore!!!its been in the waiting for too long.Please bear with the errors!