PDA

View Full Version : The Sandbox Campaign

PerVirtuous
January 25th, 2006, 02:55 PM
The soldier wiped the sand from her eyes and surveyed the damage. Her sandwiches were still wrapped in plastic, so they were safe, but her drink now had sand and floaties in it. She had not, however, lost any territory in the attack. She had sustained some heavy casualties, sand in the hair and undies, but nothing that couldn't be overcome. She still had her third of the sandbox. That was the thing. She had a good supply of ammunition. Her goal for this campaign was two thirds of the sandbox. Nothing less would do. Death would be preferable to having Sally have a bigger part of the sand box. She was completely prepared to suffer any consequence to win.

Sally had used a new strategy. She had swung her pail over her head and let it fly on the way down. This had the sand going into Andrea's pants, where the casualty rate was the highest. Twice Andrea had backed up and lost ground. But, the tables looked about to turn. Andria was figuring out how to do the over-the-head-swing.

Andrea furiously grabbed her pail and shovel and began shovelling ammo into the pail. At about half full she began to swing the pail. Once over the head, twice, and...

"Woah! Coming through." A big man with a beard came up and stood on the edge of the sand box. Both of the soldiers came to attention and stood their ground in case their enemy broke the cease fire. They looked at the man and then one another. He surveyed the situation. Then he leaned over and whispered something in one girls ear. Then he whispered in the other girl's ear. Then he marched right down the middle of the sandbox as if walking a dangerous tightrope and out the other side. He kept marching until he got to the other side of the playground and sat beside a pretty woman reading there on a park bench.

The two girls looked at one another. They started to grin. They agreed to divide the sandbox in half and play without further hostilities. After a few minutes, the woman looked up from her reading and said, "O.K. What did you say to get them to stop fighting?"

"I told them each exactly the same thing."

"Which was?"

"Don't tell her, but I saw a cat poop on her side of the sandbox and bury it a few minutes before you got here."

The woman laughed and looked back. The girls were encouraging one another to dig about their respective sides of the sandbox looking for buried treasure, having a wonderful time. The spirited and savage sandbox campaign had ended at exactly the same time the real estate bubble burst. History had repeated itself once again.

Dionysus
January 25th, 2006, 03:31 PM
:lol: Priceless! ||

sylouette
January 25th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Very Clever, Perv. Verrrrrrrryyyy Clever!!!! ;)
I get it.

tinkerbell
January 25th, 2006, 07:56 PM
we all know the real ending..The adorable blonde, reading the book waited for the other 2 to leave and took her place as QUEEN OF THE SANDBOX!!!!

PerVirtuous
January 26th, 2006, 12:36 AM
we all know the real ending..The adorable blonde, reading the book waited for the other 2 to leave and took her place as QUEEN OF THE SANDBOX!!!!

Took her POSITION as queen of the sandbox, and what a position it was! She was forever known as, "Sandy." after that.

sylouette
January 26th, 2006, 07:25 AM
The woman laughed and looked back. The girls were encouraging one another to dig about their respective sides of the sandbox looking for buried treasure, having a wonderful time.

Then suddenly Sally found that there was more poop on her side and that the big man with the beard had been bull****ting her all along. She filled her pail with sand and walked over to the bench where the man and the woman were sitting and said to the beautiful woman "Here, I'm tired of finding poop every time I start digging. You can HAVE my side of the sandbox." The beautiful woman stood up and gave Sally a big hug and took her hand walking her over to the sandbox. She took Andrea's hand and helped her out of the sandbox to stand next to her. With Andrea and Sally on each side of this beautiful woman, she stuck her hand into her pocket and pulled out a fistfull of something shiny. She opened her hand and threw what was in it over the entire sandbox. The sandbox sparkled like golddust shimmering all over.

Sally looked at the beautiful woman and asked, "What was that?" and the beautiful woman replied...."It is the speckles of light in which I see shines through both you and Andrea....that you've both shared with me and others that pass through and by the sandbox everyday. Now that those speckles are intermixed throughout the entire sandbox, I hope that the two of you can share those speckles, and together help to build a beautiful shining castle in the sandbox. However, the only way you can do this is to get rid of the poop and focus on the speckles of light."

With that, the beautiful woman turned to the man on the bench, flashed him a titty shot, smiled and skipped away to collect more speckles of light that surrounded her.

Andrea and Sally stood beside the sandbox, looked at the speckles of light and then turned and looked at each other. Sally extended her hands out to Andrea.........waiting.

PerVirtuous
January 26th, 2006, 01:39 PM
The man with the beard laughed and slapped his thigh many times. He didn't know what was funnier, the flash or the facial expressions caused by a little fake poop carefully planted. No matter. He could laugh at both at the same time, even though he was a man and opposed to multi-tasking.

He walked over to the sandbox and marveled at it's new color and motion. He said, "Watch this." and put his hands over it like he was going to run some marionettes. At this the lights began dancing a little line dance. It was just like in a country bar where some of them know it and others are trying but lost most of the time. Lots of movement and the color seemed to ripple in a rhythm. Before the girls realized what was happening they were line dancing along with the lights. They had never had so much fun. It was like dancing with magic. The lights began to get together and look a little more professional.

At first it was too new to do more than smile and feel awe. After a few minutes the giggles began and the steps came naturally, even the "between steps" steps. The colors danced faster and faster. The girls danced faster and faster. The world stopped, but the dance continued. Suddenly, the entire sandbox turned white and a sound like a jet airplane shook the ground. The lights exploded all around and through everything. Then there were only two girls standing by an empty sandbox, pondering their next move.

HappyLady
January 26th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Andrea grabbed Sally's hand and said, "Let's get out of here. If we stick around too long, the box will just fill up with sand again and he'll come back. Is it just me, or did he play us both? I'm sure he loves us both the same, but I think sometimes he loves the game more than anything else. Had he left us alone in the first place we could have skipped that ridiculous line dance and then we could have walked off with the glittery woman. Did you see her rack? Men screw everything up.

Sally said, "Let's go look for the glittery woman and maybe we can help her gather more lights."

Andrea was excited with that idea, "Okay! But first, can we go on the swings. How about if I push you for a while and then you can push me. And while I'm pushing you, can you please sing me a pretty song? I just want to be quiet for a while."

sylouette
January 26th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Andrea jumps on the swing and Sally stands behind her pushing with a big smile on her face and begins to sing her song:

"I been watchin' you a long time
Trying to figure out where and when
We been moving down that same line
Time is now maybe we could get skin to skin

Don't know when this chance might come again
Good times got a way of comin' to an end
Good times got a way of slippin' a-way
Let's be friends, baby let's be friends

I know we're different you and me
Got a different way of walkin'
The time has come to let the past be history
Yeah if we could just start talkin'

Good things got a way of comin' to an end
Good things got a way of slippin'
Let's be friends, baby let's be friends

Do, do do doo do do do doo
Do, do do doo do do do do doo
Let's be friends
Let's be friends

There's a lot of talk going 'round you
Let them talk you know you're the only one
There's a lot of walls need tearing down
Together we could take them down one by one

Good times got a way of comin' to an end
Good times got a way of slippin'
Let's be friends, baby let's be friends"
--Bruce Springstein

PerVirtuous
January 26th, 2006, 05:37 PM
The man sat and peered through the fence as the girls played on the swing. He pondered why the warrior's path was so lonely, and why it was always necessary to sweep the footprints clean. The subtlety was alarming. He shook it off and went back to being a man until the call came.

sylouette
January 26th, 2006, 05:58 PM
The man sat and peered through the fence as the girls played on the swing. He pondered why the warrior's path was so lonely, and why it was always necessary to sweep the footprints clean. The subtlety was alarming. He shook it off and went back to being a man until the call came.

Sally noticed the man peering through the fence and said to Andrea, "Hold on a minute, I'll be right back." She ran over to the fence and opened the gate. She extended her hand out to the man with the beard and said, "If you don't talk about poop, I'd like if you would come push Andrea and me on the swings.....and maybe sing a song too?"

PerVirtuous
January 26th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Gladly! Here's a song my Grandpa taught me.

Not a long time to come, I remember it well.
Along 'side a poorhouse a maiden did dwell.
She lived with her parents, her life was serene
Her age it was red and her hair was nineteen.

Now, nearby this maiden her lover did dwell
A cross-legged ruffian and bow-eyed as well
Said he, "Let us fly by the light of yon star.
For you are the eye of my apple you are!"

"Oh NO!" said the maiden, "Be cautious and wise!
Or my father will scratch out your nails with his eyes.
If you really love me don't bring me disgrace."
Said the maid as she buried her hands in her face.

But, when she refused him, he knocked down the maid
And silently drew out the knife of his blade
He then slit the throat of the maiden so fair
and dragged her around by the head of her hair

Just then her old papa appeared it appears
And looked on the sad scene with eyes in his tears
He knelt down beside her, her pale face he kissed
Then he rushed with his nose at the murderers fist.

He looked at the ruffian and told him to bolt
Then drew a horse-pistol he'd raised from a colt
Said he, "You will die if I say it is true."
He said, "Now I fly! And he flew up the flue!"

southernbelle
January 27th, 2006, 05:24 PM
And then, Godzilla came tearing through the park...sorry, just kidding, couldn't resist. Beautiful story Pervirtous, great additions, Happylady and Syl.