PDA

View Full Version : A Future Laden With Foreboding.

Mr. Hyde
February 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Read this first. Whistle P. Bones and the Suicide King. (http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/showpost.php?p=130780&postcount=3) Chapter 1 finish. (http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/showpost.php?p=131461&postcount=4)

Chapter 2.

Panic sweeps Dwarf Haven as everyone is guided into the Abelion, named for Abel. The empty 30s America, surreal cityscape of Dwar Haven sits barren as the wasteland it might soon become. They lock the gates after hearing it latch on the other side and Miranda casts her magic over it, sealing it. They move as fast as possible under the ever present evening sun until they reach the other side.

Once the final door is locked and sealed, Miranda passes through into Filizia and they gaze at the smoking remains of what used to be the weigh station for souls. Uriel turns to Whistle and says, "I haven't seen this kind of destruction since you were one of the Fallen." Whistle reflects on his days as Baal, the leader of the Dread Knights, and right hand to Lucifer. "That was a long time ago, Uriel." he replies solemnly. "From the look on your face, it doesn't seem like it feels so long ago." "You got a problem with me, archangel!? 'Cause I got a few minutes to spare kickin the **** out of you...again."

Uriel readies his spear and Azrael steps between them. "Now's not the place or time." he says calmly. "Besides," he continues, "Look out there. I doubt those coming from Purgatory are headed this way for pleasantries." They stare out across the olive green field that fades into the horizon forever, and there, exiting Purgatory, is a mass of people, some armed, some not, angry and charging towards Whistle and his company. Azrael looks about the group as Uriel readies his spear, Lord Nelson and Napoleon load their muskets, Miranda draws her sword and casts a spell imbuing it with lightening, and Whistle whips out his revolver.

"Get into a defensive position," Azrael says slightly excited. They pile boxes and debris until they've got some cover. Then they wait. The crowd draws nearer. Miranda winks at Whistle and he blows her a kiss. The marauding mass of Purgs gets within range and Whistle, Nelson, and Napoleon open fire. By threes and fours the crowd thins, with several getting back on their feet as Azrael stretches his scythe above his head and his wings expand, black as night, with smoke pouring off them and out from his armor as he roars into the air and across the sky towards the crowd.

"By God Almighty" he cries out, "DEATH IS COME FOR YOU!" And he tears through them, his scythe ripping many of them in halves. He courses upward and dives back down at them. Once again, splitting the crowd in half. Before long, Whistle and the rest stop fighting and just watch as Azrael tears this group of angry dead to pieces and crushes them under heel. What might've been a mild struggle, has turned into a slaughter.