PDA

View Full Version : It is good to be here

Purelyironic
April 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I am glad i found this forum.

I have tried to debate on a few topics already and failed miserably, but that is fine, because half the reason I am here is to learn.(the other half would be to teach)

I have noticed its generally the same group of people who post on every thread. That same group of people have been here for a very long time (some even years) and have ridiculously high post counts.

That said, I am guessing every debatable topic has already been debated by this group of people an endless(<-overstatement) amount of times.

Hopefully with a years worth of practice I will be able to add something to the threads, and maybe even come up with some unique threads of my own.

I am 19 years old and currently attend college full time in southern California while also working full time.

This is a very beautiful and advanced forum. The only thing thatís lacking are good emotes.

Snoop
April 8th, 2006, 03:10 PM
This is a very beautiful and advanced forum. The only thing thatís lacking are good emotes.Speak to Syllie - she'll hook you up :lol: - welcome!

FruitandNut
April 8th, 2006, 03:22 PM
This is a very beautiful and advanced forum. The only thing thatís lacking are good emotes.

Your first sentence there has got me crying with joy. Your second has me wondering :wtf: :P :boogie: :lol:

Welcome to ODN! :censor: :kiss:

Mr. Hyde
April 8th, 2006, 03:45 PM
It's ironic that there's nothing ironic about your introduction, considering your name implies great irony. Or rather, it's just unfortunate.

Either way, welcome to the boards. Hunker down and tread headlong into the forums.

Dionysus
April 8th, 2006, 04:20 PM
It's great to have you, PI. Welcome!

Slipnish
April 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, we've been around a while for the most part.

Welcome to our slice of the web.

Iluvatar
April 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Many of us have been here for a while, but the vast majority were all noobs at some point. Furthermore, I've found that every new person that comes here brings perspective and topics that we've not found before. From your posts, you look like you'll be able to become a valuable member.

Turtleflipper
April 9th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Hehe. I believe soon we newbs shall outnumber ye veterans. :)

Snoop
April 9th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Hehe. I believe soon we newbs shall outnumber ye veterans. :)It can never happen. You will be a veteran before 100 newbies stick around.

FruitandNut
April 9th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Snoop - I have just looked at Immigrant's avatar - 'beware the yellow peril'!

KevinBrowning
April 9th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I have tried to debate on a few topics already and failed miserably, but that is fine, because half the reason I am here is to learn.(the other half would be to teach)

Always glad to have another Christian on board, and a humble one to boot, it seems. Don't let all the libats (liberal atheists) get to you.

ShadowKnight
April 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Welcome PI, good to have you on-board ;)

mrs_innocent
April 9th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Welcome! :)

southernbelle
April 9th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Howdy!!!

CC
April 10th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Don't let all the libats (liberal atheists) get to you.

yeah.....don't forget, all us libats are out to get you! Geez.....:O)

southernbelle
April 12th, 2006, 07:12 PM
807 << Libat!!! :lol: (sorry, guys, I thought it was funny!)

HappyLady
April 14th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Welcome Purelyironic. How can something be purely ironic? I just don't get it. Let's debate your username.

What is pure irony as opposed to...what...tainted irony? I can't imagine saying...that was impurely ironic. :craz:

Welcome! The ones who have been here a long, long time are here because we're f'ed up in the head. Several of us have tried to quit many times only to return. We have a support group "ODN Junkie Support Group" in the Regulars Forum. When you're sick enough, you'll get to go there. The problem is, we debate more than we "support", so it's...purely ironic.

Mr. Hyde
April 14th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Hehe. I believe soon we newbs shall outnumber ye veterans. :)

It can never happen. You will be a veteran before 100 newbies stick around.

Yeah, and we eat newbs to boot.

CC
April 15th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Of course newbs are essential to keeping a forum like this one going. Left to our own devices we would eventually meld or disinigrate, neither a good option. Just so long as KB warns them that us libats are out to control their minds so they can see how biast libats really are then they should do fine.....:O)

Turtleflipper
April 15th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Libat was a low-level pokemon. He had scratch and supersonic. I really enjoyed that video game.

*tear* I was a pokey-master. Back when that used to mean something. Now all you kids think'in u somethin'. Well I coulda been great. I coulda been a contenda.