PDA

View Full Version : The Price of Love

PerVirtuous
April 16th, 2006, 04:03 AM
My love is not free. There is a price to be paid. If you want to be my friend, my brother, sister, lover, comrade, then you will be required to treat my friend, brother, sister, lover, comrade well. I will use whatever means available to assure your compliance.

Many people are satisfied with a mutual please-fest, where compulsion for validation is the mandate. I am not impressed. I want more for my friends. I demand more for them. What kind of friend would I be if I encouraged my friends to "settle" for a relationship with me that left them with nothing more than they could get from a dog?

No, this ship is not powered by steam. It is a rowboat. The price of traveling upon the waters of my love is that you must pull on your oars. You must row until it hurts and then row some more. Then I will insist that you be thankful for the opportunity to hurt so. For I know what the reward is for the price we must pay. It is the best bargain ever!

No matter how you complain, how you curse me, I will not slow the pace or make the task easier. We will row against the tide and into the pounding surf. There is too much at stake to do anything but full ahead. I would rather yell, "Man overboard!" and deliver eulogies than try to explain in the end why we failed to make the destination because I coddled the rowers too much.

And when we finally reach the mouth of the river of Al's love and the bow slips into the ocean of God's love, we will have reached the destination of our fantastic journey. A journey which would have been almost impossible alone. Once experienced, all is forgiven and all is perfect!

All aboard!

sylouette
April 16th, 2006, 06:11 AM
My love is not free. There is a price to be paid. If you want to be my friend, my brother, sister, lover, comrade, then you will be required to treat my friend, brother, sister, lover, comrade well. I will use whatever means available to assure your compliance.

Are you saying if we want to be your friend, we have to treat (ourselves) well? Is that who you are referring to? Or are you saying that in order to be YOUR friend, we have to treat all your other friends, lovers, comrades, etc. well?

Of course, I want to be your friend.....but your friends, comrades, lover, etc. shall be treated well by me only if the treatment is reciprocated. :tup:

PerVirtuous
April 16th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Are you saying if we want to be your friend, we have to treat (ourselves) well?

Yes, that was my meaning.

Is that who you are referring to? Or are you saying that in order to be YOUR friend, we have to treat all your other friends, lovers, comrades, etc. well?

There is no difference. If you do not see that, you are abusing yourself, and I am mad at you for it.

Of course, I want to be your friend.....but your friends, comrades, lover, etc. shall be treated well by me only if the treatment is reciprocated. :tup:

Those who bargain with love will always come up short. Whatever you withhold will be withheld from you. It is the inertia of kharma. Don't take it lightly.

sylouette
April 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Yes, that was my meaning.

Cool.

There is no difference. If you do not see that, you are abusing yourself, and I am mad at you for it.

Oh bologna, Perv. You can never be mad at me. :kiss:

Besides, I've abused myself long enough by giving without getting the same in return ;)

Those who bargain with love will always come up short. Whatever you withhold will be withheld from you. It is the inertia of kharma. Don't take it lightly.

I don't bargain with love. I only demand the same love and respect in return as I dish out. If it is not reciprocated......that person/persons doesn't deserve my valuable time. ;)

PerVirtuous
April 16th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Cool.

Oh bologna, Perv. You can never be mad at me. :kiss:

Besides, I've abused myself long enough by giving without getting the same in return ;)

I don't bargain with love. I only demand the same love and respect in return as I dish out. If it is not reciprocated......that person/persons doesn't deserve my valuable time. ;)

I have no quarrel with you, or anybody. Just telling it like it is.:devil:

sylouette
April 16th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I have no quarrel with you, or anybody. Just telling it like it is.:devil:

No quarreling intended. But so am I. :P

HappyLady
April 21st, 2006, 06:47 PM
While I think this is a well-written piece, I disagree with the message of it. Dogs have very good qualities. They are loyal and faithful and always there when you need them...willingly. They do not push and pressure you to change when you may not be ready to face those challenges.

A good friend is someone who offers help when asked, and offers support when not asked.