PDA

View Full Version : This Mirror Here.

Mr. Hyde
April 27th, 2006, 09:38 PM
This mirror here, lies in wait. Reflecting every crease, of my own hate. So poignantly shown, without a judgement known. I'm not a fan of the mirror like this one. In truth I should just be done. Cover it up and leave it alone, and get back to my own life, and my job on the phone. But this goddamn mirror. It still sits here. Waiting. Spying. So earnestly lying. I hate that brittle frame of glass. It's reflected lips can kiss my ass.

I throw over the curtain, and say au revoir, I'm done with this mirror, and its little fo-pa. It had its fun, but the game is up. Stop reflecting me now, let your eyes shut up. The curtain drapes like an eyelid, the anti-thesis to cupid, my mirror. Vanity I say not, though I've been vain a lot. This malice harbored here, stills sheds forth from me. THough the mirror is covered, I see what I saw, and what I saw there was me.

This mirror here, stalks me as prey. I lie at night, till drowsy by day. Afraid of myself, and what I saw there, in my room I saw me, crippled myself with my fear. A man is his own worst enemy, and there I was in front of me. Face to face. Cheek to cheek. Intimacy, at a violent peak. Two inches thick, that sliver satan, that scorching accuser, that's silently waitin.

I throw it out. Wash my hands of the deed. Get rid of the ****er, that's all I should need. But in the days to follow, in my head I would wallow, with great swells of pity, more mirrors surround me. Glued to walls, or the bathroom cabinet, okay I give up, I clearly don't get it. What's the message man? Big voice in the sky!? Answer me dammit, or the shut the **** up and die! Do you want me to quit? Turn away from all this? If that's the big moral, I don't give two squirts of piss. I'm done with the morally righteous schtick. You don't like that, then you can suck my-

This mirror here. Taught me a lot, showed me some poems, that I knew I'd forgot. A style I'd remember, if I gave it a chance, so at once I quit thinkin so my fingers can dance. And dance they did do, for a half hour or two. Till the poem was writ, and at once I was through. Peace comes at last. The message revealed. Hate God for naught, my job here is done. Through hating I loved me, gave up and I won.

Slipnish
April 28th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Hyde...get out of my head. I've been working on something with mirrored imagery as well...

Untitled as of yet...

And me, and me, and me, and me.
Imperfect hall of mirrors,
Distorted perceptions of mine.
I raise my hand.
And so do I, and I, and I, and I.

Surrounded by myself, I stand empty.
And alone, alone, alone, alone.
With just me, and me, and me, and me.
In the Hall of Mirrors.

One soul, so divided can not stand.
Though each piece may shore and prop another.
A temprorary fix of rationale. But empty.
Empty, empty, empty, empty.

Pieces of the whole divided.
Each shallow and unyielding.
Lacking the depth to compromise.
Existing only now.
Screaming at unchanging echoes.
Echoes, echoes, echoes, echoes.

I wonder how I can I be surrounded,
and so alone.

sylouette
April 28th, 2006, 10:16 AM
oh my gosh guys, those are great!

sylouette
April 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I looked in the mirror
and what did I see?
A woman with a fat ass
looking back at me.

So I sighed and I groaned
and ranted for some time...
then made myself a vow
I'm getting my body back to prime.

So I pulled on my sports bra,
my thong, shirt and pants...
Got onto my bicycle and said,
"there'll be no more of these rants!"

So I got my ass in gear
and rode mile after mile...
zoning in on my music
and thinking of him all the while.

I got to 6 miles
and almost stopped...
"F!CK IT....KEEP GOING"
and back on my bike I hopped.

By the time I was through
I had reached 11 miles
I got home and hyperventilated
and plopped down on the floor tiles.

When I finally caught my breath
I went to take a shower...
I peeled off all my clothes
and again looked in the mirror.

Well gosh, I looked different.
A fat ass, I had not...
That mirror lied to me earlier,
cuz DAMN....this woman is HOT!
-sylouette

“How we think shows through in how we act. Attitudes are mirrors of the mind. They reflect thinking.”
--David Joseph Schwartz

Slipnish
April 28th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Syls...

One track mind. :lol: