PDA

View Full Version : Chiune Sugihara

Montalban
May 6th, 2006, 01:51 AM
A Japanese diplomat, and convert to Orthodoxy, Chiune Sugihara saved more Jews in WWII than Schindler.

I'm amazed no one's ever made a film about this remarkable man (perhaps because he's not Anglo-Saxon looking).

There's more info at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugihara

FruitandNut
May 6th, 2006, 02:04 AM
mog - Yes, isn't it strange, hmmn.

There were also quite a number of other 'Nips' who quietly did what they could to redress some of the excesses of the Axis, albeit on a smaller scale. But as you say they were of another 'colour', and of course they got identified with the 'Bushido boys'. Pity.

Montalban
May 6th, 2006, 03:44 AM

There were also quite a number of other 'Nips' who quietly did what they could to redress some of the excesses of the Axis, albeit on a smaller scale. But as you say they were of another 'colour', and of course they got identified with the 'Bushido boys'. Pity.
Am I viewing this thread wrong? All I see is your post and mine.

Snoop
May 6th, 2006, 03:49 AM
Am I viewing this thread wrong? All I see is your post and mine.This topic is 2 hours old - everyone is sleeping. Come back later and I'm sure there will be another response or two (remember it's the weekend). Patience is a virtue.

Montalban
May 6th, 2006, 04:48 AM
This topic is 2 hours old - everyone is sleeping. Come back later and I'm sure there will be another response or two (remember it's the weekend). Patience is a virtue.
Sorry, that's not what I meant. I meant that the previous poster seems to be responding to someone's post that I can't see
because he says

Unless 'mog' means something else (but I thought that there was a member here called mog)

Montalban
May 6th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Here's a picture of the bloke

FruitandNut
May 6th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Oops, sorry Montalban :blush: , you Aussies look all the same :P

Turtleflipper
May 6th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Hero is a hero, this dude deserves rep. If only he'd join ODN.

...or the world made a global rep. system. I'd neg rep Jesus, because that guy should just go away. He's freakin' everywhere. And maybe Tim Burton, motivate him to improve after corpse bride.

Montalban
May 6th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Oops, sorry Montalban :blush: , you Aussies look all the same :P
You had me seriously confused. I thought that perhaps either 'mog' stood for something (aka My own guess)
<br><i><font color="red">The below text has been automerged with this post.</i></font><br>

Hero is a hero, this dude deserves rep. If only he'd join ODN.

...or the world made a global rep. system. I'd neg rep Jesus, because that guy should just go away. He's freakin' everywhere. And maybe Tim Burton, motivate him to improve after corpse bride.
Join? I didn't know that the forum was open for dead people to join. Perhaps you can drop him an e-mail

Turtleflipper
May 6th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Where you been Mont? Jesus got the DSL. All the bigwigs in heaven are clamouring to sign up. We'll be debating relativism with Einstien, and nihilism with Neische.

Montalban
May 7th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Somone's flipped :)