PDA

View Full Version : Salutations, from jwill!

jwill
May 25th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I have been a member here for a while, but have just recently decided to start debating. About myself:

I am an agnostic who seeks spiritual enlightenment within himself. I enjoy peace, harmony, classical music, ballet and love. I hope that this is not too personal, but my spiritual journy has brought me from a very different place; I used to have anger problems, but me and my sponser worked all that out. I am slow to anger and enjoy thoughtful dialogue with my fellow homo sapiens. There are times when I might occasionally lose my temper but I try to control this with deep breathing and building bird houses. Won't you join me in the harmonious act of debate?

ShadowKnight
May 25th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Welcome to ODN :)

Snoop
May 25th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I'm in an angry mood today. I'm not going to welcome you. There are too many people who sign up, introduce themselves and then disappear. I'm tired of wasting my breath.

Amazing to find a man who likes ballet. - j/k - don't mind me. I think I like you because you left yourself open for a roast on your very first post.

nanderson
May 25th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Welcome!

You should join the Nandy for World Domination Clan, where our slogan is "Love is Love" (potential slogan at least). That's deep man...and peaceful. :)

tinkerbell
May 25th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Welcome JWILL!
This is a Great group..Hope you stick around..Also be sure to check out the Clan Threads..I really hope you will consider joining forces with the Nandy Clan..You would make a GREAT addition, and you seem to stand for the same values we teach. HArmony man...I'm feeling you!

SBninjafairy
May 25th, 2006, 09:24 AM
What up Jwilly? I like this place, I usualy read more than I write. But it's all good. I think I may stick around a bit I made good friends with the nandy clan..I am the stunt driver for them. I hope you join. Oh I cage fight..that helps with my anger..Peace out homie.

jwill
May 25th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Wow! Less than 30min and already several responses! How delightful!

Welcome to ODN

Thank you my friend. I hope that we may engage in a wonderous debate at some point during my tenure.

I'm in an angry mood today. I'm not going to welcome you. There are too many people who sign up, introduce themselves and then disappear. I'm tired of wasting my breath.

Amazing to find a man who likes ballet. - j/k - don't mind me. I think I like you because you left yourself open for a roast on your very first post.

I am disheartened that you would choose to "introduce" me in this manner. But I understand where you are coming from as I once was angry myself. To aid in ridding yourself of anger, I suggest the following steps:

1: Share your anger with friends or a loved one
2: Visualize your anger. This was the advice my sponser gave me - she told me to visualize "putting out" my anger as someone would "put out" a fire, but I prefer to visualize strangling my anger, it provides me with some release.
3: Bottle your anger - most counselors don't recommend this and neither did mine, but I haven't had 1 (major) anger outburst since I started doing this - it really works. Anger is like nicotine, the more you have the more addicting it will become, so bottling it up ensures that you will never be exposed to (major) anger.

Welcome!

You should join the Nandy for World Domination Clan, where our slogan is "Love is Love" (potential slogan at least). That's deep man...and peaceful

"Love is Love" - I actually like that, it is very profound...I'm sort of a lone ranger, but may consider joining this "clan". Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome JWILL!
This is a Great group..Hope you stick around..Also be sure to check out the Clan Threads..I really hope you will consider joining forces with the Nandy Clan..You would make a GREAT addition, and you seem to stand for the same values we teach. HArmony man...I'm feeling you!

Thank you Tinkerbell for the welcome!

FruitandNut
May 25th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Welcome jwill. May I assume from your avatar that you that you are not over fond of the nuke stuff?

Pax, bro. MAKE CHOCOLATE, NOT WAR!

sylouette
May 25th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Welcome to ODN, Jwill.

fatuitous
May 25th, 2006, 05:53 PM
You're a hippy or something.

but my spiritual journy has brought me from a very different place

Either that or you are just trying to get a laugh out of us.

Well then, welcome my hippy friend.