PDA

View Full Version : Bringing back "Global Blue" style

Apokalupsis
July 16th, 2006, 12:55 PM
This was of course, or official style or skin for ODN. It was incompatible with the new forum upgrade.

I have since made some changes. It is still in "beta", which means that it may contain bugs here and there. Some features may or may not be working.

This is where YOU come in. If you liked that style, or like it better than the others, use it around the site, and see if you notice any bugs/kinks that need to be addressed. I will try me best to resolve them.

We'll use this thread to keep track of them all.

Meng Bomin
July 16th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Well, the Homepage last post glitch that you fixed with the other skins is there with Global Blue for the moment.

Meng Bomin
July 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Well, the Homepage last post glitch that you fixed with the other skins is there with Global Blue for the moment.
Also, I think that the icon associated with viewing posts is just replaced by a text link. Personally, I don't see this to be a big problem, because the functionality is still there.

EDIT...To add to the not so important list:
Blood Lull's avatar, which appears in threads, doesn't appear in his profile. But since he is banned, I don't think this one matters on face value, though it may be an indicator of another problem.

Apokalupsis
July 16th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Fixed.

Also, I think that the icon associated with viewing posts is just replaced by a text link. Personally, I don't see this to be a big problem, because the functionality is still there.
Fixed.

Meng Bomin
July 16th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Another glitch found. Under the heading for the top forum on the forums page, there is what appears to be table headers that don't match with the content. Actually, I compared it to ODN Red and Mellow and found that ODN Red didn't have the problem dispite its similarity to Global Blue and Mellow used a single set of headers for all forums, without repeating for each set. The attatchment to this post is a screenshot taken using the IE rendering engine with the Alethiareg account. It looks the same with Firefox in my account except it is under the Administrative Section instead of Debate Forums for the obvious reason that that section is at the top for this account.

EDIT: Also, the View Post image still isn't in the quote boxes. In Firefox, it merely appears as a text link, though when I used the IE rending engine, it appeared as a broken image with a text link.

starcreator
July 16th, 2006, 07:19 PM
How I've missed this layout. Thanks, Apok. I've been playing around with the new skin and haven't noticed any problems yet.

Edit: Just like NE, I've noticed that there exists no image for "View post" in quotations in IE. Also, when you click on "save" after editing a message, a broken image appears to the left of the save button (as opposed to the animation that was there in the past layouts).

starcreator
July 16th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I just checked, and there's the same problem (missing image) when you post a quick reply. Image of problem described above:

sylouette
July 16th, 2006, 08:29 PM
How is it possible to get a private message from a member and not be able to find them in the member list? There was a private message sent by a NiccyRose but she's nowhere to be found in the member listings. How does this happen? I know this has nothing to do with skins....sorry.

Apokalupsis
July 16th, 2006, 09:17 PM
How is it possible to get a private message from a member and not be able to find them in the member list? There was a private message sent by a NiccyRose but she's nowhere to be found in the member listings. How does this happen? I know this has nothing to do with skins....sorry.
Members have to make at least 1 post before showing up on the member list. Just a configuration setting I've had for a while.

Llama
July 24th, 2006, 09:53 AM
view posts button fixed
progress button fixed

NE, I can't recreate the table header problem you described. Is it still there?

/oops...this is Apok using a test account btw. ;)

starcreator
July 24th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Suuuure it's Apok using a test account. That's exactly what someone imitating Apok would say.

Meng Bomin
July 24th, 2006, 10:15 PM
It's still there.