PDA

View Full Version : Let's hand the illegals the keys to the country.

Andacanavar
May 5th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Kansas governor to sign bill allowing illegal immigrants state-sponsered tuition. (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/05/05/immigrant.tuition.ap/index.html)

Now this is just, to be qutie frank, stupid, ridiculous, absurd and stupid (again) all rolled into one. It might not be much now, but it's another front into the drive to give illegals more rights then Americans. This is bull****, plain and simple.

Now I can understand allowing in-state residents paying cheaper tuition than people whose official residency lies in other states. But people who's official residency is in ANOTHER COUNTRY and entering here illegaly, paying cheaper tuition than Americans? WTF? Even with the limitations written into the law, this is still bunk.

I don't care if this is liberal or conservative. This country is going to hell in a handbasket, and it has nothing to do with contraception!

kamakaze
May 26th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Warmonger,
You know what's really stupid about this bill? Say you're a student from Mexico, and you come over on a student visa, legally, your tuition would be higher than if you were a student from Mexico and came over here (Kansas) to study and did it illegally. So it is cheaper if you come over to Kansas illegally. I'm sorry but until higher education is free for Americans, we should not be giving anyone from other countries any money-even if there here legally, let alone give it to people here illegally. Pure stupidity, and like you said whether the idea came from Rep. or Dem., it is just dumb.
Bravo- Let's give incentives for illegally coming over here. I mean Bush wants illegal immigrants to be able to get a drivers license, legally. LOL how stupid is that.

Apokalupsis
May 26th, 2004, 12:27 PM
....don't get me started on Illegal Immigration. I've been debating it for a couple years now. In CA, we CATER to illegals (yes, that's what they are....I'm not going to refer to them as "undocumented workers...that pc BS has to go).

In CA, we give illegals driver's licenses, free medical care, and subsidized education (public school systems and college).

Oh...and we consistently shoot down...get this...we shoot down Bills that merely state that we have to enforce EXISTING Illegal Immigration laws! In otherwords...it is so bad here in CA...that we need laws to specifically state that already existing laws need to be enforced...and those new laws get shot down because they are discriminatory. .....what? It's discriminatory to enforce laws concerning illegal immigration?

One thing I DO disagree with you about however...is that this IS a conservative vs liberal issue. In CA, I'm unaware of any conservative Democrat or Republican that has ever once favored or supported any Illegal Immigrant lobby, or voted to shoot down any law that enforces such laws. While there will always be "exceptions" to both sides, this is one issue in CA that has become pretty black and white on the conservative vs liberal philosophical debate.

It's absurd. And all the while, there is a push from the most liberal politicians to create even MORE programs FOR illegals. Also, in Virginia, a group of illegals sued the colleges for not admitting them! I do not know what the outcome was. It's just insane.

One would think that with our current climate, that security and finances would be a top priority. Well, I suppose it is...unless it offends people who want a free ride, for THEIR comfort as an illegal comes before the comfort of the law abiding CITIZEN. And as citizens, we have to pay for those illegals to be "comforted".

Aren't there some countries in EU who have very tight immigration laws? Perhaps modeling certain political philosophies after other nations isn't so bad after all. ;)

Slipnish
May 26th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Kansas governor to sign bill allowing illegal immigrants state-sponsered tuition. (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/05/05/immigrant.tuition.ap/index.html)

Now this is just, to be qutie frank, stupid, ridiculous, absurd and stupid (again) all rolled into one. It might not be much now, but it's another front into the drive to give illegals more rights then Americans. This is bull****, plain and simple.

Now I can understand allowing in-state residents paying cheaper tuition than people whose official residency lies in other states. But people who's official residency is in ANOTHER COUNTRY and entering here illegaly, paying cheaper tuition than Americans? WTF? Even with the limitations written into the law, this is still bunk.

I don't care if this is liberal or conservative. This country is going to hell in a handbasket, and it has nothing to do with contraception!

When I first read the title to this thread, this is NOT what I expected. State sponsored tuition? How in the hell can they even contemplate that? What is the idea?

I would love to say they are kidding, but I guess they aren't... ;?

KevinBrowning
May 26th, 2004, 02:42 PM

I doubt even the most liberal of members of this forum would defend giving illegal immigrants more rights/benefits than legal citizens, native or naturalized.

Apokalupsis
May 26th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Slip, doesn't Texas get its fair share of illegal immigratin problems? How does your state feel towards illegals? Does it provide for and subsidize programs for illegals? Is it more strict? Does it oppose such ideas?

Apokalupsis
May 26th, 2004, 02:54 PM
I doubt even the most liberal of members of this forum would defend giving illegal immigrants more rights/benefits than legal citizens, native or naturalized.
Well, technically, it isn't "more rights/benefits" as a whole, but equal rights/benefits and/or more rights/benefits in specific areas. Something I still oppose.

One could make the argument that illegals are given more benefits than citizens, in regard to their college tuition subsidization. In CA for instance, 75,000 students were denied admissions because in 2001 (I think that is the year) the state needed to make room for 75,000 illegal immigrant students. In that respect, one could argue that the immigrants here have more of a right than those students. The illegals' "rights" supersede that of certain citizen rights.

Also, free healthcare is provided for to illegals -- much of it through Emergency Rooms...it is treated as a primary care facility by illegals, and there isn't anything the Hospital can do about it, except go bankrupt...many are closing due to the high costs...and this is one of the causes of the high costs of healthcare.

LA County alone, spends billions of dollars each year, paying for illegal alien healthcare. That means, that the CITIZEN, many of whom cannot afford their own healthcare, will pay for someone else's healthcare who breaks the law.

In America and in this instance, those who break laws are rewarded, and those who abide by it, are punished.

Andacanavar
May 27th, 2004, 06:55 AM
When I first read the title to this thread, this is NOT what I expected. State sponsored tuition? How in the hell can they even contemplate that? What is the idea?

I would love to say they are kidding, but I guess they aren't... ;?

Unfortunately Slip, it has gone beyond contemplation, obviously, and into reality. It seems to me the idea is nothing more then Americans for one reason or another have to kiss the backside of illegals that enter this country.

And yeah, the healthcare issue is atrocious. Everytime one of my family go to the hospital, I have to give my insurance info, deal with all the crap from the insurance company, then maybe if we're lucky, we get a bill that we can afford (and I actually have decent coverage. Not great, but decent.). Yet illegals walk in and they have everything but the kitchen sink thrown in so they go back to their 3 dollar an hour job and 15 people living in a 1 bedroom apartment lives happily.

It's a disgrace. If we cracked down on illegal scum half as much as we do on kids smoking a joint, we might actually get somewhere. This crap just makes me sick. :mad:

Apokalupsis
May 27th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Thus far, we have a 100% oppositional view to this. Don't we have any "for"? I want to hear good arguments in favor of allowing illegal immigration to be accepted, government to subsidize healthcare and education for illegals, social programs designed for them, and citizens to pay for it all.

I've never heard any logical argument from the lobbyists...perhaps there are some decent arguments to be heard by more intelligent people than they. ;)

Slipnish
May 27th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Slip, doesn't Texas get its fair share of illegal immigratin problems? How does your state feel towards illegals? Does it provide for and subsidize programs for illegals? Is it more strict? Does it oppose such ideas?

Oh yes. Texas is a bit more conservative than most states, but we still get our share of illegals from Mexico. I think anyone who tried to pass a law like that in this state would be lynched and dragged through the streets before being tarred and feathered.

We do subsidize some things, education and medical that I am aware of, and maybe some other stuff that I don't know about, but it isn't much. Texas is woefully underfunded in a lot of areas comparatively speaking.

As for a state response to the problem, we have our share of opinions. Everything from Welcome to Mine the Border, so I can't really give an honest statewide thought on the matter.

I live in central Texas, so the matter isn't as bad as it is, say 4 or 5 hours travel south...

Apokalupsis
May 27th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Maybe we should start a new thread re: Creating a wall to keep out illegals.

I do NOT agree w/ mining the border however. Is there really a movement for that? OR were you goofin'?

Slipnish
May 27th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Maybe we should start a new thread re: Creating a wall to keep out illegals.

I do NOT agree w/ mining the border however. Is there really a movement for that? OR were you goofin'?

:lol: Mainly goofin'. There is no actual political movement for it, but I have heard actual people advocate for it...

Lots of other stuff as well, but mostly just frustrated rednecks whose first thought is, "Shoot first. If it moves again, shoot it some more. Who needs questions?" variety...

The wall idea I have heard proposed as well. Not sure they will ever do it. Hell, we can't even afford to hire enough Border Patrol to be anywhere close to efficient...