November 22nd, 2006, 12:24 PM
And now I'm back.

Funny ol' world.

Snoop
November 22nd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Welcome back - what made you leave?

xB3ngALidiVaX
November 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
hey mee 2! i just never thouht to re-introduce myself. welcome bak! hey snoop...do u remember me?

Iluvatar
November 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
Wow, Harrison. I think you now hold the longest record for leaving and returning (assuming you start posting regularly again). Looks like about 14 months.

Mr. Hyde
November 22nd, 2006, 01:11 PM
Welcome back Har.

Snoop
November 22nd, 2006, 01:18 PM
hey mee 2! i just never thouht to re-introduce myself. welcome bak! hey snoop...do u remember me?How could I forget a name like yours - SHERRI. Do you know my real name?

Harrison383
November 22nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
I even beat out F1Fan? Rock on!

As for why, well it's a long story, and I feel now I will brutally rape your eyeballs by telling it.

My old job was screwing me, so I left, got a better one, and am now happier because of it.

I had a profound revelation about my faith and have thusly renounced it. (Completely personal reason, I hold no bitterness or hatred toward religion in any way)

And I changed my political affiliation, once I took a step back and asked myself what I didn't like about it. (I'm a whig now ;): )

As to why come back? I missed it.

Dionysus
November 22nd, 2006, 02:25 PM
Well by golly it's good to see you, Harrison.

Trendem
November 23rd, 2006, 04:29 AM
I remember you! And yes, I remember you were Christian. What made you quit?

Seems like quite a few ODNers have been rejecting Christianity recently... me included. ;)

Harrison383
November 24th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I asked myself if science somehow proved that modern religion was a fabrication of our minds, and not of any existential body, would I still believe.

A person of true faith would simply reply yes; the realm of man is flawed as set forth by our God.

I could only answer no. I would no longer believe. Therefore I feel that I couldn't continue to believe something without the resolve it deserves. Maybe I was deceiving myself in the first place calling myself a Christian.

So that is, as they say, that.

GoldPhoenix
November 25th, 2006, 06:55 AM
I'm pretty libertarian as well.

sylouette
November 25th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Welcome back Har.

CliveStaples
November 25th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Weren't you a moderator?

Harrison383
November 26th, 2006, 06:29 PM
yeah, for a bit before i left and screwed everyone over.

starcreator
November 26th, 2006, 08:19 PM
A mod with 455 posts? Interesting. How did you "screw everyone over"?

KevinBrowning
November 26th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I asked myself if science somehow proved that modern religion was a fabrication of our minds, and not of any existential body, would I still believe.

A person of true faith would simply reply yes;

Well, obviously science can neither prove nor disprove religion.

So that is, as they say, that.

I'm sorry to hear you've abandoned your faith based on a flawed hypothetical, but welcome back and I'm glad you've found a more enjoyable job. I hope you stay this time.

Harrison383
November 29th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I'm sorry to hear you've abandoned your faith based on a flawed hypothetical...

I'm sorry too. I guess it just wasn't "in" me. Although I have a whole lot more respect now for people who are able to balance their faith and even defend it when faced with adversity. (you, for instance)

A mod with 455 posts? Interesting. How did you "screw everyone over"?

Yeah, I can't explain why I became mod with only 450 and change posts. I guess quality over quantity (snicker snicker) And I screwed everyone because I just became a mod, finally got some pull around here, and just dropped off the face of the earth.

FruitandNut
November 30th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Welcome back Harrison, sure it was ODN that got 'scr*wed over', and not your good self????

I can go along with your contention that no one religion has all the answers, but to turn your back on theism because of it seems to me very like throwing 'baby' out in the 'bathwater'.