PDA

View Full Version : IS God male?

shugarbabies
April 23rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
I've heard from different people over the years that God does not have a gender, yet he is called heavenly father by some. It is thought by other that God gave up some of his glory to come to earth as a Jewish male. In this sense, the representation of God on earth could be said to be male. Likewise, every time "The Angel of the Lord" appeared on earth in the Old Testament, He appeared as a male. Most Christian theologians interpret the appearance of God in the Old Testament as the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ.

He created Adam, he puts him to sleep & then uses one of his ribs to make Eve.
Why was Adam created first? Why not toghether? Why are Women are blamed for the sin of mankind? Why is it that was Eve who took the bite from the apple not Adam? Adam was exonerated from sin because it was Eve who took the bite of the apple. The ONLY women that is held up has a role model is the virgin Mary & the rest are pushed aside.

For those who want to argue this then explain where women work into the equation of the trinity...

Father----------Son----------Holy Spirit

No mother, no daughter, no women at all...The saddest part of this is that women are much closer to godlike in the sense that they give life...

One last thought if God came to earth has a human then why not a women?
Is he saying only a men can save us?

Squatch347
April 23rd, 2007, 06:20 PM
This thread was already posted, please do research before starting new threads.

shugarbabies
April 23rd, 2007, 06:40 PM
Sorry but i can not be looking through the whole site to see if things are posted before. Beside sfor newbies like me...they won't know the difference.

Squatch347
April 23rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Ah, but you see not so newbies like me are tired of repeating themselves. The answers you seek are out there, just go west young man.

shugarbabies
April 23rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
You know it is just as easy for you just to skip posts that you are familiar with. You can just ignore. It is that simple.

eliotitus
April 24th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I've heard from different people over the years that God does not have a gender, yet he is called heavenly father by some. It is thought by other that God gave up some of his glory to come to earth as a Jewish male. In this sense, the representation of God on earth could be said to be male. Likewise, every time "The Angel of the Lord" appeared on earth in the Old Testament, He appeared as a male. Most Christian theologians interpret the appearance of God in the Old Testament as the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ.

Because during the writing of both halves of the bible, the world was a sexist culture in which male was dominant, it wouldn't have been nearly as appealing to people at the time had it had god with a female persona.

He created Adam, he puts him to sleep & then uses one of his ribs to make Eve.
Why was Adam created first? Why not toghether? Why are Women are blamed for the sin of mankind? Why is it that was Eve who took the bite from the apple not Adam? Adam was exonerated from sin because it was Eve who took the bite of the apple. The ONLY women that is held up has a role model is the virgin Mary & the rest are pushed aside..

Again sexist writers

For those who want to argue this then explain where women work into the equation of the trinity...

Father----------Son----------Holy Spirit

No mother, no daughter, no women at all...The saddest part of this is that women are much closer to godlike in the sense that they give life....

Men are required to give life too, learn some biolgy, and once more sexism in the writers

One last thought if God came to earth has a human then why not a women?
Is he saying only a men can save us?

Even if this wern't once again down to sexism in the writers, and not that i believe god exists, but should he want to send a messanger to a sexist culture why on earth would he send a female who wouldn't be taken seriously at the time, especially on matters of religion
<center><br><br><font color="red">_________________________________ <sub> Post Merged </sub>_________________________________</font><br><br></center>
oh and on a side note, i feel this post would have gone better on the religion board as opposed to the history one

wanxtrmBANNED
April 24th, 2007, 07:23 AM
You know it is just as easy for you just to skip posts that you are familiar with. You can just ignore. It is that simple.

The true question here is are you truly female?

And as such are you the youngest or the only child?

Is god male and gay or just male and omni-sexual? :idiot2: