PDA

View Full Version : Wahey, another "hello" thread

Elias
May 2nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Hi, just came to ODN, tis very good. Can someone explain why the blobs under your name are different colours?

Mr. Hyde
May 2nd, 2007, 08:47 AM
Little green blobs mean someone is currently online. Black ones mean someone is not currently online (or possibly invisible).

The golden smilie is the rep feature which allows you to positive rep posts you feel are particularly good, and negative rep posts you feel are particularly bad.

The red blob with the (!) in it is to report a post or user or something. I'm not sure. I can't recall ever using it.

Welcome to ODN.

ladyphoenix
May 2nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
Or is he talking about the rep point indicator? The whole mess of little two-tone green blobs...

Elias
May 2nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Yes to Ladyphoenix, the two shades of green blobs directly under join date, location, posts, quotes.

ladyphoenix
May 2nd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Yeah, those are green if you have positive reputation and red if you have negative reputation. An excellent example of neg rep bars could be found on the profile (or any posts) of Gaius. It's basically an indicator of the number of positive or negative rep points you have.

eliotitus
May 2nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
That was a thinly veiled code for never share the same view as Gaius:grin:
<center><br><br><font color="red">_________________________________ <sub> Post Merged </sub>_________________________________</font><br><br></center>
/hi, congrats you're here, now you're screwed

Swellips
May 2nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
Hi Graeme!

You smell!

Sorry was that immature?

ha you had to scroll down very far!

ladyphoenix
May 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
That was a thinly veiled code for never share the same view as Gaius:grin:Not really. I just figured he should be able to see an example of the red blobs. :)

eliotitus
May 2nd, 2007, 10:16 AM
i was only joking :lol:

Squatch347
May 3rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
That was a thinly veiled code for never share the same view as Gaius:grin:

Whoa, whoa, please don't hold his craziness against the rest of us.

KevinBrowning
May 4th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Welcome.

Elias
May 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I mean the different shades of green, for example i only have a dark green blob, whereas KevinBrowning, for example, has dark and light green blobs