Conversation Between SharmaK and Epic

10 Visitor Messages

1. No, problem - take your time. Good luck in class!
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I do intend to jump back in to the atheist morality thread, I'm just kind of busy with RL now that University is starting up.
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I do intend to jump back in to the atheist morality thread, I'm just kind of busy with RL now that University is starting up.
  4. I'll try and do better:

Why I can lump religions together - I've restated it differently but it basically boils down to religions have immutable foundations which are like built in mechanisms to resist change.
    Why the Icelandic example was invalid - the big deal was that the President was gay not because she was a woman.
    The last section is an explanation of why I think that secular, non-deity driven moral frameworks are more effective in embracing change and I think I explain that part better in my reply to Apo. Namely, secular frameworks can change whereas religious ones, generally cannot.
  5. I read your reply in the atheist morality thread and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the points you're trying to make. I will say that I'm rather tired and I'll take another go at it tomorrow when I'm rested and see if it makes more sense then, but I just figured I'd give you a heads-up in case it isn't just me. It seems like you were rambling in the way that my previous sentence did (now that I look back over it). Cheers!
  6. No problem, you'll almost definitely have a reply before saturday.
  7. Oh yeah, you're right. Sorry. I think I got distracted with that other thread about the tea-baggers. I'll get to it!
  8. You didn't reply to anything beyond the hypocrisy charges and you said you would address the other points later that day. I have been waiting for you to address those other points before I make any other replies.
  9. Epic, I did reply on the 28th. I just assumed that you were bowing out of it.
  10. Just a reminder that you yet to respond to the rest of my points in the atheist morality thread. Looking forward to reading and being challenged by some strong rebuttals. Cheers!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10