Conversation Between Vandaler and KingOfTheEast

7 Visitor Messages

1. Hi, I am quite busy these days, but I'll try and chime in later.

Ciao.
  2. Hey Vand...

See my new thread about the current Canadian political issues we were discussing.http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=20355

Since you're one of the only Canadians on ODN, and and oppose the Conservatives in power, I thought you'd make the perfect person to debate this with since no one is really stepping up. Especially since Canadian politics rarely gets any attention around here. Anyway...feel free to respond or not respond if you'd like. Cheers.
  3. Nice to hear from you again brother.

I have to disagree with that. I don't think any good will come out of a liberal minority government. To me personally, it's quite clear that we have a party that is still upset over the last election loss and will stop at nothing to take power again. Ignatieff would be the worst leader to lead Canada at this time. He doesn't seem like he has Canadian interests at heart. And I'm very happy that the NDP and Bloc have decided not to team up with the Liberals and topple Harper. The fact that the Liberals are pushing for an election and willing to waste so much tax payer money at a time where an election is not something the Canadians are asking for shows the lengths they'll go to just to be in power.

Elections are a remarkable part of our parliamentary democratic system in Canada and it is a great way to keep the ruling party in check. However, I view it as unnecessary at this current time and I don't think it's being done for the right reasons.
  4. Good day King,

I am doing fine and I hope you are as well.

I have no doubt in my mind that the government will be toppled soon. But that friday's vote was not the proper one to make it happen. I think the only way out of this mess is a Liberal minority governement. It's become quite clear that the Conservatives cannot rule by consensus, and we will be goin in elections regularly if we keep voting them in. What do you think ?
  5. Hey Vandaler. How's it going? Just wanted to drop by and ask what you think of the latest situation going on in Parliament with the Liberals looking to topple the Tory government and the NDP and Bloc still refusing to bring them down. Who's side are you picking on this one? And do you predict that they will be toppled by the opposition or not?
  6. Was a pleasure chatting with you and will look forward to the next time.
  7. thanks for the pos. rep. Great to see that even though we didn't agree, you still showed class by keeping that aside. Keep it up...
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7