Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

So What'd You Do Today?

I often go off in the shoutbox on a rant of something that happens to be occasionally during a day....so I thought I'd create a thread that any of us can go to do mention what you might have done for the day or just rant about something that happened that day....good or bad.

I'll start.

Well, Hyde found out his uncle died yesterday so his parents wanted him to go back home for the funeral and started making funeral arrangement. Okay. Nothing was confirmed last night with all the trying to make funeral arrangements on their end, etc.

This morning we wake up and his mom calls to let us know that the flight arrangements made for him were for him to depart at 10:45 this morning.

*DROPS CHIN*

Okay, so I have my son there that I need to try to get to school by 8:00...then I have to call in to work to get Hyde to the airport (which btw is an hour away WITHOUT bad traffic).

I finally get my son ready and out the door, and drop him off at school. I run home and have to rent a car to get him to the airport because my starter is going out and I didn't want to chance driving all the way out there with my piece of 'GETS ME WHERE I USUALLY NEED TO GO' car. It's like 8:30, we rent the car, go gas up and start on our way to the airport. Well Chicago rush hour SUUUCCCCKS.

We get to the airport at 10:30 and start RUNNING through the airport. Now we need to get upstairs at O'Hare to get to the check-in counter and we couldn't find any escalators that go up. So I say, "**** it...let's go up the down escalator".

BIG MISTAKE!!!

We start up the escalator and Hyde bounds up two stairs at a time. Well, I've got sandles on and am trying to run up as fast as I can. Let me just say this. NEVER, NEVER stare at the stairs going 'down' when you're trying to go 'up'. I felt like I wasn't moving. I was running up but felt like the top was never getting closer so I starting looking down at the stairs as I was going up and that was my next mistake. I got so dizzy, I ended up falling UP the down escalator....RIGHT ON MY BACK!!!! Thankfully, Hyde runs up to me and lifts me up off the stairs but I cut my ankles up, my two big toes were bleeding profusely and my elbow as well.

So we get to the ticket counter and find out......he missed his flight. So then we had to pay $25.00 to get him on the next flight which was 1:30. I go into the bathroom and clean myself up but had to carry around a paper towel to keep dabbing up the blood seaping out.

In the meantime, as we're rebooking the flight....I find out that his return flight isn't until next Wednesday!!! His mom booked him for a week out there and the desk clerk said it would be extremely expensive to reschedule it.

So anyway, Hyde assured me he'd be back on Saturday. Not only does he have a job he has to get back to that he left on last notice, but my son also was very upset that he was going out of town and started crying when we left to go to school. My son has already grown very attached to Hyde and really looks forward to spending time with him on his weekends with me...which is this weekend.

So anyway...that was my morning. I was in such a hurry that I didn't get any time to put on make up for work and just threw my hair up in a pony tail/bun. I didn't even realize it until I get to work and my coworker/girlfriend says "you didn't put any makeup on today". I responded, "Sheesh, it's that noticeable?" It was nice to hear her say "No, not really...I just noticed you weren't wearing any eyeshadow. You look pretty without make up....in fact, you don't look much different." I was shocked to hear that from another girl because most women I meet aren't real generous with the compliments.

Hyde is always asking me to not wear makeup but he loves me.

So, anyway, enough of my goin on and on....

What happened to you today?
    Hyde and Sylouette
    Married
    June 30, 2012

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So What'd You Do Today?

I ran an hour and 10 minutes, some of it through waist high, rushing water and some through shallow, "organic" smelling puddles. :(

Also, I got a filling.

Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I got my dentures relined.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I practiced with my band...not quite as exciting as your days
    Catch22

I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Bailed a soldier out of jail
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions. -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Alright. Here's my day. Basically everything Syl said happened happened. I get in the plane to take off, everything's going smoothly....until we get in the air. Turns out, some pilots fly straight. Some pilots like Muhammed Ali their way to the destination. I had the latter. We land, and this guy literally nose dives to the runway (not a typical manuever). We land and the entire plane is cocked to the side (leaning, not twisted). I'm staring out the window at the ground getting too close when he decides to whip a right turn and it gets even closer, he grand theft auto's his way to where we disembark.

After that, I'm on the road with my cousin Sonya who picked me up, and I call my mom to get a sit rep. It turns out, due to mass complications, the funeral won't even be until Sunday, which means I can't come home until Monday, which means I had to break a promise to two people I care very deeply for.

We're sitting here, and tomorrow I told my dad I'd help him clean out Uncle Mitch's house and garage and help get things squared away.

I did talk to Apok though after a hellacious game of phone tag. And I started really reading Ted DeKker's "Showdown" which has me absolutely enamored. The man's a literary wizard.
    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
    1 Peter 3:15-16

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

wow......Syl....are you okay now??? How's your feet and elbow??

nothing much here. Woke up, made blueberry muffins for breakfast, finished laundry, swept and mopped house. Went to work....highlight of that...I spent 10 freakin minutes on the phone with some guy who apparently thought I was Miss Cleo. He kept asking me if he didn't make a reservation, would we have a room for him in July? He didn't seem to understand that I don't know what July is going to be like....whether we will have rooms or be sold out....it's two months away!!!! C'mon. We're sold out mon thru fri anyway...it's a crap shoot man. Take it or leave it. So, among listening to people complain cause we can't give them a free upgrade to a suite just cause they're "frequent flyers".....after 3 different people including the manager tells them this....having some man complain because the women at the front desk didn't offer to carry his bags up 3 flights of stairs....and finally having some poor ladie's hair dryer quit, I got to come home....only to grab MY hairdryer and take it up there for her to use in the morning. Hopefully, I will get it back to use myself before work tomorrow night. Or I'll look like some mongrel mut when the big boss comes in town.

that was my day, now, I'm unwinding watching First Wives Club on tv....and pondering going to bed soon.
    I can only be who He allows me to be, I can only stand where He places me. 1Peter 5:6
    The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything. ---Friedrich Nietzsche

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

You don't want to know

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I ran 5K! My day is now officially over.

I've been given a "timeout"

Post Thanks / Like

Took a nap. It was pretty fun.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    You don't want to know
    Yes, yes I do.

I went to work today...nothing exciting. We had tornado warnings while I was driving home from work and the rain was coming down in buckets.

What am I doing during this time? I'm drinking a cappuccino and text messaging Hyde back and forth the whole way. I'm really quite a cautious driver actually.

Work was alright. I was kept busy. I'm getting to know a lot of the truckers more personally because they come in and want me to figure out what their settlements are going to be for the next pay day. We ******** a bit and most of them are really very nice and respectful to me. Of course, except for one guy (that 28 year old I mentioned some time ago that is really good looking but knows it) who has made it perfectly clear he'd like nothing more than to get in my pants. He asked me out to dinner one time and I told him that my boyfriend wouldn't take that idea very lightly and he told me not to tell him.

Pfft....I tell Hyde EVERYTHING. In any case, I wouldn't give his irrigant ass the time of day outside my workplace.

Our boss barbecued a lunch for everyone. *SMACKS BUG ON COMPUTER SCREEN* ****IN' BUGS! There's these little flying bugs that are nesting in this big tree outside my apartment and somehow they keep getting into the apartment!!! Little nasty ass ****ers.

Anyway....I had a bratz with mustard on it and no bun. It was yummy. I was extremely busy the rest of the afternoon so my day went pretty fast.

My son is talking on the phone with Hyde right now (and has been for like a half hour now) He's as much of a gabber as I am. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have my 10 year old kid up at 11:45 p.m.

You got somethin' to say 'bout that?

Alright, I better get off then get him to bed.......no, maybe I better put him to bed then I'll get off. I know...that was bad

Chow...for now.
    Hyde and Sylouette
    Married
    June 30, 2012

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

well, hubby was off today...and being the giant sweetie that he is...let me sleep until 11am!!! Then, he came back to bed for 30 mins before I MADE myself get up. (Syl, get your mind out of the gutter)...then, I only had a hour and a half until I get to get ready for work. Had to be there by 3pm..have to start getting dressed at 1. Yeah, it takes me two hours to get ready....but, I only do that so I won't rush....I'm always losing things, this gives me time to find those earrings, that other shoe and a pair of panty hose that DON'T have a run. Just got home about 40 mins ago.....and I'm writing this before I head off to bed.
    I can only be who He allows me to be, I can only stand where He places me. 1Peter 5:6
    The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything. ---Friedrich Nietzsche

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sylouette View Post
    Of course, except for one guy (that 28 year old I mentioned some time ago that is really good looking but knows it) who has made it perfectly clear he'd like nothing more than to get in my pants. He asked me out to dinner one time and I told him that my boyfriend wouldn't take that idea very lightly and he told me not to tell him.

Pfft....I tell Hyde EVERYTHING. In any case, I wouldn't give his irrigant ass the time of day outside my workplace.
    And like I said, as soon as I see him, I'm breaking both his legs at the ankles and knees on principle.
    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Belle wasn't raped!

Anyways, my past few days have been boring, consisting of doing nothing.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." --Voltaire

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    well, hubby was off today...and being the giant sweetie that he is...let me sleep until 11am!!!
    Honey, don't be too impressed with him. The only reason they let us continue to sleep is so they get their own space for awhile. Of course, I could be off target in your case....he was probably watching the toddler, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by belle
    Then, he came back to bed for 30 mins before I MADE myself get up. (Syl, get your mind out of the gutter)...
    *heavy sigh* Allllllllllllllrighhhhhhhht.

Quote Originally Posted by belle
    then, I only had a hour and a half until I get to get ready for work. Had to be there by 3pm..have to start getting dressed at 1. Yeah, it takes me two hours to get ready....but, I only do that so I won't rush....I'm always losing things, this gives me time to find those earrings, that other shoe and a pair of panty hose that DON'T have a run. Just got home about 40 mins ago.....and I'm writing this before I head off to bed.
    My God, you remind me of me. The difference is usually, I run in and out because I've forgotten something or another. Up until recently, I used to be a neat freak. I've REALLY laxed on that end lately and find myself much more unorganized than ever.

I haven't worked a full time job for like 10 years. It's amazing how much you take "time" for granted when you have loads of it.

Like I told Hyde yesterday....it's times like this (regarding the death of his uncle) that we realize the value of that saying "Time is of the essence".

_________________________________ Post Merged _________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    And like I said, as soon as I see him, I'm breaking both his legs at the ankles and knees on principle.
    Calm down, babe...he's not worth the time.
    Last edited by sylouette; June 2nd, 2007 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Hyde and Sylouette
    Married
    June 30, 2012

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Belle wasn't raped!
    you're an idiot. And I mean that in the kindest, most loving way possible.

Syl-
    Of course, I could be off target in your case....he was probably watching the toddler, wasn't he?
    yeah, he got up with her, fixed her breakfast, and waited on her hand and foot until I got up. She's gotten into this wonderful thing of not being able to do anything herself.......she calls us nine million times a day

My God, you remind me of me. The difference is usually, I run in and out because I've forgotten something or another
    haha, yep that's me. I tried giving up the two hours the other day....just gave myself 1. It was a disaster. I couldn't find a pair of black pantyhose, and ending up wearing stockings....couldn't find a matching pair and when I finally did....couldn't find my shoe (or the right bra)....then, when I got to work...went to answer the phone and noticed a HUGE run down my right leg!!! I was in SUCH a bad mood. The maintenance man had to take me outside for a smoke. I haven't had a cig in two months.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sylouette View Post
    Calm down, babe...he's not worth the time.
    Now baby, there's no such thing as someone who "ain't worth ya time" when it comes to matters of principle. I'm not mad or anything when I say it. It's just that, these are the facts of the matter. He's repeatedly disrespected me outside my presence, and beyond being a cowardly act to do so, his lack of respect for you (considering you're involved) is something that needs correcting. Like I said that night, it's beyond words. He owes a blood debt and I can wait a decade or longer if it takes it to see that debt collected.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Now baby, there's no such thing as someone who "ain't worth ya time" when it comes to matters of principle. I'm not mad or anything when I say it. It's just that, these are the facts of the matter. He's repeatedly disrespected me outside my presence, and beyond being a cowardly act to do so, his lack of respect for you (considering you're involved) is something that needs correcting. Like I said that night, it's beyond words. He owes a blood debt and I can wait a decade or longer if it takes it to see that debt collected.
    Sometimes I think you're more stubborn than I am.

Today, my son and I went swimming again. It looked like it was going to storm so we did the inside pool again. I can't get over how fun the slide is there. I've been on other tunnel slides before but this one just wows me...plus I love the workout going up the stairs to get to the top of it!

Anyway, did a few laps and went off the diving board a few times....played shark with my son until he walloped me in the stomach with his leg...unintentionally, of course, but it put an immediate halt to our shark game. BTW....I'm always the shark.

The whole thing wore my son out so much, he's napping as I'm writing this. We both miss Hyde terribly this weekend and are trying to fill in our time as actively as possible to keep our minds off of him. My son has been so crabby since I've gone to pick him up just knowing Hyde wasn't going to be here this weekend. But he enjoys their evening talks over the phone that seem to last 30 minutes or so.

Anyway, we'll probably go pick up a movie from Blockbuster for tonight.
    Last edited by sylouette; June 3rd, 2007 at 05:49 AM.
    Hyde and Sylouette
    Married
    June 30, 2012

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I tried out Armored Core 4 on the xbox 360 today. Not quite my game. I really couldn't get into it and felt like I wasted my afternoon. But I was happy that I ran a 5k and did yoga this morning.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daman View Post
    I tried out Armored Core 4 on the xbox 360 today. Not quite my game. I really couldn't get into it and felt like I wasted my afternoon. But I was happy that I ran a 5k and did yoga this morning.
    Often when I go biking, I see some people running. I've done the running thing before, but on a treadmill and found it to be pretty successful...but not as enjoyable or body forming for me as biking is. The difference I noticed between the two is that the biking seems to round out my butt moreso than the running ever did. The only thing running did for that area was take off the weight....leaving me with a flatter looking butt.

What benefits of running are you seeing for yourself?
    Hyde and Sylouette
    Married
    June 30, 2012

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast