Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Silence

A Racist Leader?

I got this via email

I also cant remember how old this is. Like i said it came via email
    Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Your thoughts? Is this racist? Do you agree with what he supposidly said? Do you think people should live by the countrys rules and expectations?

I don't really have a comment on the statment, sorry.

Discuss.

-The Sound of Silence was heard

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Racist Leader?

Wait.so john wants to....whats he trying to do?
    I understand from what hes saying that he might be getting muslims to speak english,
    he might be getting muslims to get out of the country, but he seems to give a feeling that muslims are somehow attacking.
    maybe he wants musslims to suddenly speak english,become christians,and be what is considered an australian
    but they should be considered australian anyway...
    hmm...

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I got this via email

I also cant remember how old this is. Like i said it came via email
    Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Your thoughts? Is this racist? Do you agree with what he supposidly said? Do you think people should live by the countrys rules and expectations?

I don't really have a comment on the statment, sorry.

Discuss.

-The Sound of Silence was heard
    I'd think that if I found this man on the street, I'd walk up and piss on him.

But seriously people:

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH BUSH-ESQUE LEADERS RULING COUNTRIES?

Do we just think it's ballin' to elect stupid sh**s or something? Is it the new "in" thing or something?
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." --Voltaire

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like

Do we just think it's ballin' to elect stupid sh**s or something? Is it the new "in" thing or something?
    apparently yes according to the via email

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

That is an old chain letter:
    What's An American?

Date Added: Jan. 16, 2002
    Last Updated: Aug. 25, 2005
    In the days following the the terrorist attacks on civilian targets in the United States, patriotism was at an all-time high. What exactly constitutes patriotism is subjective, but the popularity and long life of this rant indicate that many agree with its message.

Subject: Be an American
    After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered, one American had had enough. This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. Did quite a job, didn't he?
    IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or his culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.
    Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multi cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.
    As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
    If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.
    We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
    This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE. Please pass this along if you agree.

This chain is a shortened version of an article written in the days after September 11, 2001, by Barry Loudermilk, an Air Force veteran from Georgia and frequent op-ed columnist in the The Bartow Trader, a local newspaper. Given the politically charged condition society was in at that time, other papers quickly picked it up.
    Some feel Loudermilk's remarks are dead-on, while others consider it racist. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, this one has become one of the most popular rants about what many perceived as political correctness run amok.
    Its message, apparently, is universal. In 2005, unidentified forwarders adapted the message to appeal to international audiences, with Australian and English versions leading the pack.

What's An American? - BreakTheChain.org
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.