Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillary Clinton vs. Democrat Party

I have a theory, I believe that it is possible that if Obama bin Laden wins the Liberal nomination, that Billary Clinton may actually endorse McCain and separate herself from the Democratic Party and declare herself an independent.

I think this is possible based on the following:

- She is starting to realize that she is not as well liked within the Democratic party as she thought.

- She realizes that she will not be able to run again for the Presidential nominee as a Democrat. History does not bode well for repeat candidates.

- She called and congratulated John McCain for his victory on the primary. This just seems suspicious to me.

- Her and Obama bin Laden have had a really nasty campaign, I think that it would almost seem impossible for her to endorse him.

- She thinks that if she endorses McCain, she would appeal in a major way to Independents, more liberal Conservatives and less liberal....Libs

- In general, she feels betrayed by the media

--------------------

This is just my opinion obviously, I am interested in you guys thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hillary Clinton vs. Democrat Party

Not going to happen. She is too liberal and too partisan. McCain is moderate, but not far enough to the left for Clinton to back him.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think it will, I would like it to, but I am focusing on the what if aspect of it.

If it does happen, remember, everyone heard it here first...this is my original theory

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think she even stands a chance as an Independent? No Republican would ever vote for her. You might get a few Republican votes for Obama....but for Hillary?

And you know the majority Dems will vote for the candidate that they nominate. So if Obama gets nominated he has the majority of the Democratic vote. So the only people who would vote for her would be a few Dems and Independents, her chances would be non-existent.

The end result is that she accomplishes nothing except to make a fool of herself. She would be the Ralph Nader of this election, ensuring a Republican victory.

I think it would be the stupidest move she could make, far better to bow out gracefully and run for another office, like the senate or wait another 4 years and try again.

I think Hillary is too crafty to make this sort of mistake.
    I typically cite original research papers and reviews that are available only to a personal or institutional subscriptional. If you wish a PDF copy of the papers I cite, send me a request.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chadn737 View Post
    Do you think she even stands a chance as an Independent? No Republican would ever vote for her. You might get a few Republican votes for Obama....but for Hillary?

And you know the majority Dems will vote for the candidate that they nominate. So if Obama gets nominated he has the majority of the Democratic vote. So the only people who would vote for her would be a few Dems and Independents, her chances would be non-existent.

The end result is that she accomplishes nothing except to make a fool of herself. She would be the Ralph Nader of this election, ensuring a Republican victory.

I think it would be the stupidest move she could make, far better to bow out gracefully and run for another office, like the senate or wait another 4 years and try again.

I think Hillary is too crafty to make this sort of mistake.
    I agree that it would be better if she bowed out at the end if she loses....but will she really do that? She is a Clinton after all...I would not put it past her to be that damned spiteful. Again, I do not think this will happen....

But would you at least concede that it is a possibly?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I would concede that its a possibility. I don't really follow politics and most of what I know is hearsay. I'm just speaking what makes sense to me.
    I typically cite original research papers and reviews that are available only to a personal or institutional subscriptional. If you wish a PDF copy of the papers I cite, send me a request.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

lol....I find the majority or politics most taxing....yet, for some reason, I am drawn to them....I suppose that I am simply a glutton for punishment.