Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Grant Writing...

Just completed a grant writing seminar.

Anyone have any last minute advice for someone about to enter the fray of the desperate search for funding?
    But if you do not find an intelligent companion, a wise and well-behaved person going the same way as yourself, then go on your way alone, like a king abandoning a conquered kingdom, or like a great elephant in the deep forest. - Buddha

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grant Writing...

Try kickbacks?

j/k - Try holding auctions with donated products and services.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I meant about writing grants...
    But if you do not find an intelligent companion, a wise and well-behaved person going the same way as yourself, then go on your way alone, like a king abandoning a conquered kingdom, or like a great elephant in the deep forest. - Buddha

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slipnish View Post
    LOL. I meant about writing grants...
    I found a great grant letter:

God GRANT me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh...

Bad Snoop. No cookie for you!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the grant for and who are you submitting it to? I've had a couple courses where grant writing was incorporated into the class and have written one small grant (which got rejected). Thats about the extent of my grant writing experience, but I'm very much interested in discussing the topic and learning more.

I think a lot of it is just knowing who or at least what type of people are going to be on the review board/process. You have to be able to write convincingly, which means that you have to know your audience so that you can appeal to them and what they will understand.
    I typically cite original research papers and reviews that are available only to a personal or institutional subscriptional. If you wish a PDF copy of the papers I cite, send me a request.