Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Poll: Which group prepetuates racism more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Racism

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Racism

I am just curious as to what ODN members think about this subject...

Please explain your answer below

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Racism

You forgot to list a few groups like the KKK, Black Panthers, Latin Kings, Chinese Triad, etc.

Out of the groups you listed - none of them is the worst offender even though they may all be offenders at one time or another. Labels belong on food products, not political parties. Remember - reverse racism almost always exists where racism exists.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Republicans are the root of all evil, and Bush (ironically enough) is the gardener....
    But if you do not find an intelligent companion, a wise and well-behaved person going the same way as yourself, then go on your way alone, like a king abandoning a conquered kingdom, or like a great elephant in the deep forest. - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like

The Democrat Party thrives on racism and a feeling of persecution, justified or not, by minorities. Affirmative action, welfare, slavery reparations: these are all systems or ideas which the Democrats push to black voters. Rev. Jackson and Rev. Sharpton are two Democrat leaders who have made a name for themselves by blaming whitey. Punishing white people today who had nothing to do with slavery and even younger whites who had nothing to do with segregation is also racism.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevinBrowning;
    The Democrat Party thrives on racism and a feeling of persecution, justified or not, by minorities. Affirmative action, welfare, slavery reparations: these are all systems or ideas which the Democrats push to black voters. Rev. Jackson and Rev. Sharpton are two Democrat leaders who have made a name for themselves by blaming whitey. Punishing white people today who had nothing to do with slavery and even younger whites who had nothing to do with segregation is also racism.
    well said, this is exactly right.....ANY objective analyst of the way that the Democratic Party exploits racism and all the other "isms" clearly shows that what you said is exactly correct

Quote Originally Posted by Slipnish
    Republicans are the root of all evil, and Bush (ironically enough) is the gardener....
    Hardly objective, no support....if you are going to make a claim, try to do it the way you are capable of, Slip, you are better than this....

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Every member of the klan that I know are republican. The majority of every other race that I know who are racist (that I personally know) happen to be republican.

This is coming from personal experience, not some stats found online

Racism is found in all parties and I am sure it can even out. I am just speaking from my personal experience.

_________________________________ Post Merged _________________________________

I will try and find it again, but I have also found some very racist remarks from our dear ole democratic Obama stating that even if Blacks and brown skin people had the exact same health insurance that white people have they will not receive the same health care unless there's more dark skin drs and nurses.
    Being poor in this country is hazardous to your health
    Q: Both Latinos and Blacks receive significantly worse medical care than whites in the US, when they get care. What can the president do to address this, and can we afford it?

A: The president can do everything to address this and can afford it if we are able to bring people together to get it done. And this is something that I am committed to doing as president. But it is indisputable that if you are poor in this country that is hazardous to your health, if you are black or brown, too, and poor, it can be downright deadly. Right now, even when blacks or Latinos have the same health insurance as whites, they are not receiving the same quality of care. And that means that we've got to have more black and brown doctors and nurses; we've got to have studies in terms of making sure that we are eliminating these disparities; we've got to make sure that we are doing outreach in these communities ahead of time to prevent disease.
    Source: 2007 Iowa Brown & Black Presidential Forum Dec 1, 2007
    http://www.ontheissues.org/Social/Ba...ealth_Care.htm
    Last edited by Just Me; April 5th, 2008 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Show me the government that does not infringe upon anyone's rights, and I will no longer call myself an anarchist.~Jacob Halbrooks
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~Benjamin Franklin
    "Go big or Go home"~ LoLo Bean

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Racism doesn't exist in America... I should have voted for that.
    There is only class warfare.
    I apologize to anyone waiting on a response from me. I am experiencing a time warp, suddenly their are not enough hours in a day. As soon as I find a replacement part to my flux capacitor regulator, time should resume it's normal flow.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Racism doesn't exist in America... I should have voted for that.
    There is only class warfare.
    class envy is the new racism....interesting...

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCEFIGS
    class envy is the new racism....interesting...
    I live in the south, so there are plenty of "Minorities" around. When I hear a "racist" comment, it isn't really about race, it is almost always connected with some economical or self interest situation.

The white guy thinks the black man is... Lazy. The white guy isn't upset because the other is black, but because he is lazy.

A black man is put behind another to be served, He wasn't really upset because he thought he was being discriminated against based on color. He just wanted to use his race to get ahead in line.

I'm trying to be general, but there are specific real occasions of both.

The only place racism is still alive, is within those that make money from the economy of racism.

It is true that many people use color as an indicator for expected behavior. However it isn't a source for hate. Just like we don't expect a majority of kids to be responsible, once we are proven wrong they get respect. Same with race.

As race is not the root cause of hate, it isn't "Racism". IMO.
    I apologize to anyone waiting on a response from me. I am experiencing a time warp, suddenly their are not enough hours in a day. As soon as I find a replacement part to my flux capacitor regulator, time should resume it's normal flow.

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    Every member of the klan that I know are republican.
    Chump change. If you want a true leader and representative of the KKK in US politics...you'll have to find them in the Democratic Party.

Senator Robert "KKK" Byrd, who attained the title of Exalted Cyclops (leader of his chapter). Before that, he was a Kleagle (a KKK recruiter).

On the issue of a racially mixed military, he said: "Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." and "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side"

More: http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=383

Yet, he gets pretty much, a free pass from the media and the Democratic Party. If he were Republican, he'd be "hung" out to try by the media and the Democratic Party.

The Democratic Party (liberalism in general) has a rather unique and devious way of denouncing others, while protecting their own. It's uniquely hypocritical. It claims to favor tolerance, while practicing intolerance. And it requires racism and divisiveness to survive, which is why it perpetuates such "evils" so much and so well. I don't think there is a more divisive and manipulative (and corrupt/hypocritical) philosophy than American liberalism.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

That may be true, Apok... I am just speaking from personal experience. From the people in the klan who I actually know. Incuding hearing them talk about their friends who are in the Klan...
    Show me the government that does not infringe upon anyone's rights, and I will no longer call myself an anarchist.~Jacob Halbrooks
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~Benjamin Franklin
    "Go big or Go home"~ LoLo Bean