Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Add

ODN Community Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Add

Does anyone know of anything someone could do to help manage ADD so that you can focus, without involving medication? I doubt there is, but you never know...
    Empty.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Add

Art.

Focus on artwork and you'll always be focused.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Run a 21km race. You will feel pooped afterwards and too tired to concentrate on anything else but your aches and pains.

Okay...sorry. Maybe exercising will help. Have you tried it yet?
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

ODN Community Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I've definitely tried art and it works for a while a little... I haven't tried exercising! Thanks!
    Empty.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderWright View Post
    Does anyone know of anything someone could do to help manage ADD so that you can focus, without involving medication? I doubt there is, but you never know...
    Here's some tips.
    Avoid sugar and caffeine. They will just make you jumpier.

Eat more protein, less carbs. Protein has a more calming effect on the body.

Make sure you get good sleep.

Take frequent breaks. If you're trying to focus on something, do it in shorter spurts. Let yourself take a couple minutes break every 5 or 10 minutes or so.

Find something repetitive to do with your hands. Okay...so maybe this just adds to the neurosis, but I find that if do something like take a little ball of play-doh and just work it with my hand while I'm doing something I need to focus on with my brain, it helps.
    Souls of the animal kingdom: eagle, fox, bottle-nose dolphin, octopus, house cat. Okay, let's jump this jump. -- Rod Kimble

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

ODN Community Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Does ADD have anything to do with being hyper? Isn't that ADHD? I'm definitely not hyper.

Maybe I did it wrong or not long enough, but exercising didn't really help.

Thanks, Happylady, I'm going to try all of that!
    Empty.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLady View Post
    Find something repetitive to do with your hands. Okay...so maybe this just adds to the neurosis, but I find that if do something like take a little ball of play-doh and just work it with my hand while I'm doing something I need to focus on with my brain, it helps.
    ... and I thought you were telling him to masturbate

This thread is just too wierd - kind of like the blind leading the blind.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post
    ... and I thought you were telling him to masturbate

This thread is just too wierd - kind of like the blind leading the blind.
    Now that you mention masturbating. Maybe that will actually help Snoop. I am serious. With that other thread they said masturbating makes you tired and can calm you.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

ODN Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aspoestertjie View Post
    Now that you mention masturbating. Maybe that will actually help Snoop. I am serious. With that other thread they said masturbating makes you tired and can calm you.
    Well, that certainly works more often with men than women, that's for sure... Might not be a bad idea.

However, I don't know why cutting down on stimulants would help ADD if Ritalin (a stimulant) is a very popular treatment for the condition...
    "And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped." ~ Monty Python

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderWright View Post
    Does ADD have anything to do with being hyper? Isn't that ADHD? I'm definitely not hyper.

Maybe I did it wrong or not long enough, but exercising didn't really help.

Thanks, Happylady, I'm going to try all of that!
    Yes ADHD is attention deficit hyperactive disorder... and ADD is attention deficit disorder.

You can have ADD without the hyperactive.

From wiki
    Three forms of ADHD exist, ADHD-PI or ADHD Primarily Inattentive (previously known as ADD or Attention Deficit Disorder), ADHD-PH/I or ADHD Primarily Hyperactive/Impulsive, and ADHD-C or combined type.
    However, from the reading I have done on AD/HD it is easier for people with ADD to become hyper, then people without ADD. So you can have hyperness with ADD.. Or at least that's what I have gotten from my reading of AD/HD..

_________________________________ Post Merged _________________________________

I just found this....

Wondering about the differences between ADD and ADHD? ADD or Attention Deficit Disorder is a general term frequently used to describe individuals that have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder without the hyperactive and impulsive behaviors. The terms are often used interchangeably for both those who do and those who do not have symptoms of hyperactivity and impulsiveness.
    ADD
    Last edited by Just Me; June 4th, 2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Show me the government that does not infringe upon anyone's rights, and I will no longer call myself an anarchist.~Jacob Halbrooks
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~Benjamin Franklin
    "Go big or Go home"~ LoLo Bean