Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Depends...In real life or in the chat rooms?
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Christanity vs Atheism

I have heard from many people that, "God cannot be proven nor disproven". This may be true but it may not be so true.i think that you may beable to "tilt" the scales in the atheists favor but still i think it is impossiable to disprove god...so far to our knowlage. Religion is drivin into the very sycology of our minds. When you were younger think for a second...when you were in school what did you say every day in the begging of school? You said the plege of allegiance. This plege added "One nation under God" becuase of the godless sovet uninion.But reguardless every day children tuched by christianity or not, herd the word "god". Now think about it...when you hear a word or a thing that you dont know what do you do? You ask questions of course! You try to find out what this "God" is. Most of the time if the child talked to there parents in the USA they said something like "Well he is the creator of the earth and everything you see before you" or something like "He is the pinical of the christian religion" (if of course the famialy is trying to tell the child what is proven not what is in debate). :neut:

That child may even ask more questions like "What does god look like?" or "Tell me more!" or even "where can i learn more?". Now before i go on further with this paragraph let me say something before.

The children that are saying these things are wached over. They are protected and told that "if you do good things good things happen to you" (kinda like santa!). Or maby "if you do bad things bad things happen you ya'". So even before the child wakes into that church door or reads the bible he/she is alredy put into a mind state of justice and being protected. They are alredy prone to use "god" as a bench point for syclogical help in times of bad when he/she becomes older.

Now i will continue with the 2ed paragraph ill copy and past it just incase you were a little sytracked at the time.

That child may even ask more questions like "What does god look like?" or "Tell me more!" or even "where can i learn more?". So any self respecting parent would do as the child wishes like take the child to church or even read the bible or just tell them about the bible (and of course this might lead to the takeing of the child to church if he/she is that intrested). Since at a younge age you are more prone to "brainwashing" but not as harsh. (couldent think of a diffrend word) (when i said when your younge your more prone to "brainwashing" i want you to refer to north korea) But becuse the teaching of the Christans are "soft" then the child even at an older age understands its meaning and soon grows to become a "chrisian".

Now let me give you a little recap and history of the christian church or cathlick church in the medeval times. The church was just begging after the deth of jesseus christ. Where the followers and such began to form churches or places where they can meet. And the religion grew from there. But when it was just begging it had a few opesisions for most popular religion. The celtic religion was one of these. So what does the church do? (im going to put this in caps to make sure you can read better) THEY DEMONIZE THE CELTIC RELIGION! THATS WHAT THEY DO !!! They unrightfully attack another religion. They turn the celtic giants into demons and blood thirsty vandals that hunt and kill. By makeing storys such as "Jack the giant killer" or latter it was turned into a child story so it was made "Jack and the bean stalk". The first storys of "jack and the giant killer" were of a youth named jack with many diffrent giants, he out wited them and sliced off there heads off or decapated them. Of course later this was not thought aproperate for children so it was made into the story we all know and love "Jack and the bean stalk".

Now out right i have a problum with this... Why is it right to demonize another religion to gain your own popularity? If this is the "Word of God" then it shouldent need to go to such drastic messures. Why if this is truly gods word does one need to attack another? Ill answer that right now if you dont mind...Because they need more followers! and they needed more Church members and the churches needed more money and the list goes on and on. Soon the church became extreamly powerful. They could discomunicate kings and ruin there kingdome! This religion killed more pple then in the history of the world! and thus i go into my next section.

This religion Killed LITTERLY MILLIONS OF INISENT LIVES!!!! Don't belive me? Oh then maby you have forgoten about the dreaded Spanish Crusades . The aztecs, incas, myans, and a small part of the middle east all fell prey to Christiantys deadly grasp. Oh and lets not forget about the horriable Holocost in WW2! i will tell you one of the main reasons why so many jew were killed. In the christian religion the jewish nation killed a man named Jesseus Christ. The jews shortly after were persecuted ever sence. They move away from the egyptions and moved north... Still ever persecuted and enslaved no place was safe when the jews tryed to find shelter. Expeseuly when they lost there beloved homeland. Hitler was if i may recall a Christian with radical looks upon the bibal and used the Jews as the Germans Point of anger! So they slaughtered then..starved them...forced them into labor with nothing but malnutrision and wooden boards to sleep on at night. All becuase of one mans death who said or insisted he was gods son and that the jewish religion was not correct...and this is where christainty still stands! Like all other religions are false, and driven foolisly beliving in the wrong out look of god.

Bah! Where was god in the earlyer days of empires? Where was god when the first human tribes were formed? Last i heard all the earlyest religions are not even CLOSE to the figure of the god you christians hold so dearly. Here is the christian time line. God created earth.. a few days later there were animals then there were pple....then 1 2 skip a few 99 or so hundred years and TODA were here at where jesseus was crusefied and jews were persecuted...intresting time line isent it?

Oh and now we are at the all powerful and so deeply rooted... afterlife... I beleive i said it pretty good in an earlyer (but more contervircial) essay of mine so ill just give you that and add some if i think it is needed.People donít want to think that after they die there is nothing. Just the thought that there is nothing left after you die makes even the most harden people quiver. People want to believe that after they die they will be rewarded for their good deeds or punished for their wrong doing.(think of a more simple version of this the santa claws story ) When people think of death they think of heaven. Christianity is so vastly rooted in our minds that it is nearly impossible to erase it from out minds. Think of Christianity as a very large tree. Now picture a small farm. Think of the farm as the USA. Now, that tree is so firmly incased in the ground that nothing can get it out. The roots dig extremely deep. And with your technology you canít get it out. All you have is a chain saw and a tractor. The chain saw can get the upper 2/3 but still you have the roots left to deal with. How are you going to get it out? Your tractor was only good for the top of the tree. And your chain saw can only get about 1 or so feet deeper into the ground. Digging into the rocky and hard ground will only destroy more of your farm. And with all the rocks that are nearly bigger then a small T.V screen then that would only make a huge mess or just destroy the farm land. So you see if you make this visualization then as you see it is impossible to destroy the very roots of Christianity, afterlife, reward, guidance, and justice (in other words, some one will make sure that justice is served and the wrong doer will pay. Again this goes into the deep roots of the afterlife).

so far thats all i have for this essay i may add to this once i think of more...some times i forget when i am on a writer spree.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Christanity vs Atheism

An interesting, well-written phonetically communicative masterpiece. Some valid points, some invalid ones. It'll take me a minute to dissect it into arguable points. Rest assured, criticism is on the way!
    Fortunately, the darkest of darkness is not as terrible as we fear.
    Unfortunately, the lightest of light, all things good, are not so wonderful as we hope for them to be.
    What, then, is left, but various shades of grey neutrality? Where are the heroes and villains? All I see are people.

Post Thanks / Like

Hurray! oh also if that essay was to spelling wridden then i have fixed the spelling for you all so here is the fixed essay

I have heard from many people that, "God cannot be proven nor disproved". This may be true but it may not be so true. I think that you may be able to "tilt" the scales in the atheists favor but still I think it is impossible to disprove god...so far to our knowledge. Religion is driven into the very psychology of our minds. When you were younger think for a second...when you were in school what did you say every day in the begging of school? You said the pledge of allegiance. This pledge added "One nation under God" because of the godless soviet union. But regardless every day children touched by Christianity or not, herd the word "god". Now think about it...when you hear a word or a thing that you donít know what do you do? You ask questions of course! You try to find out what this "God" is. Most of the time if the child talked to there parents in the USA they said something like "Well he is the creator of the earth and everything you see before you" or something like "He is the pinnacle of the Christian religion" (if of course the family is trying to tell the child what is proven not what is in debate). ::

That child may even ask more questions like "What does god look like?" or "Tell me more!" or even "where can I learn more?". Now before I go on further with this paragraph let me say something before.

The children that are saying these things are watched over. They are protected and told that "if you do good things good things happen to you" (kind of like Santa!). Or maybe "if you do bad things bad things happen you ". So even before the child wakes into that church door or reads the bible he/she is already put into a mind state of justice and being protected. They are already prone to use "god" as a bench point for physiological help in times of bad when he/she becomes older.

Now I will continue with the 2ed paragraph ill copy and past it just incase you were a little sidetracked at the time.

That child may even ask more questions like "What does god look like?" or "Tell me more!" or even "where can I learn more?". So any self respecting parent would do as the child wishes like take the child to church or even read the bible or just tell them about the bible (and of course this might lead to the taking of the child to church if he/she is that interested). Since at a younger age you are more prone to "brainwashing" but not as harsh. (couldnít think of a different word) (when I said when your younger your more prone to "brainwashing" I want you to refer to north Korea) But because the teaching of the Christians are "soft" then the child even at an older age understands its meaning and soon grows to become a "Christian".

Now let me give you a little recap and history of the Christian church or catholic church in the medieval times. The church was just begging after the death of Jesus Christ. Where the followers and such began to form churches or places where they can meet. And the religion grew from there. But when it was just begging it had a few oppositions for most popular religion. The Celtic religion was one of these. So what does the church do? (I am going to put this in caps to make sure you can read better) THEY DEMONIZE THE CELTIC RELIGION! THATS WHAT THEY DO !!! They unrightfully attack another religion. They turn the Celtic giants into demons and blood thirsty vandals that hunt and kill. By making stories such as "Jack the giant killer" or latter it was turned into a child story so it was made "Jack and the bean stalk". The first stories of "jack and the giant killer" were of a youth named jack with many different giants, he out witted them and sliced off there heads off or decimated them. Of course later this was not thought appropriate for children so it was made into the story we all know and love "Jack and the bean stalk".

Now out right I have a problem with this... Why is it right to demonize another religion to gain your own popularity? If this is the "Word of God" then it shouldnít need to go to such drastic measures. Why if this is truly gods word does one need to attack another? Ill answer that right now if you donít mind...Because they need more followers! and they needed more Church members and the churches needed more money and the list goes on and on. Soon the church became extremely powerful. They could discommunicate kings and ruin there Kingdome! This religion killed more people then in the history of the world! and thus I go into my next section.

This religion Killed LITTERLY MILLIONS OF INISENT LIVES!!!! Don't believe me? Oh then maybe you have forgotten about the dreaded Spanish Crusades . The Aztecs, Incas, Mayans, and a small part of the middle east all fell prey to Christianities deadly grasp. Oh and lets not forget about the horrible Holocaust in WW2! I will tell you one of the main reasons why so many Jew were killed. In the Christian religion the Jewish nation killed a man named Jesses Christ. The Jews shortly after were persecuted ever since. They move away from the Egyptians and moved north... Still ever persecuted and enslaved no place was safe when the Jews tried to find shelter. Expectedly when they lost there beloved homeland. Hitler was if I may recall a Christian with radical looks upon the bible and used the Jews as the Germans Point of anger! So they slaughtered then. Starved them...forced them into labor with nothing but malnutrition and wooden boards to sleep on at night. All because of one mans death who said or insisted he was gods son and that the Jewish religion was not correct...and this is where Christianity still stands! Like all other religions are false, and driven foolishly believing in the wrong out look of god.

Bah! Where was god in the earlier days of empires? Where was god when the first human tribes were formed? Last I heard all the earliest religions are not even CLOSE to the figure of the god you Christians hold so dearly. Here is the Christian time line. God created earth.. a few days later there were animals then there were people....then 1 2 skip a few 99 or so hundred years and TODA were here at where jesses was crucified and Jews were persecuted...interesting time line isnít it?

Oh and now we are at the all powerful and so deeply rooted... afterlife... I believe I said it pretty good in an earlier (but more controversial) essay of mine so ill just give you that and add some if I think it is needed. People donít want to think that after they die there is nothing. Just the thought that there is nothing left after you die makes even the most harden people quiver. People want to believe that after they die they will be rewarded for their good deeds or punished for their wrong doing.(think of a more simple version of this the Santa claws story ) When people think of death they think of heaven. Christianity is so vastly rooted in our minds that it is nearly impossible to erase it from out minds. Think of Christianity as a very large tree. Now picture a small farm. Think of the farm as the USA. Now, that tree is so firmly incased in the ground that nothing can get it out. The roots dig extremely deep. And with your technology you canít get it out. All you have is a chain saw and a tractor. The chain saw can get the upper 2/3 but still you have the roots left to deal with. How are you going to get it out? Your tractor was only good for the top of the tree. And your chain saw can only get about 1 or so feet deeper into the ground. Digging into the rocky and hard ground will only destroy more of your farm. And with all the rocks that are nearly bigger then a small T.V screen then that would only make a huge mess or just destroy the farm land. So you see if you make this visualization then as you see it is impossible to destroy the very roots of Christianity, afterlife, reward, guidance, and justice (in other words, some one will make sure that justice is served and the wrong doer will pay. Again this goes into the deep roots of the afterlife).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vance101
    I have heard from many people that, "God cannot be proven nor disproven". This may be true but it may not be so true.i think that you may beable to "tilt" the scales in the atheists favor but still i think it is impossiable to disprove god...so far to our knowlage.
    A balance that is slanted is still technically stable and balanced... just not evenly.
    Religion is drivin into the very sycology of our minds. When you were younger think for a second...when you were in school what did you say every day in the begging of school? You said the plege of allegiance. This plege added "One nation under God" becuase of the godless sovet uninion.But reguardless every day children tuched by christianity or not, herd the word "god". Now think about it...when you hear a word or a thing that you dont know what do you do? You ask questions of course! You try to find out what this "God" is. Most of the time if the child talked to there parents in the USA they said something like "Well he is the creator of the earth and everything you see before you" or something like "He is the pinical of the christian religion" (if of course the famialy is trying to tell the child what is proven not what is in debate). :neut:
    For those who believe, they are answering as honestly as they can in a child-appropriate sense. They do not know if they are inadvertently indoctrinating falsehoods, they sincerely believe it is the truth. Most of them at least.

That child may even ask more questions like "What does god look like?" or "Tell me more!" or even "where can i learn more?". Now before i go on further with this paragraph let me say something before.

The children that are saying these things are wached over. They are protected and told that "if you do good things good things happen to you" (kinda like santa!). Or maby "if you do bad things bad things happen you ya'". So even before the child wakes into that church door or reads the bible he/she is alredy put into a mind state of justice and being protected. They are alredy prone to use "god" as a bench point for syclogical help in times of bad when he/she becomes older.
    Indoctrination begins with suggestion, and from there progresses to dogma, and later on command. This goes for religions, as well as politics or any other socially accepted statement (morality...)

Now let me give you a little recap and history of the christian church or cathlick church in the medeval times. The church was just begging after the deth of jesseus christ. Where the followers and such began to form churches or places where they can meet. And the religion grew from there. But when it was just begging it had a few opesisions for most popular religion. The celtic religion was one of these. So what does the church do? (im going to put this in caps to make sure you can read better) THEY DEMONIZE THE CELTIC RELIGION! THATS WHAT THEY DO !!! They unrightfully attack another religion. They turn the celtic giants into demons and blood thirsty vandals that hunt and kill. By makeing storys such as "Jack the giant killer" or latter it was turned into a child story so it was made "Jack and the bean stalk". The first storys of "jack and the giant killer" were of a youth named jack with many diffrent giants, he out wited them and sliced off there heads off or decapated them. Of course later this was not thought aproperate for children so it was made into the story we all know and love "Jack and the bean stalk".
    Fledgling religions have to generate belief, and the best way to do that is to manipulate perception of the other options. Christianity, however, has evolved an expectation of "Love thy neighbor." which may have gone unnoticed or ignored for a good deal of its history. All the crimes in the name of Christianity in the past 1500 years or so have been committed with alterior motives (political, national, cultural...) that Christianity provides excuse for. Consider the Christianization of South America. The "heathen" tribes, although they were intellectually adept at developing medecines and mathematics, as well as engineering and construction (ziggurats etc) methods. However, they sacrificed to their own gods, and this is percieved as biblically incorrect. Thus, conversions were attempted. As we all know, the devout are difficult or impossible to persuade, so conversions by sword were initiated. Conquering ensued, with the technologically superior Spanish/Portuguese quickly eliminating the tribes. Eventually, they were "persuaded" to convert, at the cost of their civilizations. But at least they converted. Mission accomplished for Christianity, and the explorers and Conquistadors made a heap of gold and treasure. Both the gold and conversions were goals, but which was more important?

Now out right i have a problum with this... Why is it right to demonize another religion to gain your own popularity? If this is the "Word of God" then it shouldent need to go to such drastic messures. Why if this is truly gods word does one need to attack another? Ill answer that right now if you dont mind...Because they need more followers! and they needed more Church members and the churches needed more money and the list goes on and on. Soon the church became extreamly powerful. They could discomunicate kings and ruin there kingdome! This religion killed more pple then in the history of the world! and thus i go into my next section.
    Religions don't kill people. People kill people. Religion is a tool. Thus, men gain political and personal power by using religion as a means to obtain other peoples' things. Enter medieval society and the Catholic Tithe. People were absolutely willing to pay because their lives were horrible and a heavenly afterlife sounded fantastic. Christianity provides a set of easy, clean, and desirable answers to the questions people will always ask.
    This religion Killed LITTERLY MILLIONS OF INISENT LIVES!!!! Don't belive me? Oh then maby you have forgoten about the dreaded Spanish Crusades . The aztecs, incas, myans, and a small part of the middle east all fell prey to Christiantys deadly grasp.
    Christianity, partly, but also the lust for gold and treasure.
    Oh and lets not forget about the horriable Holocost in WW2! i will tell you one of the main reasons why so many jew were killed.
    Christianity was not the main factor in the holocaust, but the need to scapegoat the Germans' suffering provided a reason to want to blame someone.
    In the christian religion the jewish nation killed a man named Jesseus Christ. The jews shortly after were persecuted ever sence. They move away from the egyptions and moved north... Still ever persecuted and enslaved no place was safe when the jews tryed to find shelter. Expeseuly when they lost there beloved homeland.
    Jews have been persecuted for as long as other religions have existed. All religions demonize others, it's part of the deal with being "absolute truth." Believing otherwise is unacceptable.
    Hitler was if i may recall a Christian with radical looks upon the bibal and used the Jews as the Germans Point of anger! So they slaughtered then..starved them...forced them into labor with nothing but malnutrision and wooden boards to sleep on at night. All becuase of one mans death who said or insisted he was gods son and that the jewish religion was not correct...and this is where christainty still stands! Like all other religions are false, and driven foolisly beliving in the wrong out look of god.
    You're drawing a horribly inaccurate link. Jews were not the subject of Christian anger, they were the subject of Hitler's anger. Many people disliked Jews just from their reputations as successful businessfolk and the like. This made them good scapegoats for German failures and suffering. Hitler persuaded others to believe his beliefs, and the movement went from there.
    Bah! Where was god in the earlyer days of empires? Where was god when the first human tribes were formed? Last i heard all the earlyest religions are not even CLOSE to the figure of the god you christians hold so dearly. Here is the christian time line. God created earth.. a few days later there were animals then there were pple....then 1 2 skip a few 99 or so hundred years and TODA were here at where jesseus was crusefied and jews were persecuted...intresting time line isent it?
    Supposedly the first tribes spread from Israel and things went from there. The OT covers the gap you're looking for. I assure you, Christianity's flaws are not so obvious as historical gaps.
    Oh and now we are at the all powerful and so deeply rooted... afterlife... I beleive i said it pretty good in an earlyer (but more contervircial) essay of mine so ill just give you that and add some if i think it is needed.People donít want to think that after they die there is nothing. Just the thought that there is nothing left after you die makes even the most harden people quiver. People want to believe that after they die they will be rewarded for their good deeds or punished for their wrong doing.(think of a more simple version of this the santa claws story ) When people think of death they think of heaven. Christianity is so vastly rooted in our minds that it is nearly impossible to erase it from out minds. Think of Christianity as a very large tree. Now picture a small farm. Think of the farm as the USA. Now, that tree is so firmly incased in the ground that nothing can get it out. The roots dig extremely deep. And with your technology you canít get it out. All you have is a chain saw and a tractor. The chain saw can get the upper 2/3 but still you have the roots left to deal with. How are you going to get it out? Your tractor was only good for the top of the tree. And your chain saw can only get about 1 or so feet deeper into the ground. Digging into the rocky and hard ground will only destroy more of your farm. And with all the rocks that are nearly bigger then a small T.V screen then that would only make a huge mess or just destroy the farm land. So you see if you make this visualization then as you see it is impossible to destroy the very roots of Christianity, afterlife, reward, guidance, and justice (in other words, some one will make sure that justice is served and the wrong doer will pay. Again this goes into the deep roots of the afterlife).
    Afterlife is a big prize that is rewarded to those who are devout and devoted for their entire life. The catch? You don't know if it's true until you die. The hook? To scare you out of believing otherwise, you're damned if you don't believe! Christian conversion is one thing, but retention of believers is where I give it the most respect. That it can capture people with temptations of eternal happiness, then keep them in its tendrils with threats of damnation if one begins to doubt or believe otherwise... It's incredible. I am most impressed at the current status of this religion, and I expect it to last a good deal longer. When will it collapse? I would argue that eventually people as a whole would give up waiting for Christ's return, or better yet, if some individual convinces enough Christians that he's the second coming, there will be another huge schizm and Christianity will be forced to adapt (in the fashion that Christianity sprung from Judaism, and Islam sprung from Christianity). Give it enough competition and it will be weakened. Give it enough time and it will get competition.

And Atheists will be watching the whole time, eating popcorn and poking fun at the actors on stage.
    Unfortunately, the lightest of light, all things good, are not so wonderful as we hope for them to be.
    What, then, is left, but various shades of grey neutrality? Where are the heroes and villains? All I see are people.

Post Thanks / Like

Afterlife is a big prize that is rewarded to those who are devout and devoted for their entire life. The catch? You don't know if it's true until you die. The hook? To scare you out of believing otherwise, you're damned if you don't believe! Christian conversion is one thing, but retention of believers is where I give it the most respect. That it can capture people with temptations of eternal happiness, then keep them in its tendrils with threats of damnation if one begins to doubt or believe otherwise... It's incredible. I am most impressed at the current status of this religion, and I expect it to last a good deal longer. When will it collapse? I would argue that eventually people as a whole would give up waiting for Christ's return, or better yet, if some individual convinces enough Christians that he's the second coming, there will be another huge schizm and Christianity will be forced to adapt (in the fashion that Christianity sprung from Judaism, and Islam sprung from Christianity). Give it enough competition and it will be weakened. Give it enough time and it will get competition.

And Atheists will be watching the whole time, eating popcorn and poking fun at the actors on stage.

you say wise words... i like the last sentence.
    i couldent think of anything to reply to but the thing about the holocost. I guess that is a gap in my essay along with the "missing history". but none the less it is a small part... if not anything at all...
    but religions "attack" eachother i just pointed out the christians for effect

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like

You really should look at the Meme thread I started. I believe you'd find it interesting. Pay particular attention to the replies from "Pibs". He's written a book about a specific type of meme so he knows his stuff.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

vance101, I like to feel I am a Christian, but please don't associate me with some of your ideas on Christianity, I feel many others would feel likewise about some of your ideas. It is so easy to mix politics with religion and they should be different beasts. When you refer to Celtic religion, are you refering to Celtic paganism, 'Bog-man type human sacrifices and the Wicker-man'?
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin.
    Emitte lucem et veritatem - Send out light and truth.
    'Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt' - Julius Caesar (rough translation, 'Men will think what they want to think')
    Kill my boss? Do I dare live out the American dream? - Homer Simpson.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sterotypeing if thats what you mean. I am simply takeing "all" of the bad parts about christianity and puting them into a mixing pot. (kinda the opesit of CNN) I could tell you a story that the christian religion created when they were demonizing the celtic pegnizm religion...here it goes

(forgot the title)

once there was the very largest of giant. He was one of the biggest in the hole the land! Once day the giant saw a beutiful young whoman. (The giant was alredy married but still he was a lustfull man.) So the giant asked the Whoman if they wuold like to marry. The whoman being part of the church (i belive a nun) said no. But if the giant wasent anything, he was persistant. He tortured her by sending masses of gifts and presents! Every day. After a while the Whoman had a idea. She said ,"Yes i will marry you, but only if you fill this well with your blood." (the giant being not to bright did the task) He cut his wrist and started to fill the well with his blood. But after a while he has lost to much...and he fell there dead...

thats a story!

Post Thanks / Like

What a sinister and manipulative nun. I'm sure she even kept the gifts, too
    And drank all the blood as well!

Post Thanks / Like

lol

Need to validate email

Life by the drop. I've come to understand just what that means.
    Post Thanks / Like

by fyshhed.........
    Both the gold and conversions were goals, but which was more important?
    No contest. The gold hands down. Though "Christianity" was the flag they used as they stole gold while mutilating and killing an entire way of life it had everything to do with greed and nothing to do with spreading the word. This is just like an evil adult finding an innocent child who thinks he knows something but the adult knows better and "corrects" the child.....................:O)
    When the power of love becomes stronger than the love of power, there will be peace..........jimi hendrix.

Need to validate email

Life by the drop. I've come to understand just what that means.
    Post Thanks / Like

And Atheists will be watching the whole time, eating popcorn and poking fun at the actors on stage
    Not this atheist.................:O)
    When the power of love becomes stronger than the love of power, there will be peace..........jimi hendrix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberclown
    No contest. The gold hands down. Though "Christianity" was the flag they used as they stole gold while mutilating and killing an entire way of life it had everything to do with greed and nothing to do with spreading the word. This is just like an evil adult finding an innocent child who thinks he knows something but the adult knows better and "corrects" the child.....................:O)
    "Evil?" What are you hinting at?

Post Thanks / Like

No contest. The gold hands down. Though "Christianity" was the flag they used as they stole gold while mutilating and killing an entire way of life it had everything to do with greed and nothing to do with spreading the word
    here here! I greatly agree with you and that was the point of that particular paragraph (maby i should add it more literlay bedides expecting pple to peice the puzzle together)

This is just like an evil adult finding an innocent child who thinks he knows something but the adult knows better and "corrects" the child.....................:O)
    Now your dancing on the edge of child abuse or minior child abuse (like a spanking) your dancing on a whole nother subject

not this aithest
    why not? popcorn is good :p

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Vance, I ask but one thing, that you use actual historical facts and Christian beliefs.

I believe I tore apart a similar essay in another thread, dont make me do it again.
    I typically cite original research papers and reviews that are available only to a personal or institutional subscriptional. If you wish a PDF copy of the papers I cite, send me a request.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I tore apart a similar essay in another thread, dont make me do it again
    i highly dought that you can "tear" apart that essay... there are a couple tuchy subjects i know but i have used what you cal historical fact and some christian belifes.
    in a nutshell "i would like to see you try"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vance101
    Religion is drivin into the very sycology of our minds. When you were younger think for a second...when you were in school what did you say every day in the begging of school? You said the plege of allegiance. This plege added "One nation under God" becuase of the godless sovet uninion.But reguardless every day children tuched by christianity or not, herd the word "god".
    Vance, if you will correct the spelling of that article, I will read it and give my input.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

i highly dought that you can "tear" apart that essay... there are a couple tuchy subjects i know but i have used what you cal historical fact and some christian belifes.
    in a nutshell "i would like to see you try"
    I already showed the many errors you had in thsi thread: http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/s...3&page=3&pp=20

Your current essay makes outrageous claims and exaggerates the truth. It lacks any credible evidence to support your claims.
    I typically cite original research papers and reviews that are available only to a personal or institutional subscriptional. If you wish a PDF copy of the papers I cite, send me a request.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL did you read this one? im guessing you dident maby you thought this is the same one...its not...read it then talk.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I've read it, you attempt to burden christianity with the Holocaust is outrageous.

The rest of your time is spent trying to in someway make Christians to be nothing more than a bunch of brainwashed fools, unable to escape what they beleive.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast