Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

On the menu in the Mind Trap home

Gumbo
    Jambalaya
    20lb Cajun injected Rotisserie turkey
    Potato Salad
    Granny Smith Apple Pie
    Pumpkin Pie
    Sweet potato Casserole with pecan pralines
    I apologize to anyone waiting on a response from me. I am experiencing a time warp, suddenly their are not enough hours in a day. As soon as I find a replacement part to my flux capacitor regulator, time should resume it's normal flow.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the drumsticks - crispy but not burned.

Let's remember the purpose of this holiday - to give thanks for the giving!
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving. My plans? Triple overtime. It's my year for Thanksgiving. LAME!
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." ~Bertrand Russell

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving All!

Gumbo
    Jambalaya
    Potato Salad
    Granny Smith Apple Pie
    Pumpkin Pie
    What no pecan pie????? How could you? You break my heart knowing you are a southerner and no pecan pie... And for everyone who is not from southern US... It is pronounced pa-con pie.. Not pee can pie

_________________________________ Post Merged _________________________________

We have a big dinner planned at my grandmothers..
    Turkey
    Dressing
    Ham
    turnips and/or collards
    rolls
    yams
    cake
    (pa)-con pie
    pumpkin pie
    deviled eggs (my favorite and being made just for me )

That's the basics of traditional Turkey Day dinner with my family....

We have already had 2 dinners, one at my sisters with her hubbys family, and one at my brothers with my sis n laws family..

And we had (pa)-con pie at every dinner
    Last edited by Just Me; November 27th, 2008 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Show me the government that does not infringe upon anyone's rights, and I will no longer call myself an anarchist.~Jacob Halbrooks
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~Benjamin Franklin
    "Go big or Go home"~ LoLo Bean

Post Thanks / Like

I eat pacan pie all year. It's the best pie, and anybody who forgets it on Thanksgiving is really only celebrating some kind of distorted wannabe holiday.

Today doesn't even feel like a holiday though.

Prediction: As the world becomes more practical, governments will cease to recognize holidays and the workweek will continue as usual. More and more, I'm seeing people who'd rather finish their projects than spend time with their families.

I wonder what the pagans are doing today? They seem like the only people who know how to enjoy life these days. I feel like dancing around a campfire naked myself
    DITTA ARTIGIANA BUDRIO / F.MENAGLIO

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Gumbo
    Jambalaya
    Potato Salad
    Granny Smith Apple Pie
    Pumpkin Pie
    Gumbo???? Jambalaya???? What the heck is that? What kind of American are you to have something outside of the traditional Turkey dinner??? How dare you!!!!

Hyde and my Thanksgiving Day was a bit odd, to say the least. My son usually spends Thanksgiving Day with his dad's family, which is rather big I might add. Then Daniel will spend the day after with me and my family. It just works out well that way.

In any case, this year.....my ex invited Hyde and me to spend Thanksgiving with his family this year because he knew my son really wanted his mother there. As odd as that sounds, we agreed....for the sake of Daniel.

It turned out that Hyde had to work today so I ended up having to go there by myself.

All in all, it turned out okay....I pretty much just ate, chatted with a few people a little while and then collected a plate of food for Hyde and came home to him shortly after he got off work....then Daniel stuck around there a bit longer and came over to sleep over.

So now I'm signing off for the evening.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving.

I LOVE Pecan Pie btw. I can't eat it just for the fact that I just can't get past the idea of over 1000 calories per piece sitting on my hips along with the other 1000s of calories I just took in just at dinner.
    Hyde and Sylouette
    Married
    June 30, 2012

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Squatch made us two game hens and fingerling potatoes and onions. Simply Delish!

Tomorrow we fly to Ohio to have Thansksgiving with my side of the family on Saturday only to fly back Saturday evening. I'm sure my aunties will outdo themselves with a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.

I will also be meeting the first of the new generation of my family! A six month old baby girl named Maggie!

Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just me
    What no pecan pie????? How could you? You break my heart knowing you are a southerner and no pecan pie... And for everyone who is not from southern US... It is pronounced pa-con pie.. Not pee can pie
    Yea, I wasn't in charge of the Pies.... except the eating part
    We did have home made cranberry sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by SYL
    Gumbo???? Jambalaya???? What the heck is that? What kind of American are you to have something outside of the traditional Turkey dinner??? How dare you!!!
    Don't worry, we had a Turkey. Jambalaya is like a Rise dressing ... sort of. It is just 100xs better than any traditional rice dressing
    Gumbo.. It's like a carnival to the taste buds, it makes a turkey dinner seem ... rather pointless and a little bit sad.
    I apologize to anyone waiting on a response from me. I am experiencing a time warp, suddenly their are not enough hours in a day. As soon as I find a replacement part to my flux capacitor regulator, time should resume it's normal flow.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I wasn't in charge of the Pies.... except the eating part
    We did have home made cranberry sauce.
    You should fire whoever was in charge of the pies

I can't imagine a holiday dinner with no pecan pie... My grandmother made 3 for yesterday... The one I got some of was still warm which made it ohh soo much better... My grannie makes the best pecan pies....
    Show me the government that does not infringe upon anyone's rights, and I will no longer call myself an anarchist.~Jacob Halbrooks
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~Benjamin Franklin

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTME
    You should fire whoever was in charge of the pies
    Well, you know what they say.
    "You can pick your wife, but you can't pick your inlaws".

My parents made the Pecan Pies. They also acquired a sack of oysters to make oyster dressing... I had none :(

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

For the love of God, it's PEE-CAN!
    Everything is connected.
    Read my new novel here. Join an epic adventure.

No liberal propaganda, I promise.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

ewww.

pee - can =

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

ewww.

pee - can =
    That ^^^^^ is a pee-can....

This is Pa-Con pie....
    Southern Gold pecan pie...

Once again.. To view a pee-can look at MT's above post or the first picture in this post...

Now I will show another picture of pA-cOn pie for my northern friends

Can you see the difference??

_________________________________ Post Merged _________________________________

Here so you can hear the pronunciation according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary click on this link..

Pa-Con
    Last edited by Just Me; November 28th, 2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Texas, which is about as Southern as you can get without being in Mexico, but in my imagination I live in the most liberal corner of New York. And I have never fallen into the accursed habit of calling pecans, PAH-CONS. It's PEE-CANS. And you better get all your heads out of the toilet.
    Everything is connected.
    Read my new novel here. Join an epic adventure.

No liberal propaganda, I promise.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalTruth View Post
    I live in Texas, which is about as Southern as you can get without being in Mexico, but in my imagination I live in the most liberal corner of New York. And I have never fallen into the accursed habit of calling pecans, PAH-CONS. It's PEE-CANS. And you better get all your heads out of the toilet.
    OK... You live in the south and can't or don't pronounce pecan correctly?? What's wrong with you woman? You break my southern heart

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Texas is a whole other country. I don't expect them to get it right.
    I live in the true south. South Louisiana. We invented Good food, and schooled everyone on what nuts are for.

Quote Originally Posted by WIKI
    Tradition holds that the French created pecan pie soon after settling in New Orleans, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecan_pie

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Texas is a whole other country. I don't expect them to get it right.
    I live in the true south. South Louisiana. We invented Good food, and schooled everyone on what nuts are for.
    Amen!

I consider the south.....Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. Arkansas just cause they need an excuse for those gosh awful accents.

Texas....is the west. I find it crazy that people consider it the south. Alot of people consider Oklahoma the south too. THAT is nuts.

Speaking of nuts....

It's PACON.
    I can only be who He allows me to be, I can only stand where He places me. 1Peter 5:6
    The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything. ---Friedrich Nietzsche

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

pee-can
    For when you just got to go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast