Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ODN Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Question for Homosexuals

One of my best friends, who I cosigned for his trucking school loan, is totally metrosexual. Just the way he is. No other way to put it. He's very "girly." Now, my husband swears up and down he doesn't see it, but whatever. My husband doesn't get weird about that kind of thing anyhow. So this friend of mine, he makes plenty of comments about men, just like me and his girl do. We all comment equally on men and women. No big thing. This friend of mine is quite at home at gay clubs, being hit on by men, and talking with them. They're human beings. But he has no interest in them. I say that honestly, knowing him as long as I have, and paying as much attention to those kinds of details... had he been secretly curious about men, I'd have picked up on it by now... He just happens to be as open and secure as a person could be about himself and sexuality in general.

My advice: your suspicions say a lot more about you then they do your friend, LI. Don't jump to hasty conclusions because you're afraid of what those conclusions could mean to you... It's not about you.
    "And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped." ~ Monty Python

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladyphoenix View Post
    My advice: your suspicions say a lot more about you then they do your friend, LI. Don't jump to hasty conclusions because you're afraid of what those conclusions could mean to you... It's not about you.
    Well I mean saying things like that all the time makes one wonder ya know? And for another guy actually wanting another guy to have a homosexual expierience is a verrrrrrrrrrrry awkward. But, it's all good.

ODN Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Infamous View Post
    Well I mean saying things like that all the time makes one wonder ya know? And for another guy actually wanting another guy to have a homosexual expierience is a verrrrrrrrrrrry awkward. But, it's all good.
    I can't imagine why it would be awkward, unless you assume that because this friend of yours might like guys, he might like YOU (which again is you-centric, which is what I'm getting at here), and THAT'S what makes it weird... I mean, I've had gay girlfriends and my husband, a very manly man has not only had gay friends, but he had one come onto him REAL strong, you don't even want to hear the story. Turns to the dude and says, "Man, I do not like you like that." And that was the end of that. They work together, and their work relationship is totally not awkward as a result...

So let me bring it back, it's only WEIRD if you make it weird.
    "And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped." ~ Monty Python

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine why it would be awkward, unless you assume that because this friend of yours might like guys, he might like YOU (which again is you-centric, which is what I'm getting at here), and THAT'S what makes it weird... I mean, I've had gay girlfriends and my husband, a very manly man has not only had gay friends, but he had one come onto him REAL strong, you don't even want to hear the story. Turns to the dude and says, "Man, I do not like you like that." And that was the end of that. They work together, and their work relationship is totally not awkward as a result...

So let me bring it back, it's only WEIRD if you make it weird.
    Lol I don't think you understood what I said. A friend of mine seriously meant what he said when he told me he actually wanted me to have a homosexual expirience. Basically he likes the idea of ME having one for some weird reason. THAT'S what's awkward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    I know a local homo sex-advice columnist has often expressed his disgust at female genitalia. I'm guessing if anything some homosexuals have a heightened aversion to the opposite sex since they are both not attracted but it is also not personally familiar. Heteros at least are well familiar with their own equipment even if they aren't eager to get sexy with it.
    I know the guy you're talking about.
    He actually refers to the "aversion" as "that uncomfortableness you felt when the opposite sex had cooties, that never went away". I like that description. Also, that homosexual in particular has had experience with the female genitalia, having has heterosexual sex to 'prove' he wasn't gay.

I think it's all personal, not set to one sexual orientation. Some lesbian-identified women occasionally want to have heterosexual intercourse, not often and they by no means want a relationship, but once in a while, they crave it. And I'm sure you'd find a few gay gynecologists. It's all personal.

ODN Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Lol I don't think you understood what I said. A friend of mine seriously meant what he said when he told me he actually wanted me to have a homosexual expirience. Basically he likes the idea of ME having one for some weird reason. THAT'S what's awkward.
    Wow, you actually said that? I totally must have missed it. You told him you're not interested, then?

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you actually said that? I totally must have missed it. You told him you're not interested, then?
    Here's what I originally said when I had asked the question:

Oh yeah I have another question about the same kinda scenario except what was said was a lil different. Another one of my male friends would always tell me how he thought I was sexy in joking kind of way. I'd always disregard it but then one day I finally asked what his deal was. He said that he just wanted me to have a homosexual expierience (he wasn't talking about with him though, but just a homosexual expierience in general)

So, what's up with him?
    So like I said before, for some reason or another he thinks the idea of me having a homosexual fling is cool.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to get to know the both of you better before I could provide some kind of educated opinion, but I'll throw this out there:

If some guy wants to do something but is unsure of it, he might want his friend to do it as well to help him feel better about making the same choice.

As an analogy.

Let's say Joe wants to try cocaine but is unsure on a number of levels - worried about the legality, how dangerous it is, what his friends will think of him, etc. So he might want a friend of his to experiment with it as well to alleviate his own concerns about doing it. If his buddy does it, then it's not so bad if he does it.

Or maybe he's already done it and if his friends do it, he won't feel as weird about it.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    I'd have to get to know the both of you better before I could provide some kind of educated opinion, but I'll throw this out there:

If some guy wants to do something but is unsure of it, he might want his friend to do it as well to help him feel better about making the same choice.

As an analogy.

Let's say Joe wants to try cocaine but is unsure on a number of levels - worried about the legality, how dangerous it is, what his friends will think of him, etc. So he might want a friend of his to experiment with it as well to alleviate his own concerns about doing it. If his buddy does it, then it's not so bad if he does it.

Or maybe he's already done it and if his friends do it, he won't feel as weird about it.
    Makes sense. I just wonder why he wants ME to have one though. I guess it would satisfy him in some kind of way if I did. He's always asked for pictures of me to. Something's clearly off about him.

Lol man I've always had weird friends.

ODN Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

So like I said before, for some reason or another he thinks the idea of me having a homosexual fling is cool.
    I don't know why it would be so weird. I have encouraged gentlemen callers to do things that made them uncomfortable in the past. Generally it was in order to knock their machismo down a couple of notches because they were arrogant punks... but then that's why they came to me in the first place... But I digress... I don't see why it's so weird. I've made comments like that to girls and guys over the years, and I'm not "homosexual." Would you be offended if I said I think it would be cool if you had a homosexual fling?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    Women are secure enough in their sexuality (straight), but guys freak out..
    I hear this term thrown around quite a bit. What exactly does it mean to be "secure" with one's sexuality?

ODN Community Regular

According to Christians, just south of heaven
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by czahar View Post
    I hear this term thrown around quite a bit. What exactly does it mean to be "secure" with one's sexuality?
    It's the ability to hang out with people that are gay if you're straight.

For example...I have a friend that is a complete flamer. It doesn't bother me in the least to hang out with him. He's a human being like me. So he gets his jollies having someone ram the one eyed snake up his poop shoot. That ain't my concern. I can hang out with him no issues at all.....everyone else can look and speculate on the nature of our friendship....but that's their problem.

I don't worry about being hit on. OF course he's gonna make the sexual comment from time to time just to mess with me. OF course I'm going to tease him about the delights of a vagina. It's all good.

some guys can't handle that. A lot of your bad fundies....would freak the hell out. The wouldn't be able to get off their soap box about hell, god hates fags, they'd be uncomfortable as hell......oh well.

In Heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here.

Rogue Cardinal, Member of the God-Awful Atheist Syndicate

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I originally said when I had asked the question:

So what you are really trying to see with "my friend" is that you have a friend that you'd like to have a homosexual experience with? Come on man...you can tell us.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    It's the ability to hang out with people that are gay if you're straight.
    You sound like me when I'm hanging out with my gay/lesbo/bi friends.

What I don't understand, though, is where the "insecurity" comes from. Yeah, these people, these "fundies", "neo-cons", what have you, certainly don't like homosexuals, and it's pretty childish, but what is it about their dislike that puts them under the label of "insecure"? Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not trying to justify homophobia or even defend it. I just think the wording is bad.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

I have encouraged gentlemen callers to do things that made them uncomfortable in the past. Generally it was in order to knock their machismo down a couple of notches because they were arrogant punks... but then that's why they came to me in the first place...
    Are you saying that you wanted arrogant guys that hit on you to do things that were awkward to them? I think that's what you're trying to say but I'm not quite sure.

I don't see why it's so weird.
    Think about it. Why would a straight man want another straight man to have a homosexual fling? Also, why would another straight man always want another man's pictures? There's nothing weird about that you? Like I said, it seems like it would satisfy him if I were to ever have one. If it would in fact satisfy him, then that basically means homosexual activity satisfies him.

Anyway, back to the whole picture deal. What's your opinion on that? I think he might have some gay or bi friends that he wants to show my pics to or something. Either that or he has a crush on me and wants to keep them for his self.

Would you be offended if I said I think it would be cool if you had a homosexual fling?
    I wouldn't be offended but I'd be weirded out. Which is the same way I felt when my friend said that.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by czahar View Post
    You sound like me when I'm hanging out with my gay/lesbo/bi friends.

What I don't understand, though, is where the "insecurity" comes from. Yeah, these people, these "fundies", "neo-cons", what have you, certainly don't like homosexuals, and it's pretty childish, but what is it about their dislike that puts them under the label of "insecure"? Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not trying to justify homophobia or even defend it. I just think the wording is bad.
    People fear what they do not understand. There is a fear that if you let the homo's loose everyone will end up gay. So you have to be secure in your "manhood"...so you won't be tempted to go to the dark side....like Lord Infamous....no pun intended! HAHAHAA

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

you have to be secure in your "manhood"...so you won't be tempted to go to the dark side....like Lord Infamous....no pun intended! HAHAHAA
    Riiiiiiight lol. I'm as straight as a line. I wonder about my friends sometimes though.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Riiiiiiight lol. I'm as straight as a line. I wonder about my friends sometimes though.
    Right....look man we are all adults. What better way to come out of the closet than to people on the internet that don't even know you. I bet you'll feel better once you do.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Right....look man we are all adults. What better way to come out of the closet than to people on the internet that don't even know you. I bet you'll feel better once you do.
    Blah blah blah lol.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Blah blah blah lol.
    No one talks about homosexuality as much as you do. You've got pages and pages of homo talk in just a few scant days. It's painfully obvious.

You're a rump ranger.....the first step to recovery is admitting you like dick. Go ahead....admit it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast